Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
28-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront in April 2016
Hi, I am just starting to prepare application to sponsor my husband in india. My queestion is , he has a study visa refusal last year, How and where in the application would I specify that? I noticed Schedule- A background declaration form , but not sure ?
Please help.

Thanks

afblack27

Apr 17, 2016
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this?

Hello,

I am a canadian citizen going to the UK to get married to my partner who is a UK citizen. We are planning on returning back to Canada within the month to start our lives here. Should he enter as a visitor? Or is there special documents for a temporary resident?

I have been reading the differences between the inland and outland applications and it was to my knowledge that the pilot program that issued the OWP has now ended in December but I couldn't find anything on the continuation of the program. The last time I spoke with a CIC agent was last summer and we were advised to submit an inland application together at the same time because of the OWP which would allow us to get on our feet a lot quicker. For some reason it was also meant to also be a shorter wait time and I seem to remember looking at wait times for an outland application to be over 54 months in the UK, but now there is no way to specify the country and has given me a general wait time of 17 months. We are young, been travelling back and forth to see each other for nearly 4 years now. I'm living at home to reduce living costs but very anxious to get on our feet. I feel as though the CIC website makes it nearly impossible to find the straightforward information I am looking for so I'm really hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction and give me some advise on what to do, what problems we might face, and if there are any documents we need to sort out before we return in July or at least what to expect?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
afblack27 said:
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this?

Hello,

I am a canadian citizen going to the UK to get married to my partner who is a UK citizen. We are planning on returning back to Canada within the month to start our lives here. Should he enter as a visitor? Or is there special documents for a temporary resident?

I have been reading the differences between the inland and outland applications and it was to my knowledge that the pilot program that issued the OWP has now ended in December but I couldn't find anything on the continuation of the program. The last time I spoke with a CIC agent was last summer and we were advised to submit an inland application together at the same time because of the OWP which would allow us to get on our feet a lot quicker. For some reason it was also meant to also be a shorter wait time and I seem to remember looking at wait times for an outland application to be over 54 months in the UK, but now there is no way to specify the country and has given me a general wait time of 17 months. We are young, been travelling back and forth to see each other for nearly 4 years now. I'm living at home to reduce living costs but very anxious to get on our feet. I feel as though the CIC website makes it nearly impossible to find the straightforward information I am looking for so I'm really hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction and give me some advise on what to do, what problems we might face, and if there are any documents we need to sort out before we return in July or at least what to expect?
The OWP program is ongoing, but you want to seriously consider applying outland rather than inland. You will have your PR much faster. Ignore the times on the CIC site for outland applications, they are meaningless. Instead check the spreadsheets and the London VO thread for accurate times. You can expect more like 6-9 months for outland, and 2+ years for inland.

Assuming you apply outland, you can enter as a visitor and stay for 6 months, but you can't work as a visitor. Near the end of 6 months you can renew your visitor status.

Don't use the word "live" with the CBSA though. You are visiting. Bring some proof of ties to the UK and financial support (even if you are planning to fully move to Canada). Don't bring all your stuff like you are moving, either.

If you apply outland before you come to Canada, that will help at the border as well.

Edit: Whoops I see you are the citizen, replace "you" with "he" :)

Hi, I am just starting to prepare application to sponsor my husband in india. My queestion is , he has a study visa refusal last year, How and where in the application would I specify that? I noticed Schedule- A background declaration form , but not sure ?
Please help.

Thanks

Yes there is a check box question that asks about refused visas.

afblack27

Apr 17, 2016
Aquakitty said:
The OWP program is ongoing, but you want to seriously consider applying outland rather than inland. You will have your PR much faster. Ignore the times on the CIC site for outland applications, they are meaningless. Instead check the spreadsheets and the London VO thread for accurate times. You can expect more like 6-9 months for outland, and 2+ years for inland.

Assuming you apply outland, you can enter as a visitor and stay for 6 months, but you can't work as a visitor. Near the end of 6 months you can renew your visitor status.

Don't use the word "live" with the CBSA though. You are visiting. Bring some proof of ties to the UK and financial support (even if you are planning to fully move to Canada). Don't bring all your stuff like you are moving, either.

If you apply outland before you come to Canada, that will help at the border as well.

