N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
ccgirl39 said:
no....My agent asked my employer 6 thosusand just to process my papers...but nothing happened...but i just prayed that everything will be ok now. I dont have ill feelings for him...
$6000 to process a work visa extension? Now that is a crime.

godprovides

Jan 16, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Oct 2012
AOR Received.
25th Oct 2012
File Transfer...
25th Oct 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Passport Req..
submitted 25th Nov 2012
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum for spouse visa application. My wife is in India and we have submitted passport on 25th November 2012 and since then we are still waiting, any idea how much time CHC takes to stamp and send the passport back? this is getting so frustrating that they haven`t even acknowledged if they received the passport or not but thankfully to the courier service, we know it was delivered safely. Anyone who sent passport around Nov and still waiting?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
godprovides said:
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum for spouse visa application. My wife is in India and we have submitted passport on 25th November 2012 and since then we are still waiting, any idea how much time CHC takes to stamp and send the passport back? this is getting so frustrating that they haven`t even acknowledged if they received the passport or not but thankfully to the courier service, we know it was delivered safely. Anyone who sent passport around Nov and still waiting?
NDVO asks for the passport up front. So it can be 4+ months before you hear back from them. Best to ask in one of the NDVO dedicated threads.

reznik

Aug 30, 2012
cempjwi said:
3) Citizens of Argentina require a visa to enter Canada. If your spouce applies for a tourist visa (TRV) there is a chance that she may be denied because she is married to a Canadian due to the risk of staying in Canada is higher (I know, moronic), and the chances will be even slimmer once you have lodged your PR application (I know, even more moronic). You can always try but know that a denial may negatively affect your application. If your spouse makes it to Canada you will have to update her mailing address in Argentina because although you can opt to receive most notifications via email, some documents will arrive in the mail (such as her passport when returned by CIC and the COPR), plus she needs to 'show' she still resides in Argentina otherwise her living in Canada may be considered as a change in circumstances, which need to be notified to CIC and it will all be a mess and may cause delays in your application.

I hope this helps a little.
thank you so much. it did help A LOT!
there's always different links that I'm discovering that aren't linked back to the original application so it's great finding the information online.

my wife already has a visa which is good until the end of 2013. and she has a return ticket for july [total of 5 months]. do you think she might have any issues when entering canada? by the time she gets here we would have submitted the application and will be waiting for an answer. I don't want them to give her problems for coming to visit before her application is approved/or not.... :'(.. any idea?

thank you

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
reznik said:
thank you so much. it did help A LOT!
there's always different links that I'm discovering that aren't linked back to the original application so it's great finding the information online.

my wife already has a visa which is good until the end of 2013. and she has a return ticket for july [total of 5 months]. do you think she might have any issues when entering canada? by the time she gets here we would have submitted the application and will be waiting for an answer. I don't want them to give her problems for coming to visit before her application is approved/or not.... :'(.. any idea?

thank you
Immigration agents at the point of entry exercise discretion with their line of questioning. She may be asked who she is visiting, how long she plans to stay, to show return or onward travel information, etc, or she may be asked nothing at all (mostly if she has been in Canada before, but not too often). The key is NOT to lie but voluntiering information is not always required unless asked. I would always give the minimum required amount of information without seeming to be hiding something. If you lodge your application before she travels to Canada, CIC will most likely have that on record as they will probably use the same UCI for her (that is, her UCI from her TRV application wil be used for her PR application) so they will know she has a pending application. That may always cause issues. I am not trying to be a party pooper but i have never seen an immigration officer too eager to let people in and they will definitely ruffle their feathers at the sight of someone suspicious enough to make them think some foreign will try to violate their immigration laws. Worse that can happen is that she is turned back. I am usure of the consequences of being turned away at the border in relation to her application.

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

How many years it can take in total to process for sponsorship?
I'm not done with the sponsorship,Im in the 2nd stage.Its been a year and 6 months and still not done.Its long and stressful :(

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
Popo012 said:
Computergeek

I'm not done with the sponsorship,Im in the 2nd stage.Its been a year and 6 months and still not done.Its long and stressful :(
oh :-( What's your visa office?

searoots

Jan 17, 2013
Hi there,

I am really not totally sure how to use this - I was hoping to pose a question and I don't mean to get right in the middle of conversations here. None the less...

I am a born Canadian Citizen and my husband is an American. I moved to the U.S. about 5 years ago and received my green card 2 years ago. After only a short time in the states, I had to move home! So here we are in the process of immigration once again. The last round was not fun so i am hoping this is a little easier on us. I have completed all of the necessary paperwork (I hope) and have the payment ready and about to send everything off. We did not use a lawyer this time around as we did (and paid out the eyeballs for it) last time; additionally a number of immigration officers had told me not to use an immigration lawyer. It doesn't help and the officers don't like working with them. I don't know if there is any truth to this. I'm nervous I haven't filled out all of the paperwork correctly but I sure hope so. That's the background, now here are my questions:

Can I and my husband visit Canada while he is applying? How long does it typically take for this process to be complete and do we need to wait for the paperwork to be all good to go when we do make the move? Or can we move prior? (probably not). I just found out I am pregnant and to thicken the plot, I am due in Aug - so we will be moving with a newborn... how does this affect out application process? Do I need to do the same thing for a baby and wait another 9 months?

This is a lot of questions. Things have just become so confusing! My husband has already been offered a job in Canada but we have been told that family sponsorship will be easier than a work permit. I do wish this wasn't so difficult! We just would like to go home and raise our family around my family. ANY HELP would be so appreciated!!!!

Thank you all!!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
searoots said:
Hi there,

I am really not totally sure how to use this - I was hoping to pose a question and I don't mean to get right in the middle of conversations here. None the less...

