16-03-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016 AOR 2: May 13,2016
Med's Done....
January 15,2016
Interview........
Sept. 13.2016
Ponga said:
It should be instantaneous, since everything is scanned by CIC when the application is initially received.

oh really?? I thought CIC mailed them to the VO thats why I asked. thats great

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alb01 said:
oh really?? I thought CIC mailed them to the VO thats why I asked. thats great
Well, that's why I said `should', because I'm not 100% certain for an Outland application.

Since the initial receipt/coding is the same for Outland/Inland, it would make sense that the electronic file would be instantly accessible by the foreign VO, but...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Aquakitty said:
Two weeks is ok, you are permitted short trips while still maintaining common-law status.

The general consensus is, a trip of up to a few weeks is acceptable. If it's over a month, you are going to need a very good reason for leaving without your spouse.
To clarify, once a couple has established common-law status, they can be apart for however long they need to be provided they are able to prove that the relationship is continuing.

There have been many couples who became common-law here in Canada and then the foreign spouse returned to their country while the app processed. There was one couple who lived apart for 3 years after becoming common-law; they had an interview because it was such a long time but were approved without issue when they showed proof of the ongoing relationship.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
To clarify, once a couple has established common-law status, they can be apart for however long they need to be provided they are able to prove that the relationship is continuing.

There have been many couples who became common-law here in Canada and then the foreign spouse returned to their country while the app processed. There was one couple who lived apart for 3 years after becoming common-law; they had an interview because it was such a long time but were approved without issue when they showed proof of the ongoing relationship.
The person that Aquakitty was replying to [willyblue] will likely have Condition: 51, so the rules are different regarding extended periods apart.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
canuck_in_uk said:

Yea good point, I was reading it as if they were still acquiring common-law status. So that's the case until the partner lands at any rate.

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
[thank @Aquakitty... Just to add a few point...We have completed our common law in London..While leaving together in London my partner travel to Canada for 2weeks for Christmas but returned 10days later...She's finally back to Canada and she has a job there already.

Ponga said something about condition (51)...Pls could u throw more light on what it says.. Many thanks

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
willyblue said:
[thank @Aquakitty... Just to add a few point...We have completed our common law in London..While leaving together in London my partner travel to Canada for 2weeks for Christmas but returned 10days later...She's finally back to Canada and she has a job there already.

Ponga said something about condition (51)...Pls could u throw more light on what it says.. Many thanks
If you don't have kids together, or haven't been in a common-law relationship for 2 years or more, then you will have Condition 51 status. Then what I said applies again, after you land. This is called "conditional permanent residence" and it lasts for 2 years from the date you land.

So to reiterate, after you have obtained common-law status, you can live apart for some time without issues. But, once you land again, unless you meet the conditions I just mentioned, you will once again have to live together for 2 years except for short trips (generally under a month).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ponga said:
The person that Aquakitty was replying to [willyblue] will likely have Condition: 51, so the rules are different regarding extended periods apart.
willyblue said:
Hello all...I just read a post and I'm really worried right now...if u are applying common law and ur partner travels to see her family for 2weeks..Will that affect ur common law status?
From his post, willyblue was referring to travelling WHILE applying, not after, so Condition 51 has nothing to do with the answer.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
Ponga said:
Well, that's why I said `should', because I'm not 100% certain for an Outland application.

Since the initial receipt/coding is the same for Outland/Inland, it would make sense that the electronic file would be instantly accessible by the foreign VO, but...
You are right . The application is scanned but after scanning,the entire doc and pics included in the application is all mailed to the VO. It takes about a week to arrive VO, but add about one or two days for VO to go thru the file and acknowledge receipt . At this point, eCas goes to "In Process"

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Many thanks guys for ur answers.cheers

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
From his post, willyblue was referring to travelling WHILE applying, not after, so Condition 51 has nothing to do with the answer.
Certainly not the first time I've deduced incorrectly. :)

lykavirgo

Apr 17, 2016
hi can anyone know how the processing time for the spouse sponsorship because my husband i submitted here in canada feb 2014 and the dec 2015 abu dhabi asked him to submitted some form to filled up and some proof of our relatioshipa and he submitted to the abudhabi last feb anybody knows how long he will wait for him to have a letter from riyadh to obtain his police clearance in saudi please answered me than you...

kalz

Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 Sept 2015
AOR Received.
19 Nov 2015, SA : 2 Dec 2015
File Transfer...
7 Dec 2015
Med's Request
Remedical request :20th june 2016,
Med's Done....
Submitted on 14th july 2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
1st August 2016, Decision made in cic: 3rd august 2016
Hi guys, just wondering if there is anyone who have gotten "decion made or ppr" from singapore vo recently. We have applied in sept and the file was transferred to svo in December. I have not received any aor2 but the ecas shows in process till now.
Thank you ..

kau

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Family/Spousal Sponsorshp
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 April 2016
AOR Received.
4 May 2016
Med's Done....
29 March 2016
MrScarface said:
Hey guys, we recently got our AOR but we sent in the application without being in possession of our marriage certificate. Does anyone have experience or advice on whether we should send in the marriage certificate with the case number as reference now already or should we wait until they request it?

Hey!

Just wanted to know when you send your application to CPC?

Thanks in advance!