Edit: Whoops I see you are the citizen, replace "you" with "she" :)
Our wedding is in June, and I will be in the country until we plan to leave a month later. I understand that as it stands, I have no reason to be a sponsor because he is not "family" since we are not yet married, nor common law, or conjugal. So if I'm correct, I can't apply to be a sponsor until after we have a wedding certificate? Am I able to apply to be a sponsor from the UK even if I am only there temporarily? If I am able to and we enter through the Canadian border, I understand that he is coming on a visitor visa, but won't the CBSA be suspicious of us returning after just recently being married and not planning on him immigrating to Canada? He is currently a student and unemployed, he has family ties, but his financial support is student loans which will end come June, and after that it's me. We kind of already did something like this in 2013 where he came on a visitors visa with intentions of staying for a year, but the agent had reason to believe he had intentions to work, so my family and I had to post a $5000 to ensure that he was coming to stay with us while I finished school.

sukhman88

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
28-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront in April 2016

On Schedule A Background declaration form , in question #6 d).been refused refugee status in, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa to, Canada or any other country?
Does this apply to study visa?
e). been refused admission to, or ordered t leave Canada, or any country?' Is failing to get a study visa considered as being refused admission?

My husband has a study visa refusal, should he say yes to both of these questions?
please advice

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
afblack27 said:
Our wedding is in June, and I will be in the country until we plan to leave a month later. I understand that as it stands, I have no reason to be a sponsor because he is not "family" since we are not yet married, nor common law, or conjugal. So if I'm correct, I can't apply to be a sponsor until after we have a wedding certificate? Am I able to apply to be a sponsor from the UK even if I am only there temporarily? If I am able to and we enter through the Canadian border, I understand that he is coming on a visitor visa, but won't the CBSA be suspicious of us returning after just recently being married and not planning on him immigrating to Canada? He is currently a student and unemployed, he has family ties, but his financial support is student loans which will end come June, and after that it's me. We kind of already did something like this in 2013 where he came on a visitors visa with intentions of staying for a year, but the agent had reason to believe he had intentions to work, so my family and I had to post a $5000 to ensure that he was coming to stay with us while I finished school.
Yes you need your marriage certificate. Yes you can sponsor him from the UK. He's not on a visa though, because he's visa-exempt.

When it comes to the CBSA, you never know exactly what they will want from you, so you want to prepare. Generally spouses of people from visa-exempt countries have an easier time crossing when with their spouse. He probably had a hard time because he was alone and young, and if he told the border guard he planned to stay for a year that alone could cause a problem. Did he end up with a visitor record?

Just bring some mail from his UK address and a bank statement showing some money, and of course, a return ticket. You can cancel the return ticked once you get over the border.

Never say he intents to live or apply to work or anything on that nature, even visa-exempt people get in trouble that way. For all intents and purposes he's visiting.

And like I said if you do apply outland before you come over, you can use that as proof of your intention to get him proper status.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
sukhman88 said:

On Schedule A Background declaration form , in question #6 d).been refused refugee status in, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa to, Canada or any other country?
Does this apply to study visa?
e). been refused admission to, or ordered t leave Canada, or any country?' Is failing to get a study visa considered as being refused admission?

My husband has a study visa refusal, should he say yes to both of these questions?
please advice
#6 d) Is "Yes"

e) Has he ever had a letter instructing him to leave Canada, or a refusal at a border crossing? If so, put "yes". I take this question to be directed more towards visa-exempt people who actually make it to the border crossing. If he has not, then you can put "no".

Just explain whatever you put in the box on the bottom.

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
SA: 24-02-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
So my husband's ECAS updated to "Decision Made" on Friday. Today I noticed it added a new line when you click on it that reads:

"We sent you a letter on April 14, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before you contact us."

When I got approved as Sponsor, mine says:

"We sent a correspondance on February 24, 2016 about the decision of your application."

The way my husband's update is worded doesn't sound good for some reason, but I'm sure it's fine.

mappledream

Dec 27, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
11-07-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2015
Hello All,

I am a FSWP 2014 applicant. I've obtained visa for me, wife and infant baby. My visa validity is up to 15th July 2016.

Due to some health related issues of NBB, I want to go to Ca alone (i.e. keeping wife and NBB in my country). Will there be any complexity in future (say 1/2 year later) if I apply for my wife and son to join with me?

Anyway, how long it normally takes to process a spouse visa being a PR card holder?

Thanks

AreWeDoneYet

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Feb. 2016
Passport Req..
June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
Anyone still waiting since 2012???? Still no Passport Request!!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mappledream said:
Hello All,

I am a FSWP 2014 applicant. I've obtained visa for me, wife and infant baby. My visa validity is up to 15th July 2016.

Due to some health related issues of NBB, I want to go to Ca alone (i.e. keeping wife and NBB in my country). Will there be any complexity in future (say 1/2 year later) if I apply for my wife and son to join with me?

