+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Apr 20, 2021
It would be super helpful if anyone knows the cutoff to submitting information, have just thought of something i possibly should have mentioned on my application? the PA checks are in progress but it hasn't been moved to the uk visa office yet

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello All

I just have a quick question about processing times.

I am Canadian and my spouse is chinese, we are both living and working in Beijing.

Our completed family sponsorship package was delivered October 23, 2020. Since then we haven’t heard a thing.

My question is this, is this time frame in line with processing times during the pandemic? Should I try to contact someone or just wait?

It has been 6 months with no word but others seem to be having quicker response times.

Thanks in advance for any of your thoughts.
People have been calling IRCC to get a temp file number which would confirm that they actually have you file but haven't started processing it yet, but normally you can't call them from outside Canada. There are sites on the web where you can get a CDN phone number, sometimes people have been able to do it that way, another is to do a 3 way call to them through a friend/relative in Canada. Submitting a web form probably won't do anything for you as they need your application or UCI number.

You are right that some applications are being processed faster than yours but there are still many who filed before you that haven't received AOR either.

WallyHan

Sep 4, 2020
People have been calling IRCC to get a temp file number which would confirm that they actually have you file but haven't started processing it yet, but normally you can't call them from outside Canada. There are sites on the web where you can get a CDN phone number, sometimes people have been able to do it that way, another is to do a 3 way call to them through a friend/relative in Canada. Submitting a web form probably won't do anything for you as they need your application or UCI number.

You are right that some applications are being processed faster than yours but there are still many who filed before you that haven't received AOR either.
Thank you. I figured it was a waiting game based on previous posts and everything I have read but when you wait and wait and wait and never hear anything, I started to wonder if it was something I wasn’t doing.

For now we will continue to wait for some good news.

ld16

Star Member
May 5, 2021
hello guys yester i got the bio reqq. my wife is india she need to bio.
online its says vfs has limited service and on the other side its say allover india all services has suspended.
can you help me in this

thank you,
Laukin

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hello guys yester i got the bio reqq. my wife is india she need to bio.
online its says vfs has limited service and on the other side its say allover india all services has suspended.
can you help me in this

thank you,
Laukin
You'll basically just have to wait until VFS re-opens.

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
Question: In the Google Sheet affiliated to this forum there is the term "AOR" (well, term is used in the forum as well). What exactly is the "AOR"? Is this a letter or some specific form that acknowledges receipt of the application?

My own application is proceeding apace and there is movement with medical, biometrics, communications, etc., as seen in the IRCC Secure Account (some call this "GCKey" due to the log-in method). Yet neither the sponsor nor myself have ever received something that said "yes, we have received your application, this is your AOR"

ram211991

Jan 25, 2016
Hi Guys. I applied for spousal sponsorship and the ecas status is frightening me. I see this:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you a letter on May 4, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I see other status of people and they usually get things like medical etc. Can you enlighten me about this wording? Is this normal? I did receive biometric request. Is that the letter?

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hi Guys. I applied for spousal sponsorship and the ecas status is frightening me. I see this:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you a letter on May 4, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I see other status of people and they usually get things like medical etc. Can you enlighten me about this wording? Is this normal? I did receive biometric request. Is that the letter?
Have you checked your email, including spam and junk folders?

lanka1204

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
London visa office
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Doc's Request.
13-01-2020 Military service
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
Hi everyone, I have order gcsm notes 50days already, not received yet, what can I do?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Question: In the Google Sheet affiliated to this forum there is the term "AOR" (well, term is used in the forum as well). What exactly is the "AOR"? Is this a letter or some specific form that acknowledges receipt of the application?

My own application is proceeding apace and there is movement with medical, biometrics, communications, etc., as seen in the IRCC Secure Account (some call this "GCKey" due to the log-in method). Yet neither the sponsor nor myself have ever received something that said "yes, we have received your application, this is your AOR"
As you said AOR is used on here and the tracking sheets, tracking sheets are also part of this forum representing a small portion of people who are doing the PR process. We call it "acknowledgement of receipt" of your app on this forum. Usually it is a separate email but since covid came a long they are not always sending those. You have received letters for bio and medical which has the app and UCI numbers on it so you can consider that you have AOR because you know they are processing it.

Reactions: LongBill

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
1) You cannot work for a Canadian employer until you received your PR. (when you applicant is complete and you got your PR status/landing)
2) If your current status allows that (i.e. between your country and that company's country)
3) It's 6 months from your entry. You can extend your visitor status once you are close to the end of your 6 months stay. You can re-enter but with the COVID condition, I won't suggest travelling.
4) It doesn't have any major effect. But you have to show that you are a true visitor at entry.
This is very helpful, thank you!
For the 6 months stay though - if I leave the country and re-enter after 6 months - how long do I need to stay away? A day? A week? 6 months?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This is very helpful, thank you!
For the 6 months stay though - if I leave the country and re-enter after 6 months - how long do I need to stay away? A day? A week? 6 months?
This totally up to discretion of the CBSA officer at your entry. So most would say just apply for extention unless you really need to travel out.