AOR2: 14-11-2014, In Process : 01-07-2015
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
Hi Everyone,

Just needed some advise. We wanted to send some additional supporting documents to the VO just to strengthen our case.
Should we wait for Visa Office to request documents or we can simply mail/fax documents referencing the file number?
Has anyone mailed any documents without being requested? Please advise.

Thanks!!

natodincan

Oct 6, 2014
Thanks!

So when the agent asks how long he will be in Canada does he say "6 months"? or "I don't know"? or "until my PR is granted"? He doesn't want to be presumptuous with his answer but wants to be transparent also. He can't say 3 days and just stay for 6 months, right?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natodincan said:
Thanks!

So when the agent asks how long he will be in Canada does he say "6 months"? or "I don't know"? or "until my PR is granted"? He doesn't want to be presumptuous with his answer but wants to be transparent also. He can't say 3 days and just stay for 6 months, right?
He should say that he is planning to stay for [x number of days]. If his plans change, and he wasn't told that he has to leave by [x date], or is issued a visitor record, he can stay for 6 months.

IMHO, saying "I don't know" or "Until my PR is granted", would not be the best answer.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
rs3710 said:
Hi Everyone,

Just needed some advise. We wanted to send some additional supporting documents to the VO just to strengthen our case.
Should we wait for Visa Office to request documents or we can simply mail/fax documents referencing the file number?
Has anyone mailed any documents without being requested? Please advise.

Thanks!!

My advice would be to keep hold of your evidence until you are requested for more or any .By sending extra documents you can confuse to many people . They scan all the documents at the start of sponsorship and send to the Vo Office.Its no point, trying to make your case stronger but making more work for them at the moment and who knows if it will ever reach the correct person who is dealing with your file . Sit tight .

ROCIO LIVELY

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Good afternoon.
Is the first time my husband and me, we will enter in the process immigration. He is canadian and I from sudamerica. Hard is the distance. But is our first time in this process, maybe like several people, who will be grateful some answer.
We are in the step for fill the forms and the documents and then start the process with the goverment. Please I have questions, I hope someone could to help with their orientation.
1. THE EXAM MEDICAL. How is it? In the forms isn't specified. Is some general check? Or is some thorough...?. How is the doctor have to give this paper?
2. PASSPORT. I have older passport that my husband and me, we traveled other destinations and even, I had visa of wife in other country when we stayed in other place. But this is older, it doesn't my pasport now. Can also, I present this document for show to the goverment as proof genuine of my marriage?
3. When I will have a interview with the embassy from my country?
4. In the forms mention also I have to complete all the full names in english and my native language. Also I need do this about my lenguage spanish? My name is Rocio in spanish... I need write in english? So is will be Dew?
5. Applicant. This means that I am: the wife?
6. English A. I am studying English, very soon I finished the basic, I calculate if I get the visa, in that time I will finish the English advanced. Can I present, in the actually some certificate from my school that I can show I am studying?
7. English B. Who will take my lenguage test assessments? Is the embassy in my country? I don't know anything.

Thank you very much, really and sorry for my English.

Rocio Lively
Peru

Note. If there are some person from Peru or latino america, I really also very happy like my situation or was success in this process.

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
Hi All,
today my wife got an email from CPP- OTTAWA .

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

- A copy of Canada Revenue Agency’s Notice of tax Assessment or “Option C Printout” for your sponsor ********most recent taxation year.
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/ssmnt-eng.html

- Indicate your current mailing address.

Please note:
The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the address indicated below.

Sincerely,

Case Processing Centre - Ottawa

MY Question- Indicate current mail address mean - is it my address or my wife's address?

Thanks inn advance
ram

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
cute said:
MY Question- Indicate current mail address mean - is it my address or my wife's address?
The applicant's address. They are asking where to send the COPR.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
ROCIO LIVELY said:
Good afternoon.
Is the first time my husband and me, we will enter in the process immigration. He is canadian and I from sudamerica. Hard is the distance. But is our first time in this process, maybe like several people, who will be grateful some answer.
We are in the step for fill the forms and the documents and then start the process with the goverment. Please I have questions, I hope someone could to help with their orientation.
1. THE EXAM MEDICAL. How is it? In the forms isn't specified. Is some general check? Or is some thorough...?. How is the doctor have to give this paper?
2. PASSPORT. I have older passport that my husband and me, we traveled other destinations and even, I had visa of wife in other country when we stayed in other place. But this is older, it doesn't my pasport now. Can also, I present this document for show to the goverment as proof genuine of my marriage?
4. In the forms mention also I have to complete all the full names in english and my native language. Also I need do this about my lenguage spanish? My name is Rocio in spanish... I need write in english? So is will be Dew?
6. English A. I am studying English, very soon I finished the basic, I calculate if I get the visa, in that time I will finish the English advanced. Can I present, in the actually some certificate from my school that I can show I am studying?
7. English B. Who will take my lenguage test assessments? Is the embassy in my country? I don't know anything.

