28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ghanaboy said:
what exactly is ur case? international student visa or what? as scylla said,am sure u are missen but cant really tell
His wife is here on a study permit and he is trying to apply for an open work permit. So he needs to post his questions to the International Student section of the forum.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
yukonjames said:
how much proof needs to be sent? I have 6 months of Skype chat, we got married a month ago in dumaguete but I have known my wife for about a year and a half and have visited there 6 times in the 18months.I have many pics and ofcoure plane tickets etc...
just sending my sponsorship paper work in next week
thanks

James

pelipeli said:
Hi evryone! ;D
Ok, so we are finally finished with our application package. After months of compiling, laying out, filling out, printing, organizing, labelling, stressing, we are ready to send this baby.
I just thought I would share how I organized our application to help those who are just starting out (like me, a few months ago).

I will also provide a comprehensive summary of all the “tips” I learned from this forum during all these months of reading thru the posts and asking my questions.I know how it feels like to be a newbie in this process, and I really appreciate all those who have answered my queries. I could never have done this without this forum. So here I am, paying it forward. I hope this will help a lot. =)

First, the application package ready for mailing. I put everything in a long expanding envelope which will be put in a box at the courier's (from what I have read). I guess I'll know after I have mailed this baby =)

Inside the expanding envelope are:
a. The document checklist
b. Cover sheet – which just basically says:
APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE
FAMILY CLASS – SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP
Sponsor:
ABCDEF GHIJK – client ID XXXX-XXXX
Sponsored Spouse:
LMNOP QRSTUV
Please find herewith the following application forms and documents organized as follows:
Envelope 1- Sponsor forms and supporting documents
Envelope 2- Sponsored person's forms and supporting documents
Envelope 3- Proof of genuine relationship

c. The 3 envelopes stated above

Here is how the three envelopes were labeled:

Inside the envelopes:
ENVELOPE 1: Sponsor forms and supporting documents (33 pages)

Contains:
1. A table of contents enumerating all the forms and documents included with number of pages
2. All the required sponsor forms and documents (plus additional sheets for more relationship details)
What I did:
a. Each form with more than 1 page is paperclipped.
b. I used those red post-it tabs at the side (which do not leave a mark when removed) to label each form and document

ENVELOPE 2: Sponsored spouse form and supporting documents (97 pages*)

Contains:
1. A table of contents enumerating all the forms and documents included with number of pages
2. All the required sponsored spouse forms and documents (plus additional sheets for more relationship details)
3. *This set reached 96 pages because of the additional pages on the sponsored persons questionnaire where we included documentary evidences for :
a. Q#9 – Developemt of relationship (trips, dates, etc)
b. Q#15 – Wedding ceremony (photos)
c. Q#18 – Wedding reception (photos)
-could have been more if only we had a honeymoon =(
What I did:
a. Each form with more than 1 page is paperclipped or binder clipped depending on thickness
b. I used those red post-it tabs at the side (which do not leave a mark when removed) to label each form and document
c. As you can see, I put the pages with barcodes at the top of the set (as instructed in the guide).
d. I also included here Appendix A-Checklist specific for Philippines. This should have been on top but since there is an instruction to put the barcodes on top, I put the checklist after all the forms instead (before the supporting documents)
e. Any additonal sheet we attached, we put the name of sponsored person, date of birth, name of form, question number and the question being answered
f. I don't know if it is required but any additional sheets we attached, we signed (per set, not per page)

ENVELOPE 3: Proof of relationship (313 pages)

Contains:
1. A main table of contents summarizing how i divided the documents and number of pages
2. 3 main sections:
a. Photos
b. Communication
c. Other Documents

What I did:
a. For each of the three sections, a cover sheet is provided summarizing the contents. See below for more details
b. All documents were scanned. (except for the actual wedding invite we provided) I used Microsoft Publisher to layout all the photos, letters, cards, etc.
c. I used those red post-it tabs at the side (which do not leave a mark when removed) to label each main section and sub sections as indicated on the cover sheets
d. Binder clips were used to divide the three main sections

What is included:
a. Photos :
This is what is stated on the cover sheet:

The following photos show our relationship through the years from the year that we met in 2006 until our latest photos in 2012. The photos are arranged in chronological order, and captioned accordingly for the people in the photo, event or ocassion, date and place taken, and person/s who took the photo. To give a bird's eyeview of the entire photo set, here is our relationship timeline as depicted in the photos:

2006- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2007-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2008-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2009-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2010-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2011-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2012-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I also explained that:
• I used Microsoft Publisher to lay out several photos on one sheet instead of printing on photo paper, that this is more economical and organized.
• that captions and narrations are done in third person point of view since it gets rather confusing when using first person pronouns since my husband and I both did the captions.

