+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

CanaSask

Mar 18, 2014
Hello,

I was recently approved for sponsoring my wife, but received an email asking for an upfront medical report for her dependant son even though he is not accompanying. Her son is 18 and she was divorced and does not have custody of her son. Technically, her son should not even be considered a dependant. Also, she has no contact with her ex-husband and has no idea where her son lives or how to contact either of them.
Can I just submit a letter explaining this? It will be impossible to track him down and try to convince him to get a medical when he was never a part of his life.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Krinaaa

Jun 19, 2013
Hello everybody my husband just got approved to sponsor me today my application it's been received on July 11 2013,, after he ceived the email today I got another one asking me for my police certificate and this .....
You did not provide sufficient evidence that you are in genuine relationship. Please, provide details of your relationship with your spouse and how it developed. Proof of a genuine relationship may include details of combined financial obligations, social, physical and emotional aspects of the applicants. Include any details that are relevant to establish that you have a genuine relationship. Please do not send any electronic media items, such as CDs, DVDs, or VHS tapes.
What can I send I did wrong I over stay my visa so all or marriege is like I didn't exist here so I don't have much evidence financially I did send tons of pictures, bank joined account statements of 9 month but I don't have nothing else any ideas :/ it says that if I don't send it in 2 months my process of the pr will be refused :(

Thank you thank you for e replies

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Krinaaa said:
Hello everybody my husband just got approved to sponsor me today my application it's been received on July 11 2013,, after he ceived the email today I got another one asking me for my police certificate and this .....
You did not provide sufficient evidence that you are in genuine relationship. Please, provide details of your relationship with your spouse and how it developed. Proof of a genuine relationship may include details of combined financial obligations, social, physical and emotional aspects of the applicants. Include any details that are relevant to establish that you have a genuine relationship. Please do not send any electronic media items, such as CDs, DVDs, or VHS tapes.
What can I send I did wrong I over stay my visa so all or marriege is like I didn't exist here so I don't have much evidence financially I did send tons of pictures, bank joined account statements of 9 month but I don't have nothing else any ideas :/ it says that if I don't send it in 2 months my process of the pr will be refused :(

if you did wedding,then get all your wedding pictures intact,marriage certificate,letters from family and friends,proof of communication such as facebook,watsap,yahoo chat,skype and anything u can think of,and if u have joint properties like land,also send your flight tickets and the pasport and have a letter written explaining to cic why you overstayed in your previous visit,i guess i have said enough,all the best

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
CanaSask said:
Hello,

I was recently approved for sponsoring my wife, but received an email asking for an upfront medical report for her dependant son even though he is not accompanying. Her son is 18 and she was divorced and does not have custody of her son. Technically, her son should not even be considered a dependant. Also, she has no contact with her ex-husband and has no idea where her son lives or how to contact either of them.
Can I just submit a letter explaining this? It will be impossible to track him down and try to convince him to get a medical when he was never a part of his life.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

have a letter written to cic explaining to them that you can not trace the guy as u think he might have relocated,and let your wife writes a letter explaining who takes costody and full responsibility of the child

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
wo403 said:
I have some questions about the emails I got from CIC.

Background: My wife is sponsoring me via Outland application, we filled out all the forms, missing nothing out and sent it on them sometime in March. CIC got our application on the 1st of April, sent her an acknowledgement via email on the 16th of May.

First email I got from CIC was to submit Schedule A with all the supporting documents, which gave me a mini-heart attack since I've already submitted it. Minutes later I get another email from them saying that they would like to recall the email.

Now I think the matter should die with that, since they could have sent the request out by mistake and recalled it, fair enough, mistakes happen.

But then I noticed something that made me feel a little uneasy.

The UCI numbers sent to my wife in her confirmation email and mine in this email were different, is that normal to have different UCI?

And even though our application number were identical, it said "INLAND SCLP" next to it. Like I said, we've applied outland, so I don't know if we should be concerned. Plus, what is SCLP? My guess is "Spouse or common-law Partner"?

Thanks guys!
primarily,it must have been clear that the message was wrong sent,no wonder they recalled it,so i guess u dnt worry about the components of the message as its not meant for u

mari.ium

Dec 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB CIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 march 2013
Doc's Request.
not yet
File Transfer...
4 april 2013
Med's Request
17 march 2014
Med's Done....
26th March 2014
Interview........
not really
Passport Req..
25-April-2014 CHC-ISL
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah
Help me plz
my hubby from islamabad cic recieved a call last month to send his paspport to cic islamabad witb a phep form.
after a week he received a call asking him to ask his sponsor(me) to pay rprf. We did that in march, but that was bot accepted as it wasnt paid in canada. So i paid it again here.. After that, since the call to repay the rprf, we have heard nothing frm thm. N now i m getting anxious.. Any suggestions or anything.. Ecase still says its in process.. N my file is still in ISB, it HASNOt shifted to london...