I am a born Canadian Citizen and my husband is an American. I moved to the U.S. about 5 years ago and received my green card 2 years ago. After only a short time in the states, I had to move home! So here we are in the process of immigration once again. The last round was not fun so i am hoping this is a little easier on us. I have completed all of the necessary paperwork (I hope) and have the payment ready and about to send everything off. We did not use a lawyer this time around as we did (and paid out the eyeballs for it) last time; additionally a number of immigration officers had told me not to use an immigration lawyer. It doesn't help and the officers don't like working with them. I don't know if there is any truth to this. I'm nervous I haven't filled out all of the paperwork correctly but I sure hope so. That's the background, now here are my questions:

Can I and my husband visit Canada while he is applying? How long does it typically take for this process to be complete and do we need to wait for the paperwork to be all good to go when we do make the move? Or can we move prior? (probably not). I just found out I am pregnant and to thicken the plot, I am due in Aug - so we will be moving with a newborn... how does this affect out application process? Do I need to do the same thing for a baby and wait another 9 months?

This is a lot of questions. Things have just become so confusing! My husband has already been offered a job in Canada but we have been told that family sponsorship will be easier than a work permit. I do wish this wasn't so difficult! We just would like to go home and raise our family around my family. ANY HELP would be so appreciated!!!!

Thank you all!!
Welcome!

Congrats on the baby! You don't need to tell CIC until you actually give birth, but they will probably clue in when they get the medical and see there's no chest x-ray. Sometimes they will process the application with out it, sometimes they will want you to do the x-ray after you give birth.

Can I and my husband visit Canada while he is applying?
Yes, that's fine. It would be best if you both went together so that your husband can explain that he is sponsoring you and that you are just visiting.

How long does it typically take for this process to be complete and do we need to wait for the paperwork to be all good to go when we do make the move?
You need to wait until you get COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency) to move. It can take up to 12 months, however a lot of cases get processed faster.

Or can we move prior? (probably not).
Nope.

I just found out I am pregnant and to thicken the plot, I am due in Aug - so we will be moving with a newborn... how does this affect out application process? Do I need to do the same thing for a baby and wait another 9 months?
Basically, the baby will be a citizen if your husband was born in Canada. All you'd have to do is get a citizenship card (or something like that, I'm not 100% sure, we don't have kids yet haha) and the baby will not have to be sponsored. That said, if your husband was a naturalized citizen, as in he went through the citizenship ceremony, then you will just add the baby to the sponsorship. I think it's another $150 to add a baby.

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
searoots said:
Hi there,

Thank you all!!
I think Parker missed that you are the Canadian citizen... so, no medical needed for you, and you can apply for citizenship for your baby, so they won't need to be included in the application. (but you may need to inform CIC about a change in your husband's family composition if babe arrives before he lands)

And, as a citizen you can move back to Canada anytime you want...your husband cannot "move" with you, but he can "visit" you so you can be together while he waits for his PR. However, he cannot work until he gets his PR, as you will apply Outland, which you would need to do if you are both living outside Canada (Canadian citizens who live in Canada have an option to apply Inland, and then it's possible to work after about 6 months).

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
IslandAnnie said:
I think Parker missed that you are the Canadian citizen... so, no medical needed for you, and you can apply for citizenship for your baby, so they won't need to be included in the application. (but you may need to inform CIC about a change in your husband's family composition if babe arrives before he lands)

And, as a citizen you can move back to Canada anytime you want...your husband cannot "move" with you, but he can "visit" you so you can be together while he waits for his PR. However, he cannot work until he gets his PR, as you will apply Outland, which you would need to do if you are both living outside Canada (Canadian citizens who live in Canada have an option to apply Inland, and then it's possible to work after about 6 months).
Whoops, got them mixed up! Thanks Annie!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Popo012 said:
Computergeek

The worst I heard was six years for an application with no complications.

Gaby__

Jan 17, 2013
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum and im hoping i'm writing in the correct forum. I'm a Canadian Citizen and i have just started the spousal sponsorship application in Nov 2012. I sponsored my husband that lives in Ecuador. At the current moment the status is "in queue for an interview" and I'm so worried about the interview since i have no idea what they are going to ask my husband about? Does anyone know or have gone through this process already? And will my husband have to be bring his passport to the interview or not?

i know its lots of questions but would really appreciate with some answers. As well if anyone can help me access the Bogota Canadian embassy website in order to check the status of the application since at the moment i have to write an Enquiry in order to receive a response from the embassy ( If anyone knows what im talking about)

Thank you
-Gaby

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
searoots said:
Hi there,

Thank you all!!
Actually, you can move to Canada now. You are a Canadian citizen and you have the right to go back to Canada anytime. If you can support yourself and your husband for 6 months (while your pregnancy is in the early stages) while the Sponsorship is being processed in Canada (for inland application) that has been the way to go for many people. Inland soponsorship approval takes about 6 months and although spousal sposorship does not have a minimum income requirement you need to have some sort of an income to satisfy CIC - the PR application will take an additional 8 months. The advantages are greater inland. Having a baby in Canada is probably less demanding financially, moving to Canada in the early stage of your pregnancy is way more covenient than later with a newborn baby and your husband can obtain an open work permit once you are approved to sponsor him (as opposed to having to wait 12+ months for a PR outland application). If you stay in the US, your baby will be a Canadian citizen born abroad and the new citizenship laws will prevent your child from passing his/her born-abroad canadian citizenship to his/her children unless they are born inside Canada (imagine if your baby marries an american - deja vu - and moves to the US and has kids there - his/her kids will not be Canadian by virtue of their Canadian parent not being born within Canada http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules_2009.asp). As you can see, the advantages are many if you do it inland and do it right. Of course, do not try to cross the border into canada with a moving truck and your hundand... that will not be pretty.