+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Cxyrus

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
hi guyz...just wanna ask some questions? can i go back to my country to have a vacation for 1 month even my application is being processed? I am the sponsor and i got already the approval last dec.15...now im waiting for the PPR...need help!..thanks..

shaider123

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 22, 2011
File Transfer...
Novenber 21, 2011
Med's Done....
July 14, 2011
Passport Req..
Decmber 1, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 31, 2012
LANDED..........
March 6, 2012
hi to all,

any one has update on your status please post here, for the other reference

Thanks
shaider123

watsonwoo

Nov 12, 2006
Hi:

My spouse in Singapore still needs a visa since she is on a working visa. She is a Chinese citizen. I wish she was more lucky to come to Canada without a visa.

gtoronto

Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning everybody.

any news from Abu Dhabi canadian embassy with the start of the year 2012?

It is just it is not moving there at all since Mid Decemeber

Please let me know

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Hi Everyone!!

More good news from my end! The CIC have located my missing paperwork! So all i need to do is send the Right of Residence Fee Reciept! Very excited.

Does anyone know a timeline from receiving the payment to sending away my passport?

P.S. I assume you get a resident card when you get to canada so you don't need to carry your passport around with you?

SO HAPPY!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trickydicky16 said:
P.S. I assume you get a resident card when you get to canada so you don't need to carry your passport around with you?
You will get a PR card but you shouldn't be carrying that around with you all day either. If you just need ID, you can use your drivers license or get an ID card.

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
2 Year ago.My friend came canada after getting marriage but she did't have good relation with her husband then after 1 year her husband apply for divorce.i have question ,after divorce she can sponser her new spouse if she getting marrige or new changes like sponsership ban for 5 year will effect her.she has PR.when new rules conditional visa and sponsership bar will implement.

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
Question from a friend who is landing soon to finally be united with her spouse for good.

She recieved a letter with her COPD that says amongst other things the following:

Before you leave, bring the necessary documents that allow you to immigrate.
Carry the following documents with you. Do not pack them in your suitcases:
1) A valid passport for each family member
2) A Conformation of Permanent Residence (COPR) for each family member.
3) Sufficient funds for short-term living expenses
4) Letters from employers and a list of your qualifications and job experience.

She is a bit worried about the third requirement. We both thought that family class members didn't need to show any funds while landing, since the sponsorship agreement is basically enough proof that we're going to be takenb care of if we can't do it ourselves. But this letter says nothing about it not applying to family class.
We both think that "sufficient funds" and "short term living expenses" are very vague terms. How much is sufficient? How long is short term?
She went through some financial hardship and doesn't have much to bring to Canada and now she is worried. My gut feeling says that she'll be okay, but I would like to see some feedback on here from people who have experience in this.

Also for my own landing (hopefully not too far in the future) because I have no funds to bring!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Indigo said:
Question from a friend who is landing soon to finally be united with her spouse for good.

She recieved a letter with her COPD that says amongst other things the following:

Before you leave, bring the necessary documents that allow you to immigrate.
Carry the following documents with you. Do not pack them in your suitcases:
1) A valid passport for each family member
2) A Conformation of Permanent Residence (COPR) for each family member.
3) Sufficient funds for short-term living expenses
4) Letters from employers and a list of your qualifications and job experience.

She is a bit worried about the third requirement. We both thought that family class members didn't need to show any funds while landing, since the sponsorship agreement is basically enough proof that we're going to be takenb care of if we can't do it ourselves. But this letter says nothing about it not applying to family class.
We both think that "sufficient funds" and "short term living expenses" are very vague terms. How much is sufficient? How long is short term?
She went through some financial hardship and doesn't have much to bring to Canada and now she is worried. My gut feeling says that she'll be okay, but I would like to see some feedback on here from people who have experience in this.

Also for my own landing (hopefully not too far in the future) because I have no funds to bring!
There is no requirement for Family Class applicants to show proof of funds on arrival. This "requirement" should be read as a general recommendation. Obviously you don't want to show up with no money for taxi fare or a meal or enough even for a hotel room in case you are marooned somewhere overnight.

jun14

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/june/11
Doc's Request.
10/ NOV /11
File Transfer...
14/Aug/11
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
10/ may /11
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
1/ sept / 11 p p r date
VISA ISSUED...
INSHaALLAH soon
LANDED..........
INSHaALLAH soon
No Update for my side :eek: Come on ND ::) :-\ :'(

sulumor

Sep 12, 2011
Hello all,

I was accepted as a sponsor.

Am I allowed to visit my wife for a maximum of 7 or 9 days or that will jeopardize the application ?

Thank you for your answer.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
sulumor said:
Hello all,

I was accepted as a sponsor.

Am I allowed to visit my wife for a maximum of 7 or 9 days or that will jeopardize the application ?

Thank you for your answer.
A short visit is acceptable.

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
Hi everyone!

Scenario: I sent my spousal sponsorship documents together with my spouse's passport and IMM 1017(proof of medical exam) and all documents and supporting documents needed. As I was reading through others' timelines, they were asked for PPR (passport) later during the process. What will happen if I sent all the required documents all at once (coz I followed their checklist)? Will my spouse's passport be returned to me (and ask for it later) or will they send it out to Manila Visa office once I get approved? My application was received on Dec 6, 2011. I checked the CIC website this morning, they're still processing those applications received on Oct 27, 2011. My application is not yet available on e-CAS and I have not yet received an acknowledgement letter so I'm kind of lost.

Please post a reply. Nakakapraning! :)

samith

Jan 14, 2012
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and found this really very helpful. I was lucky to find this website in google while searching for some information.

I have a question,Here's my situation:

I'm married(Dec 04 2011) and now in the process applying to sponsor my wife for PR and one of the application(IMM 0008 > Page 1 > Application Details > Question 7) has a question about CSQ(certificate de selection du Qubec),

Can you please help me out to understand what is CSQ and do I need to fill in this section or apply for CSQ if I'm sponsoring for my spouse..?

PLease advise me on this.. Your advises will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Samith