Tip: We included photos that really depicted the development of our relationship. We included photos of not just us, but us with family member s and friends, highlghting special ocassions, showing activities we enjoy doing. We also made it a point to show “passage of time”. Like changes in weight, hairstyle, and also photos of us with nephews and our dog from the time they are little up to present, and we included a note at the earliest photo with them, indicating or referenicing that earliest photo to the page numbers where we have photos with them as they grow older.
Total photos included: (i will still be counting -lol ;D ) Total pages: 77 pages

b. Communication
In the coversheet, I explained the following:
• normal forms of communications we have
• the lack of various evidences (like chat logs, phone bills)
• That scanned copies were sent and not originals, for sentimental value. But if they deem it necessary to still see originals then we will provide them at a later date upon request
• That envelpes are not postmarked since all were hand delivered
• That we often converse in our native language and thus some are not in English. However, we have provided English translations which were done by us to the best of our abilities (since these are non-official forms and documents). However, should they require official or certified translations , we will provide them at a later date upon request
• That we sometimes use pet names or nicknames in the letters and gave examples and meanings of these pet names (the VO may get confused as to whom the addressees on the letters are)

Tips: Whenever there are sentences not in English, we highlighted them and provided an English translation below the scanned letter or card, and indicated “translated by: xxxxxx”

For emails, what we did is print all emails as they are , with the conversations highlighted in color, then copy pasted the entire thing on Word, then replaced the highlighted conversations with English translations if necessary. If already in English, we just left it as is, then priinted this as well. So now we have two sets of emails, one is as is, one is with translations. And if you compare the pages of the two sets side by side , they correspond as to the formatting, spacing, and paging so that the VO will be able to compare the untraslated stuff vs the translated stuff better.

Total pages: 108 pages

c. Others Documents:

Under this, we included evrything else we can think of:
Movie Tickets- Shows almost all of our cinema tickets for the movies we saw together since 2007 up to 2011

Trips - Shows plane tickets, boarding passes, and various receipts for two major trips we took

Joint bank accounts - Shows scanned copies of bank certificates, passbook and ATM cards of our joint accounts

Wedding contracts and receipts - Shows copies of contracts and receipts from suppliers for our wedding such as videographers, reception hall, wedding coordinator, and others

Pre-marriage requirements- Shows copies of documents that we obtained as pre-marriage requirements such as municipal seminars and license, proof of marriage eligibility from our Church, and others

Wedding greetings-Shows scanned copies of wedding greetings from guests and relatives which were written on gift cards

Wedding guestbook and signature frame-Contains scanned pages of our wedding guestbook showing signatures of our wedding guests, and a photo of our signature frame, which is a framed photo/portrait on which guests wrote down their greetings.

Invitations to family occasions-Shows some of our saved copies of invitations (printed or posted in Facebook) for occasions such as birthdays, christening or weddings in which we were invited.

Relationship Keepsakes- Shows some of our treasured keepsakes to remember our journey together like gifts / flowers given, dinner date mementos, and others

Facebook Printouts - Shows our interactions on FB, where it can be seen that our relationship is known to the world, especially to our friends and families who also interact with us on posts, photos and statuses. It shows our interactions since 2009 when we started using Facebook. (we used the “show relationship” tool in FB for this) Also included here are screen prints showing that my hubby is a “group member” of my clan groups. Also included are screen prints of wedding greetings from our FB friends. (Sadly, before 2009, we used friendster and we haven't been able to retrieve our data from there before it shut down. We explained this fact)

Wedding Invitation - Actual copy of our wedding invitation

Total pages: 127 pages

Whew, sounds like a lot of work right? But however stressful it was, we had fun doing it, it was sort of making a scrapbook of all our relationship stuff. So here is the application in all:

Total pages: 446
Thickness: 3-4 inches
Weight: estimated at 3 kgs. (Exact weight to be determined upon mailing)

rs3710

Star Member
May 22, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 16-09-2014 , SA : 30-10-2014
File Transfer...
AOR2: 14-11-2014, In Process : 01-07-2015
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
Is marriage certificate enough as proof of relationship for Outland Spouse Visa application? We plan to get marriage certificate from NYC in July and submit application. Our wedding is planned for January but we have no printed invitations for now. We do have emails and photos together and trips ticket he made to visit me. Will this be enough ?

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
rs3710 said:
Is marriage certificate enough as proof of relationship for Outland Spouse Visa application? We plan to get marriage certificate from NYC in July and submit application. Our wedding is planned for January but we have no printed invitations for now. We do have emails and photos together and trips ticket he made to visit me. Will this be enough ?
which of the januaries,and have u gotten married or yet to

rs3710

Star Member
May 22, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
Ghanaboy said:
which of the januaries,and have u gotten married or yet to
January 2015 our wedding is planned. Date is not yet finalized.We are just planning to get marriage certificate from NY in July 2014 so that we can file application.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
rs3710 said:
January 2015 our wedding is planned. Date is not yet finalized.We are just planning to get marriage certificate from NY in July 2014 so that we can file application.
how do u get marriage certificate without being married? u dnt provide wat u dnt have,just gather all ur proofs,and get married,before u can get the certificate u will be made to swear some oaths and other stuffs and that shows u married so wat 2015 again,well maybe only celebration,but mind u that cic is particular about ur marriage setting and attendees

