FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-03-2024
AOR Received.
29-05-2024
Hello everyone,

I haven't gotten AOR yet. But today I got an email from IRCC for requesting additional documents.
My question is, on that email, there's application nine numbers start with "XF".
Is it my application number?? or I will get AOR with application number after I submitted additional documents ???

The XF is meaning it is a temporary file number, due to needing the additional documents. Until you send in those documents and they process them, you will not receive AOR. Once they process them and everything else is good, then you should receive your AOR, but be advised that some people have never received the AOR and their application continued. Also, if you aren't aware, the AOR goes to the sponsors email, and not the PR's email.

5AM13

Sep 10, 2023
Hi everyone. I'm sponsoring my wife from the Netherlands (she us a Dutch citizen) and the application status is showing closed with all steps completed. There is even a document number next to the COPR section. We have been waiting well over a month for her to receive the COPR doc and she had already bought tickets to fly here on July 18. Do you know how long it takes to receive COPR? Since my wife doesn't need a visa to travel here, can she come without the COPR if it doesn't arrive on time?

Aurora9

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
XF is traditionally a temporary number, they will drop the X and the rest will be application number.

I haven't heard them doing it this way before but there's a sort of logic, if you don't submit, they can return it (without refusing).
Thank you for your answer.
Then I will be the end of the que for processing? I mean my application will be submitted by the date I submitted additional documents?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone. I'm sponsoring my wife from the Netherlands (she us a Dutch citizen) and the application status is showing closed with all steps completed. There is even a document number next to the COPR section. We have been waiting well over a month for her to receive the COPR doc and she had already bought tickets to fly here on July 18. Do you know how long it takes to receive COPR? Since my wife doesn't need a visa to travel here, can she come without the COPR if it doesn't arrive on time?
No one can tell you how long it will take, but in most places if you get the passport request, it'll take a couple weeks at least. So if she has not received yet, it sounds very tight indeed, timeline wise.

Yes, she can travel without it as long as she has an ETA. She can then do the inland/virtual landing procedure.

BUT: I warn that timing for these changes to a virtual landing seems VERY uncertain; if she's counting on becoming a PR in order to be able to work in the near term, it may be preferable to do the passport submission/COPR route (because flying in with a COPR, you become a PR right away).

Up to you. Mind, as a dutch citizen, and since flights are not that expensive, she could wait until she gets the passport request and then just fly back. (Although of course last minute flights can be expensive)

Good luck.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your answer.
Then I will be the end of the que for processing? I mean my application will be submitted by the date I submitted additional documents?
If accepted, it'll be in the queue. As of which date, I don't know, whichever day it gets accepted, I guess.

Reactions: Aurora9

naskaq

Jul 7, 2024
Hi everyone.
Outland family class sponsorship . VO Warsaw .
submitted February 11th 2024
AOR March 2d 2024
SA March 2024
Medical passed April 26th 2024
Biometrics June 7th 2024
Background/ eligibility- in process

Anyone here also VO Warsaw? Please share your timeline. Much appreciated

Bee Jay

Dec 11, 2016
Hello,
Please I am confused I ordered gcms notes. It says security screening in progress ( A34 comprehensive screening) anyone have an idea background check not applicated on gckey

Seemab Khan

Jul 8, 2024
Need a quick guidance on this matter.

I'm in the situation where Union council has messed up the dates in my computerized divorce certificate now I want to know that what supporting documents should I must attached as I have received my PFL email to meet requirements of IRCC. And also guide how to write narrative explanation.
REQUIREMENTS RECEIVED VIA EMAIL
> Detailed written narrative explaining your previous relationship with your ex husband including how the relationship broke down, the steps taken to formalise your divorce, and a timeline of events.

> Copies of the notices of Talaq, Union council notices of conciliation/divorce and any other evidence of your divorce proceedings issued by the civil authorities in Pakistan at the time of your divorce.

aloshalaa1992

May 16, 2019
Hi guys, I need your help here.