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Krinaaa said:

Did you provide a timeline of your relationship? How you both met? How it progressed? Letters from family/friends. Include any important functions/events/dates you both went to. On back of photos, include detailed description, who, where, why, when. also note who took photo. The more pics with family the better. A section can be devoted solely to your marriage...the planning, costs, photos, honeymoon, travel docs and boarding passes of those who attended etc. You have to put yourself in their shoes, leave no doubt your relationship is genuine. Everything you write or any documents you send, provide actual proof to your statements. Example: We met through a friend. Provide as much proof as you can backing your statement.

wissamrar

May 29, 2014
Dear Friends

My wife is Canadian and she sent application for sponsorship under (Spouse, common‑law partner or dependent child outside Canada) on August 3, 2012. she chose Jordan-Amman for Visa office (processing time 23 months as shown on page), after 2 months we got massage says she is eligible to sponsor me , on February 30, 2014 we got massage says (we need to apply to visa office 1- Police certificate ,2- new medical exams, 3-pay fee for PR card 490 CAD) and she did on March 23 2014, now any idea when may i get the Visa? coz when i check application status online it says:

Applicant Permanent Residence Application Status
My Name In Process

and when i click on In Process i get :-
1-We received your application for permanent residence on August 3, 2012.

2-We started processing your application on February 26, 2014.

3-Medical results have been received.

Thanks

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Ghanaboy said:
primarily,it must have been clear that the message was wrong sent,no wonder they recalled it,so i guess u dnt worry about the components of the message as its not meant for u
Hello Ghanaboy,

That would make sense, indeed. I did send an email asking them to explain the content of the email, because I do want to be sure that at least the application is in the right category.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
wo403 said:
I have some questions about the emails I got from CIC.

The UCI numbers sent to my wife in her confirmation email and mine in this email were different, is that normal to have different UCI?
Yes, this is perfectly ok. The sponsor and applicant will have their own UCI #. UCI means Unique Client Identifier. No two can be the same, just like people.

wo403 said:
And even though our application number were identical, it said "INLAND SCLP" next to it. Like I said, we've applied outland, so I don't know if we should be concerned. Plus, what is SCLP? My guess is "Spouse or common-law Partner"?

Thanks guys!
not sure what those letter means. best not to assume anything at this point.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
wissamrar said:
Dear Friends

My wife is Canadian and she sent application for sponsorship under (Spouse, common‑law partner or dependent child outside Canada) on August 3, 2012. she chose Jordan-Amman for Visa office (processing time 23 months as shown on page), after 2 months we got massage says she is eligible to sponsor me , on February 30, 2014 we got massage says (we need to apply to visa office 1- Police certificate ,2- new medical exams, 3-pay fee for PR card 490 CAD) and she did on March 23 2014, now any idea when may i get the Visa? coz when i check application status online it says:

Applicant Permanent Residence Application Status
My Name In Process

and when i click on In Process i get :-
1-We received your application for permanent residence on August 3, 2012.

2-We started processing your application on February 26, 2014.

3-Medical results have been received.

Thanks

to the best of my knowledge,once right for permenent residency si requested with police report and medicals,its a step in right direction,u have nothing to lose my friend,just keep finger crossed,ur next request will be passport for visa,its a short distance from now

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
Yes, this is perfectly ok. The sponsor and applicant will have their own UCI #. UCI means Unique Client Identifier. No two can be the same, just like people.

not sure what those letter means. best not to assume anything at this point.
For some reason I had presumed that my wife and I would be sharing a UCI number, it seems silly now that you've made it clear.

Thanks for letting me know what it means!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
wo403 said:
For some reason I had presumed that my wife and I would be sharing a UCI number, it seems silly now that you've made it clear.

Thanks for letting me know what it means!
the file number will be the same for sponsor and applicant.

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
Hello everyone,

I need some advice regarding my spouse sponsorship visa. My wife is Canadian and we got married in Aug 2013.
we lived here in Pak till May 2014 together and now she is in Canada. I haven't applied for spouse visa yet.
But I applied Canadian Study Permit in March 2014 and got the refusal.
I applied the student visa keeping in mind the long processing time of spousal sponsorship but now that I have got the rejection what should be my next move. I mean is there some way out other than spousal visa or I should go for Spousal visa now.

Regards