+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
JWZR421 said:
Once you submitted through paper application, you will never be able to link online. That is not how it works.
I recently saw on CIC and it started from 9th april 2016.

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
Netz said:
I recently saw on CIC and it started from 9th april 2016.
Oh that's new! This is the first time I heard of it.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
JWZR421 said:
Oh that's new! This is the first time I heard of it.
@JWZR421 It is a new feature added in the mycic account. I have been trying to add my paper application from the past 5 days but it is not working at all. You can only try this only 5 times in 24 hours.

@Netz Did you managed to link your paper application to mycic ?

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Netz said:
nope, I tried 5 times today and will again try tommorrow. they say no matches found...:(
I am doing this for the past 6 days. I think we are wasting our time in it.

If we know the Application number, we can track the real status online.

I called vfs.unfortunately they don't have any such number. Usually it is given by CIC during medical/passport request for paper application. So for someone applied with upfront medical and submitted passport with application, there is no way of getting the application number.

They will also provide the application number when you send them case specific enquiry when you pass the normal processing time.

Other than the scenarios above, we cannot get the application number to track :(

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
osamayawar said:
My wife applied on 28th February, 2016 from Pakistan and still no response. Should i be more concerned?
My wife applied on 19-Jan, so far no response. For Pakistan, CIC has special processing time of 10 months for work permits. For India it is 1 months, and above approvals are for our Indian friends. I hope CIC process our application quicker.

osamayawar

Jan 11, 2016
I heard few cases in which people from Pakistan got it in 4 months. Correct me if i am wrong.

b4ahmad said:
My wife applied on 19-Jan, so far no response. For Pakistan, CIC has special processing time of 10 months for work permits. For India it is 1 months, and above approvals are for our Indian friends. I hope CIC process our application quicker.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
osamayawar said:
I heard few cases in which people from Pakistan got it in 4 months. Correct me if i am wrong.
Yes you are right.

But no one can predict when their visa will be processed. We all go with processing times available in the CIC website.

As b4ahmad said, the maximum processing for work permit applicants from Pakistan is 10 months. They usually update it weekly as per their application load.

You can check the processing times here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

If you are lucky, you can get it way before the maximum processing time mentioned above.

I hope it helps,

Good luck.

sw8Tjana

Star Member
Jul 29, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
Waiting
Just sharing my timeline.
Me and my common law partner applied for an extension of our workpermit.
Well, he was on a closed work permit and I applied for his BOWP and mine for extension of SOWP.
Applied online on March 11, 2016. Inland Applicant.
Everyday since we submitted it, I always check our my cic account.
And today, April 19, 2016, when I check my cic, it shows updated and when I open it, it shows application closed. Final decision: Approved. But it doesnt show yet on my messages, like it did with my previous applications. So, i really hope it is indeed closed and approved. We will just be waiting for the confirmation mail then.

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
sw8Tjana said:
Just sharing my timeline.
Me and my common law partner applied for an extension of our workpermit.
Well, he was on a closed work permit and I applied for his BOWP and mine for extension of SOWP.
Applied online on March 11, 2016. Inland Applicant.
Everyday since we submitted it, I always check our my cic account.
And today, April 19, 2016, when I check my cic, it shows updated and when I open it, it shows application closed. Final decision: Approved. But it doesnt show yet on my messages, like it did with my previous applications. So, i really hope it is indeed closed and approved. We will just be waiting for the confirmation mail then.
That's how my wife got her approval too. Just wait for a couple of hours or the next day for the letter. The permit will be mailed to you in a week.

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats sw8Tjana!

Anyone else heard back yet? Looking at the Excel sheet, I was expecting a couple of people to hear back this week.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
parvisingh said:
Applied 21st March approved 17th April. Waiting for work permit to be delivered home.
Congrats Pervisingh. Where was your spouse when you apply for SOWP? Inside Canada or outside? and Did you apply online or paper based?

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
b4ahmad said:
Congrats Pervisingh. Where was your spouse when you apply for SOWP? Inside Canada or outside? and Did you apply online or paper based?
My wife was here. Inland applicant for SOWP. Online based.