+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
fkl said:
SOWP is not for spouse of a PR. It is only for spouse of those on study or work permits.

Assuming her application for PR was submitted in land i.e. from inside Canada, she is eligible for a simple open work permit (based upon her PR).

Since she has applied before the expiry of current permit, she should be on implied status, given her PR is already in process.
Doesn't she need to apply for open work permit along with her pr application? I am confused now

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pama said:
got passport request - 4th april, application approved - 14th april.Abu dhabi application automatically cancelled once it got approved .
we were not expected it will get approve because of two appication processing at same time,but Gods grace it approved.
was it an online application second time as you mentioned you got passport request?

jijialex

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
jijialex said:
Hai fkl and all

Applied spouse open work permit and TRV for daughter online in Canada (while spouse and daughter in India)

Submitted on March 1 2016
Got medical request are both March 9 2016
Medical done --March 16 2016
Got passport request (daughter) - March 18 2016
Spouse --- No reply after medical
It's been almost 21 days since medical.No response concerning medical or passport request.Is there anything i need to worry about ?any idea what is taking so long now?.
Please help me...

Today got spouse Passport request :D :D :D

Thank you Jesus! this is a miracle, my wait is finally over

Hope everybody can got your SOWP soon stay positive with prayer

pama

May 10, 2015
Hai rkapoor

i assume that your application also may processing in abudhabi. i waited almost 8 months, the second application was just a trial .i applied it online without mentioning his current country of residence abudhabi. i applied it online on feb 17th.upload almost same documents from previous application. all the pay stubs was recent.

documents:

husbands -

1 medical
2.application form
3.abu dhabi police clearance.
3.passport scaned copy
4job letter and duties and responsibilities
5.recent pay slips.
6.property evaluation from charterd accountant
7.bank statement
8.letter of explanation(cover letter)
9.his education documents and experience letter

my documents.

1. invitation letter.
2passport and workpermit copy
3.tenant agrement form
4.job letter
5.pay stubs
6.bank statement
7.t4 forms
8.educational documents

proof of relationship and family information form

1marriage certificate.
2.wedding photos
3.marriage invitation card

these are the documents i uploaded.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Raj19 said:
Doesn't she need to apply for open work permit along with her pr application? I am confused now
Yes she needs to apply for OWP along with PR assuming she is already in Canada.

That is NOT a spouse dependent work permit (SOWP). Spouse of a PR does not get SOWP. They get spousal sponsorship if they are outside Canada and have to wait until sponsorship is done.

When some one is already IN CANADA and applying for PR from Canada, they are eligible for OPEN WORK PERMIT.

The basis of her OPEN WORK PERMIT application is simply her PR application, not the current status of her spouse.

Which part is confusing?

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
fkl said:
Yes she needs to apply for OWP along with PR assuming she is already in Canada.

That is NOT a spouse dependent work permit (SOWP). Spouse of a PR does not get SOWP. They get spousal sponsorship if they are outside Canada and have to wait until sponsorship is done.

When some one is already IN CANADA and applying for PR from Canada, they are eligible for OPEN WORK PERMIT.

The basis of her OPEN WORK PERMIT application is simply her PR application, not the current status of her spouse.

Which part is confusing?

Yea she applied for owp along with pr app not SOWP.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
jijialex said:
Thanks for helping all forum members and specially fkl
Congratulations jijialex.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
I wish all SOWP applicants Good luck for the upcoming week.

Let's expect more good news this week...!

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
GreenHak said:
Hi,

Your 2 months time will complete tomorrow. So you can send case specific enquiry for the consulate to know the status of the application.
hi, when my wife applied for the SOWP I had just attached my offer letter, you think when i send a case specific enquiry i should also attach my pay slips.? would that help me.?

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jijialex said:
Thanks for helping all forum members and specially fkl
Congrats jijialex! Your timeline is giving me hopes now. I applied on March 13th (online, spouse in India) so hoping i hear back soon.

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
Netz said:
hi, when my wife applied for the SOWP I had just attached my offer letter, you think when i send a case specific enquiry i should also attach my pay slips.? would that help me.?
When mi wife applied for SOWP, we just attached my offer letter and existing WP, no payslips and she got approved. So I guess not being able to attach any payslip will not be a problem.

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
JWZR421 said:
When mi wife applied for SOWP, we just attached my offer letter and existing WP, no payslips and she got approved. So I guess not being able to attach any payslip will not be a problem.
thank you so much, im hoping to hear some great news this upcoming week and hope it will be a great week for every1..

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Has anyone tried Linking their Paper application to Online GC key account so that you can get detailed info about your application status.?

I tried alot but could not find the match.? If anyone has done it please let me know how does it work out for you, and what info does it really provide?

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
Netz said:
Has anyone tried Linking their Paper application to Online GC key account so that you can get detailed info about your application status.?

I tried alot but could not find the match.? If anyone has done it please let me know how does it work out for you, and what info does it really provide?
Once you submitted through paper application, you will never be able to link online. That is not how it works.