I'm a Canadian citizen. Last May I got married in the US to my US-citizen wife, and I've had multiple calls with IRCC and CBSA to explain my situation. Few calls later which one of them was 3 hours long, I got a confirmation that I wouldn't need a sponsorship application to get her into the country on temporary residence until we get the application in the works.

When we were at the Canadian-US boarders, the situation was different. The CBSA agent was extremely rude and he wanted to send my wife back to the US. I refused to let her go and put her back, and we spent 3 hours being interrogated and shouted at basically.

At the end, the officer gave her 2 months temporary residence for us to start the sponsorship process. However, the catch was that we need to leave Canada and enter before the 2 months and show the agent at the boarders that we filed the application and paid the fees. And the new agent will determine if she will enter Canada on another temporary residence or will be sent back to the US.

Besides the fact that this is humiliating to a Canadian citizen trying to bring his wife to the country, I've only followed the advice I was given by phone by IRCC and CBSA. The officer said this is the worse advice I've ever given.

Is there anything I can do about this? I know thay we should be working on the sponsorship application now, and that we have to leave and enter the country again through a boarder. What should I do? I feel stuck.

UDON55fai

Feb 12, 2021
Still waiting for the IRCC to make a decision on our file. Apparently the only outstanding item is a security check for my wife; now why it takes months to do this I have no idea. My MP's office checked on my behalf as well and sent a note to me.

As an aside, my wife needed to update her passport as it expires in Dec. Less than a week to get it renewed in Vancouver (Thai).

Anyone know if you can launch a law suit against the Feds for their incompetence, not referring to Mandamus here.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Still waiting for the IRCC to make a decision on our file. Apparently the only outstanding item is a security check for my wife; now why it takes months to do this I have no idea. My MP's office checked on my behalf as well and sent a note to me.

As an aside, my wife needed to update her passport as it expires in Dec. Less than a week to get it renewed in Vancouver (Thai).

Anyone know if you can launch a law suit against the Feds for their incompetence, not referring to Mandamus here.
You can try and you would want to speak to a lawyer about that. However I'm honestly not sure it's worth your while. The courts don't award large penalties or settlements in these situations. It will cost you more in lawyer fees than you get back (assuming you win). If you want to do it based on principle and don't care if you end up in the hole by a few thousand, then I would say go ahead. If you're looking to come out on top finanically, then I would suggest not pursuing. But obviously a personal decision and best to consult with a lawyer. Sorry it's been a crappy experience.

UDON55fai

Feb 12, 2021
You can try and you would want to speak to a lawyer about that. However I'm honestly not sure it's worth your while. The courts don't award large penalties or settlements in these situations. It will cost you more in lawyer fees than you get back (assuming you win). If you want to do it based on principle and don't care if you end up in the hole by a few thousand, then I would say go ahead. If you're looking to come out on top finanically, then I would suggest not pursuing. But obviously a personal decision and best to consult with a lawyer. Sorry it's been a crappy experience.
Thanks for the reply.
I find it inexcusable that someone who submitted their application by mail early Aug. 2002 (online Oct. 2022) still has not received a final decision on their application. Wonder how long these folks would last in the private sector.

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
Thanks for the reply.
I find it inexcusable that someone who submitted their application by mail early Aug. 2002 (online Oct. 2022) still has not received a final decision on their application. Wonder how long these folks would last in the private sector.
That's unusually too long, unless you're living in Quebec. If I were you, I'd try to get answers from IRCC themselves. I read that you ordered GCMS notes too and nothing seems wrong with that you've read through the notes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the reply.
A while back someone I hired from the public sector decided to return to the public sector because she "couldn't handle the pace". I'm private sector. We were in a slow period.

I would personally lose my mind working in government.

Reactions: UDON55fai

UDON55fai

Feb 12, 2021
I just called the 1-888-242-2100 IRCC number, what a totally useless task that was. After a few minutes finally press "0" to speak with an agent and they can't even transfer my call due to call volumes. Remains to be seen if I try this early tomorrow morning 5AM my time.

My MP's office has been going to bat for me that last few months and its the same song and dance routine for them; still waiting for one security validation is the same message day after day, week after week, month after month. Total garbage response from the IRCC.