Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
jkaryle said:
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen and I would like to sponsor my Korean wife to come to Canada while I continue to work in another Country (Russia). We also have a daughter together who is a Canadian Citizen. My wife and daughter would stay at my mother's house, who would support them. We also have sufficient financial resources to support ourselves.

Is it possible to sponsor my wife while I live abroad and she lives in Canada?

If that is not possible, could my mother sponsor her?

Any other ideas are appreciated.

(My main concern is that my wife can receive health care while living in Canada.)

Thank you.
In order to sponsor, you have to have the intention of returning to Canada to live with your wife. If you wish to continue living outside Canada, you are not eligible to sponsor. Of course, if your intention is to go to Canada but then something happens and it changes after your wife has become a permanent resident, it's all fine. CIC will insist on you demonstrating your intent to return.

Your mother cannot sponsor her. She could apply on her own in an economic category. You could certainly try an H&C application, but that would take 3-4 years and it isn't clear at all to me that it would be successful (her need for healthcare isn't a typical H&C concern.)

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
Hello,

I am going to apply for my spouse immigration soon most probably in this month. I want to know if the medical is to be submitted with my application or it is to be done when asked by the embassy?
Please reply.

Thanks

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Salar123 said:
Hello,

I am going to apply for my spouse immigration soon most probably in this month. I want to know if the medical is to be submitted with my application or it is to be done when asked by the embassy?
Please reply.

Thanks
anyway u do it is acceptable,when it is done upfront,it saves the time needed to provide upon request by cic and in some way speeds up the processing,but if its not available u can also submit and provide later wen cic ask for it
all the best in ur application

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
jkaryle said:
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen and I would like to sponsor my Korean wife to come to Canada while I continue to work in another Country (Russia). We also have a daughter together who is a Canadian Citizen. My wife and daughter would stay at my mother's house, who would support them. We also have sufficient financial resources to support ourselves.

Is it possible to sponsor my wife while I live abroad and she lives in Canada?

If that is not possible, could my mother sponsor her?
YOU HAVE TO PROVE RELATIONSHIP STRONGLY AND THERE WONT BE PROBLEM PROVIDED YOU INTEND TO RETURN TO CANADA. IF YOUR WIFE 'S IMMIGRATION IS A PRIORITY THEN YOU SHOULD ACTIVELY THINK OF RETURNING AS POLICIES ARE NO MORE IMMIGRATION FRIENDLY IN CANADA.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

(My main concern is that my wife can receive health care while living in Canada.)

Thank you.

Mani Malar

Jun 9, 2014
Hi Maam/Sir
Goo day! I'm Malaysian Citizen. Im planing to get marry Canada citizenship this year . I'm little confused with some information. Is there any possibilities for me to continually stay in Canada after legally married until i get my PR. What will be the procedures? How long its takes to complete to get the PR. Also i need to know can i work while im waiting for my PR to get it done successfully. Please advise so that i can go to right way to put this application.
Many Thanks

KT86

Jun 9, 2014
patiala
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M & NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2013
AOR Received.
AOR2 : 01-04-2014
File Transfer...
05-02-2014
Med's Done....
11-12-2013
Interview........
IP :06-08-2014 DM : 02-11-2014
Passport Req..
30-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
hello friends . My wife is a canadian citizen & couriered my application on 23rd Dec 2013.
Applied To CIC-M : 23rd dec 2013
Rcvd at CIC-M : 30th dec 2013
App. reviewed : 30th Jan 2014
Sponsor approval : 05th feb 2014 (No notification from CIC-M via email /Letter , which they were suppose to) File tranfserred to NDVO
Letter of NDVO(Email) : 1st April 2014 requesting for PCC & fee's (Although the letterhead stated 8th MArch 2014 , Rcvd my App. no.)
I submitted PCC from India in december 2013 , since i am in merchant navy i had to apply for PCC from england & singapore . I submitted all the docs to NDVO by 20th may 2014 . My ecas status shows Application received on 30th december 2013 & medicals received .
Its not very convincing , can someone please tell me how long should i expect till they ask for my Passport & is the ecas status of any concern. Thank you & wish a speedy process for all the applicants.

rs3710

Star Member
May 22, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 16-09-2014 , SA : 30-10-2014
File Transfer...
AOR2: 14-11-2014, In Process : 01-07-2015
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
We are planning to apply for outland application. My spouse is canadian citizen and I am currently residing in USA on H1B work visa.
I plan to get medical and Police verification done and mail appliactions in July. My question is , I am moving back to India in December 2014. I am an Indian citizen.
-Can I still submit application to USA consulate and later request for interview in India as I might not be allowed to re-enter USA as I m leaving my job but I do not want to wait till Dec to file my applicationfrom India.
- Can I use all USA documents(medical and Police verification etc) and mail my application to Indian Consulate ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
rs3710 said:
We are planning to apply for outland application. My spouse is canadian citizen and I am currently residing in USA on H1B work visa.
I plan to get medical and Police verification done and mail appliactions in July. My question is , I am moving back to India in December 2014. I am an Indian citizen.
-Can I still submit application to USA consulate and later request for interview in India as I might not be allowed to re-enter USA as I m leaving my job but I do not want to wait till Dec to file my applicationfrom India.
- Can I use all USA documents(medical and Police verification etc) and mail my application to Indian Consulate ?
You can use clearance and medical from the US but you will also need clearance from any other country where you have resided for 6 months or more, since you were 18. You can nominate India as your visa office, but CIC have the right to overrule your choice. You send your application forms to CPC-M in Canada, not to a consulate. All the information that you require is found here -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
Hi

I am a canadian citizen.
my boyfriend is in france and he is applying for an immirgrant visa.
Can i marry him and sponsor him to canada?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Riri said:
Hi

I am a canadian citizen.
my boyfriend is in france and he is applying for an immirgrant visa.
Can i marry him and sponsor him to canada?
Normally, yes, but since you've indicated that your boyfriend has a failed refugee claim in France, has been there since 2006, and now has to go back to his home country of Sri lanka...I don't know how that would impact your plan.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rs3710 said:
As long as you have been lawfully admitted for 1 year or longer, you may do so. Note that if you know you will be in India in 7 months, it would make more sense to request processing through NDVO.

rs3710 said:
No. All sponsored spouse/partner applications must be submitted to CPC-M. If you send it to the visa office directly, they will return it to you, unprocessed.

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hi All,
Parents of principal applicant not able to attend the wedding taking place in Canada,due to financial constraint,can that pose any red flag on inland application?
Thanks All

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
Ponga said:
Normally, yes, but since you've indicated that your boyfriend has a failed refugee claim in France, has been there since 2006, and now has to go back to his home country of Sri lanka...I don't know how that would impact your plan.

yes, Hes trying to get a work permit. They wouldnt give him a refugee claim but he gets a visa stamped on his passport to work and live in france. Hes in the process of getting the visa. Not 100% sure yet. I just wondering if he can he be sponsored to canada?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Riri said:
yes, Hes trying to get a work permit. They wouldnt give him a refugee claim but he gets a visa stamped on his passport to work and live in france. Hes in the process of getting the visa. Not 100% sure yet. I just wondering if he can he be sponsored to canada?
While it depends upon the specifics of his case, having a failed refugee claim in another country would not be a bar to sponsoring him.

It will lead a visa officer to question the legitimacy of the relationship, so make sure you can clearly document that the relationship is genuine and not a marriage of convenience.