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Maybe they meant "marriage licence" not "marriage certificate". If so, I don't think that a "marriage licence" is any use in an application. On the other hand, maybe they don't mean "wedding" in January but some other form of ceremony. You can only have one actual wedding.

rs3710

Star Member
May 22, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
Ghanaboy said:
how do u get marriage certificate without being married? u dnt provide wat u dnt have,just gather all ur proofs,and get married,before u can get the certificate u will be made to swear some oaths and other stuffs and that shows u married so wat 2015 again,well maybe only celebration,but mind u that cic is particular about ur marriage setting and attendees
I heard i can get a marriage license and get a marriage certificate from USA and apply using it for spousal application. I am living in USA but an Indian citizen and he is\a Canadian citizen. My family is in India so we have marriage planned in January 2015 in India. We thought we can file application in Aug and not wait till January to apply in USA for outland application. Can we do this ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You can get married in the USA and then apply using that marriage certificate. As far as CIC is concerned, THAT is your wedding. It doesn't matter what you do in India for cultural reasons, as CIC will not consider it relevant.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
rs3710 said:
I heard i can get a marriage license and get a marriage certificate from USA and apply using it for spousal application. I am living in USA but an Indian citizen and he is\a Canadian citizen. My family is in India so we have marriage planned in January 2015 in India. We thought we can file application in Aug and not wait till January to apply in USA for outland application. Can we do this ?
How long have you been dating? The shorter the relationship, the more CIC will be suspicious of a courtroom civic wedding with no friends or family in attendance. The cultural norm for Indian citizens is to have a big wedding with tons of family involved, so giving your PR application without yet doing this could cause problems. It really depends on the visa officer that will review your file and what other proofs of relationship you are providing.

Ria01

May 23, 2014
Hey guys can someone help me please
NDVO requested my RPRF on march 28, 2014 and it was paid and received same day does anyone know how long does it take for them to request passport I am going creazy please help

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Can any one comment on my status
I am putting the inland application for the spouse. Please advice me about the supporting documents i need for application.
My concern is how i fill out OWP application because it need employment ID and No. et etc in application.Some just to leave it vacant
Secondally what are the supporting documents people will add to show genuine relationship.
Currently i have joint bank account, lease agreement, letter from doctor for pregnancy, how much financial bank statement i
required, as i am currently student.I have snap for weeding and some trip picture to Toronto, Please let me know any thing that support my application to show its genuineness.
Any suggestion highly appreciated

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
amjad3126 said:
Can any one comment on my status
I am putting the inland application for the spouse. Please advice me about the supporting documents i need for application.
My concern is how i fill out OWP application because it need employment ID and No. et etc in application.Some just to leave it vacant
Secondally what are the supporting documents people will add to show genuine relationship.
Currently i have joint bank account, lease agreement, letter from doctor for pregnancy, how much financial bank statement i
required, as i am currently student.I have snap for weeding and some trip picture to Toronto, Please let me know any thing that support my application to show its genuineness.
Any suggestion highly appreciated
Just gather ur means of communication,fone bills,yahoo messages,Facebook chats,watsap,skype,letters,emails,and also anything that shows ur relationship prior to ur marriage,trips held together,enough fotos ,good u are pregnant for him,and ur taxes filed together if any,Infact do not leave any stone unturned as cic is not gona assume for u,all the best in ur effort

michaella1964

Nov 16, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
AIP 21-01-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Krinaaa said:
Hello everybody my husband just got approved to sponsor me today my application it's been received on July 11 2013,, after he ceived the email today I got another one asking me for my police certificate and this .....
You did not provide sufficient evidence that you are in genuine relationship. Please, provide details of your relationship with your spouse and how it developed. Proof of a genuine relationship may include details of combined financial obligations, social, physical and emotional aspects of the applicants. Include any details that are relevant to establish that you have a genuine relationship. Please do not send any electronic media items, such as CDs, DVDs, or VHS tapes.
What can I send I did wrong I over stay my visa so all or marriege is like I didn't exist here so I don't have much evidence financially I did send tons of pictures, bank joined account statements of 9 month but I don't have nothing else any ideas :/ it says that if I don't send it in 2 months my process of the pr will be refused :(

Thank you thank you for e replies
hi sometimes al you have to do is tell them your love story were you met how the courtship was,how you meet his family friends same for yours,the story of how he proposed,your wedding day anything to really show that you and him are together in a real love realationship I just told my story like it is no chats no lelephone cus we live together so its just the way we are and ther eisnt anything they questioned we just told the truth if you send them to much its a flag,and if you send all but nothing that shows your sory is real that's a flag just be yourself and tell you love atory that's it

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Thanks michaella1964 for your reply. Actually we have not enough data before marriage, As due to culture difference we have less evidence of chat etc etc. But some evidence of phone and email. But relationship is genuine as we are living together after marriage and all ceremony carried out as per Canadian marriage guide line. As i am student so we have not big function for marriage but very simple in a mosque. Its very simple, i will tell them how it took place. Is that work any recommendation highly appreciated. Is any benefit is she was pregnant.