Anyway, how long it normally takes to process a spouse visa being a PR card holder?

Thanks
The complexity will be the potential long wait time and the fact you may be separated for quite some time from your wife and child.

It can take anywhere from a few months to a few years to sponsor your wife and child for PR. Keep in mind that you will most likely have to be separated from them during the waiting time since it's unlikely they will be granted a visitor visa, and as a PR you must be living in Canada to sponsor them and cannot return to your home country to wait with them while the application is processed.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
sukhman88 said:
Please help.

Thanks
you better told them it was refused. they can find out easily. i dont think this can affect your PR.. my dad got a visitor visa refused; no impact on the later sponsorship.

Nirav0366

Jul 27, 2015
Hello everyone, I have a ongoing spousal sponsorship file in process for my wife. I have few concerns over the re medical request. I am not sure if this the right place to ask this question.

I have not received any communication regarding re medical from CIC. However, when I ordered the GCMS notes, under correspondence, it says there is an outgoing correspondence on November 6 and it seems its about the re medical request.

My question is that, do I have any way of confirming that we were sent this mail because there is no such email in the inbox or spam folder. On the CIC's website, under file status, it says file in process, medical results have been received.

Please help

Thank you

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Nirav0366 said:
Hello everyone, I have a ongoing spousal sponsorship file in process for my wife. I have few concerns over the re medical request. I am not sure if this the right place to ask this question.

I have not received any communication regarding re medical from CIC. However, when I ordered the GCMS notes, under correspondence, it says there is an outgoing correspondence on November 6 and it seems its about the re medical request.

My question is that, do I have any way of confirming that we were sent this mail because there is no such email in the inbox or spam folder. On the CIC's website, under file status, it says file in process, medical results have been received.

Please help

Thank you
You can start by calling the call center. They should be able to see if your wife was really sent anything. Remember it would go to her email/address if they are different from yours.

The Realist

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-08-2015
Re: Spousal sponsorship- IMM 1344 FORM

Hi Everyone,

I'm applying for an OUTLAND Family Class application for my Spouse. I was living with her recently in her home country, and we downloaded all the necessary Forms in her home country and studiously filled them all out. We downloaded IMM 1344 on the 16th of March, both signed it, and post Dated it April 1st... just to keep things simple: month to month. Her Birthday is in May, and as i'm going back to celebrate this with her...i obviously booked an airline ticket in advance. My intent therefore, is to submit our Application in Late April BEFORE i leave.
Then, to my horror.... i saw on CIC Website today, that IMM 1344 had changed in March. Now, i have the evidence of the "properties" of my PDF File of IMM 1344, that clearly shows it was downloaded MARCH 16TH, 2016. Why does CIC never publish the actual Date [not just Month] of when a form is updated??

Given my Wife is from a country where even the International courier mail service is slow at best.... i doubt she will have enough time to mail this updated version of 1344 to me....before i leave, May 4th.

My questions are:

1/Given that i have the evidence of the fact that we did indeed download IMM 1344 IN March, could CIC show some kind of logical discretion, where since a Form is out "by just a few weeks OR even a few Days'" [who knows...because NO actual Date is put on the form- ONLY the Month]...might they accept it? Other evidence that we downloaded and filled out IMM 1344 IN March, was that in the form, "Input of Date" option at the End of the Form, we put April 1st, 2016...the next following month, just to keep things simple. This was the Date that i returned to Canada, from her country.

2/ I studiously checked OUR Version [08 2014] of IMM 1344 compared to the most recent version...[03-2015] the ONLY difference: the "contact details/questions" for a Co-signer. We do NOT have a Co-signer. This Section is NOT applicable to us. Even if we filled out and printed off this form, that section [like the Section for Co-Dependants in IMM 0008] may NOT even show up, once validated.
Given this, do you think its a possibility that CIC will give us the discretion of submitting the updated version of this form, upon their receipt of the Application? Does CIC return an entire application if a form is not an updated version...or only when a Form/Document is missing?? OR....will they just return the whole application, simply saying one of the forms needs updating?

As the validity of her Medical Report is counting down... if i submit the entire application in Mid- June, when i get back, her Medical Report would be close to expiry. I think she will need to submit another Medical anyway... but CIC may employ their discretion of using their powers of extension of up to 15 months validity.

I have, of course, tried to contact CIC via its contact Phone Number.... but they've calibrated the automated messaging service to go directly to automated messaging.... speaking to a CIC agent is impossible....
Does anyone have another contact number for CIC, or at the very least aa email address for queries??

Thanks.