Rocio Lively
Peru

Note. If there are some person from Peru or latino america, I really also very happy like my situation or was success in this process.
1. The medical exam checks basic health. Height, weight, chest X-ray, urine sample. Nothing too extensive. The doctor will give a receipt which needs to be sent in the application package. With this receipt the visa officers will be able to access the medical result.
2.yes, you can include these visas and travel entry stamps as proof. I recommend photocopying them for the application.
3. You may or may not have an interview. The visa officer will request an interview if you have lots of red flags or they have more questions for you regarding your application and relationship. If you put forth s thorough and complete application, you stand a better chance of not having to go for an interview.
4. You write your name as Rocio. Don't translate it into English. This requirement is more for people with different alphabet and letters an the English or French alphabet (ex. Mandarin, Arabic, etc...)
5. Yes you are the applicant. Your husband is the sponsor.
6. You can let cic know you are studying English, which will help you get a job when you are a PR, but it is not a requirement for spousal sponsorship. If you want to include this information, go ahead.
7.you don't take any English language assessment for spousal sponsorship.

macelle1023

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
PER: 26- 01-2015
Hello,

Anyone please help clarify. I am applying for FSW with my relationship status as Single. However, I received advice that it will be much difficult to apply for spousal sponsorship when I marry after I get my visa. So my boyfriend and I plan to marry next year. I have submitted my application on October 23 and I am wondering if it is possible to change my relationship status before I receive my visa next year ( I am being positive I am assuming PER next year)? Will I be asked of any changes on my status prior granting of visa? and what happens next if I submit additional/change in my relationship status? How much time do I wait before I receive a visa with my new status? ;D

Many thanks and more power to you.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
ROCIO LIVELY said:
Good afternoon.

Rocio Lively
Peru

1. The medical exam is a standard physical. They do a chest x-ray , blood work , urine test , take your height , weight, they do an eye exam etc ... They are pretty much looking to make sure you do not have any communicable diseases.

2. Yes you can include copies of the pages of older passports if they have stamps showing proof of visiting your husband and vice versa. Explain to them that these copies are from an expired passport in a letter, but I don't see it being a problem. They should understand that passports expire and need to be renewed.

3. The interview is hit or miss. NOT everyone has an interview. It is up to the officer reviewing your application. If they feel you did not provide enough evidence to show that your relationship is genuine they will usually request an interview.

4. You have to write your name down as it is on your passport. If your name is Rocio it needs to be Rocio on the forms. This is more for individuals that have a name written in characters that do not use the regular alphabet that english / spanish / french does etc...

5. YES: Applicant = the person who needs the permanent residency (Usually wife / husband)

6. I don't understand this question. Are you talking about the language test ? Could you explain better? Maybe someone else can help with this one :)

7. The language test assessments are done by specific companies I believe. The information is on the website. I did not have to do it so I don't know but I believe you have to submit the test results with the application. I could be wrong though (I did not have to do this process because I went to school in English (USA))

By the way - I speak Spanish - So if you have any other questions, I can answer them in Spanish also if you wish. Feel free to private message me.

Your English is great! Buena Suerte Rocio!

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Change of Mailing Address Question

Good Day everyone!

We already received SA - My application will be going to Ottawa.

I am heading to Canada for the holidays and to wait for my PR application to be finalized. (My husband lives in Ottawa).

I wanted to change my mailing address in my application so that they can mail my COPR to Ottawa instead of NYC. Will this be too much of a hassle? Would it raise any red flags? Can I change it via email or do I need to submit a written request?

Thanks! :)

march2014

Jun 23, 2014
Pregnant Applicant:

Good Afternoon! I just need some insights about my case.

March 27, 2014 Application received by CIC.
Last August 5, the Canadian Embassy - Manila asked for my Passport.
On August 7 I sent them my passport.
Yesterday Nov.4 I received a request letter for Medical.
I am 10 weeks pregnant as of the moment.
I just want to ask, has any if you completed the medical tests needed while pregnant? I'm afraid to undergo X-ray procedure although chest X-ray is less harmful to my abdomen. I was told by St.Lukes Hospital that they will put my result on hold if I won't be able to complete the tests. They asked me to ask my OB first if it's allowed. I can't reach my OB as of the moment, I'm wondering if any pregnant applicants were allowed to finish all required tests?

Thank you. Any response is highly appreciated.

suratguyforu

Nov 4, 2014
saskatchewan,ca
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
File Transfer...
02-06-2015
Med's Request
remedical Jan/05/2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Hello,

I am new to this forum and while researching on internet about spousal sponsorship, i found this very useful. I have few questions about sponsoring my wife.

I am canadian PR which i got in July 2014. I met my wife on shaadi.com in july '14 itself and we talked for 2 months and i went to India in oct 14 to get engaged and do court marriage so that i can apply for her Pr. she is in delhi rightnow and i got back to canada yesterday and want her pr application to be processed asap.

I have these few queries for now

1)she has her name with her family name/surname on her passport. do we need to apply for her new passport with my name attached to her name before we can apply for pr or her current passport is fine for application?

2) i dont have job rightnow as i went to India after resigning at work because they wouldn't give me leaves. I have my T4 and assessment from last year '13. is it required that i get new job before putting file or i can submit what i have and find job at the same time.?

also is there any other way after applying for pr on which i can call her here sooner? i heard there are dependent visas too but i don't find anything online about it. please advice.

Thanks.

these are the core questions for now. also i would appreciate any other relevant information that is required at initial stage but i don't have idea about and info about any other way like visitor/dependent visa after applying for pr so that she can come quicker.

Thank you very much for all the support.

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
computergeek said:
Submit an ATIP request to CSIS - they are the ones doing the background checks. While not common, there are cases in which CIC loses the results back from CSIS.

Some countries can take quite a long time for background checks, depending upon the diplomatic relations with Canada, staffing and workload. I know of some countries were it can take years.
Computergeek,

Just an update. I did submitted ATIP as suggested, Last week Wednesday, my MP called to informed me that his background checks was completed and the file is awaiting decision to be made about the case.

Thanks for your suggestion.

POLICAP

Oct 3, 2014
Hello, will my future wife have healthcare after we get married? I'm a Canadian citizen and she is a foreigner with a multiple entry visa. The plan is that we marry in Canada while she is on her 6 month visitor stay. Should she get some insurance before she lands? Thank you!