Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Lasiar said:
Hi bagel sponsor and applicant both will have their own UCI, but you will have a joint Application number. You dont have to put both UCI#'s on. Usually what we did was who ever was sending in the information we used our own and our application number. Hope this helps .. good luck
Thanks Lasiar!

frozenyogurt

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 19, 2012
AOR Received.
JULY 19, 2012
File Transfer...
JULY 30, 2012
Med's Done....
APRIL 03, 2012
Passport Req..
OCTOBER 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOVEMBER 21, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 28, 2012 in GOD's WILL THANK YOU JESUS!!!!! ♥
Lasiar said:
Hi bagel sponsor and applicant both will have their own UCI, but you will have a joint Application number.
hello.. just wondering if we'd see both on E-CAS or is it only through the mail? I have verified my AOR via E-CAS using my Sponsor's UCI but couldn't find my UCI or the application number posted. ???

frozenyogurt

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 19, 2012
AOR Received.
JULY 19, 2012
File Transfer...
JULY 30, 2012
Med's Done....
APRIL 03, 2012
Passport Req..
OCTOBER 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOVEMBER 21, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 28, 2012 in GOD's WILL THANK YOU JESUS!!!!! ♥
micmac101 said:
Have you been really waiting ten yrs????
were you referring to my signature? Oh no dear, that's how long I have been with my spouse. ;D

JesustheSavior

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Santo Domingo
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
09-07-2012
Med's Request
28-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
28-11-2012
Passport Req..
29-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hey guys , im new to this forum. my question is : can someone please tell me how long they take to process an application after sending a new medical exam? i checked cic website and it says for expired imigration document, it takes 2 to 6 months? thanks.

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
frozenyogurt said:
hello.. just wondering if we'd see both on E-CAS or is it only through the mail? I have verified my AOR via E-CAS using my Sponsor's UCI but couldn't find my UCI or the application number posted. ???
When you inquire about your status or your hubbies, you would use your UCI or application# and you can see both updates, as for your hubby (if he is applicant) he uses his UCI or application and he sees only his information.. in other words the sponsor can see both, and the applicant sees only theirs. :)

Safou

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
hey there, I'm in canada on visitor visa and i will apply to extend my stay this week and then after i get medical examination i will apply for PR ?? what should i say as a reason for extending my stay?? how much the amount of the PR application, any help will be greatly appreciated

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Safou said:
hey there, I'm in canada on visitor visa and i will apply to extend my stay this week and then after i get medical examination i will apply for PR ?? what should i say as a reason for extending my stay?? how much the amount of the PR application, any help will be greatly appreciated
Tell them you wish to extend your stay because you have a Canadian spouse/partner and you are submitting a PR application. Include a copy of the receipt for the application fee (at least).

The sponsor application is $75, the applicant's fee is $475. The total ($550) must be submitted with the application. You MAY pay the $490 "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" up front, or you may wait until they request it from you (but that will add 2-4 months onto the processing time).

The total, when you are done is $1040 for the PR process. The fee to extend your stay is $75.

Good luck!

Safou

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
thank you soooo much user computer geek, you just put my mind at ease...i do really appreciate your help, thanks again

Safou

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
hey user computer geek, i have just red a post saying you have to convince the CIC that you will leave the country at the end of your stay thats how you will get the extension :( what should i do ?? I'm really confused and worried now...help please

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Safou said:
hey user computer geek, i have just red a post saying you have to convince the CIC that you will leave the country at the end of your stay thats how you will get the extension :( what should i do ?? I'm really confused and worried now...help please
Yes, in order to obtain temporary status, you need to convince them it is indeed temporary. People doing spouse/partner PR applications ask to extend there stay all the time and they basically say "I'd like to stay with my spouse/partner through the process, but if required I will return home." So demonstrate you can buy a ticket home if you must, and show that you have arranged for a place to stay there (family/friends) if you are not granted permission to stay.

If you came as a visitor, you've already convinced them once that your stay is temporary in nature. Further, you're applying for extension, showing you are playing by the rules. Is there some additional information you haven't shared with us that is making you nervous?

I agree, the process can be confusing - in order to get them to allow you to stay, you have to demonstrate to them that you can (or will) leave. So, bottom line: what will you do if they refuse to extend your stay? If you have a clear plan on what you will do, then it is far more likely they won't ask you to leave. The do not HAVE to agree to let you stay. If you file an inland spousal application and include your extension request with that application, because then you can remain on implied status, but that could be much more inconvenient.

Safou

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
hey computergeek, thank you so much for your help...I'm just nervous cuz we don't want to be apart again while waiting for the PR...i have a return ticket but the date on it is when my visa will expire, if they extend it i will change the date on it...i have real ties in my home country, this is the first time I'm out the country knowing that my whole entire family lives in my country...what should i do??
should i mention that i have a return ticket or send it with the application with the same day (without changing the date because i don't know either they will extend my stay or not, and if they do i don't know when I'm gonna leave) I'm not working either studying and I'm not planning to...please help, i need to send the application ASAP..thanks

Safou

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
why hey, i forgot to mention that we are applying outland, and our paper work are done we just still need the medical exam...we will pay the fees and send the receipt with the extension

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Safou said:
hey computergeek, thank you so much for your help...I'm just nervous cuz we don't want to be apart again while waiting for the PR...i have a return ticket but the date on it is when my visa will expire, if they extend it i will change the date on it...i have real ties in my home country, this is the first time I'm out the country knowing that my whole entire family lives in my country...what should i do??
should i mention that i have a return ticket or send it with the application with the same day (without changing the date because i don't know either they will extend my stay or not, and if they do i don't know when I'm gonna leave) I'm not working either studying and I'm not planning to...please help, i need to send the application ASAP..thanks
There are no guarantees with respect to CIC. Perhaps others can suggest more to you, but I would send a copy of the ticket (not the original), a copy of your receipt for the sponsored application, evidence you have sufficient funds to support yourself while in country, evidence you have a place to live should you need to return to your country, etc. I know it makes no sense, but the point is that you need to show you can and will go home once your visa expires. By showing you don't HAVE to stay they will allow you to stay longer.

Are you applying inland or outland? If you are applying inland, you will be able to stay during processing (it's actually in the CIC manuals that they should try to allow you to remain together while processing). If you are applying outland, you will need to maintain your visitor status to remain, but that is very common for applicants and I'd be surprised if they refused a genuine application to extend your status. They can do that, but it would be a bit unusual.

meak

Jul 28, 2012
I bought a return ticket and the victoria border guards told me I had to go back or I would be arrested. :/ kind of scary as just a tourist coming here, being threatened to be thrown in jail.