canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kau said:
As I am sponsoring my husband and he will be the principal applicant.
Does he need to add my supporting documents for example PP, Photos, PCC?
No. The sponsor only needs to include what is listed on the sponsor checklist.

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
I know for spousal sponsorship income is not 'required' but Option C printout of NOA is required for the application. What if I haven't done my income taxes in a couple/few years?? I'm not in Canada to do them, nor will I be able to do them online since I haven't done them since 2012.

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
scylla said:
Easy as long as you are in status in Canada when you apply for PR.
hi scylla is there any news for march 2015 spouse/common law application status? mine is march 17th 2015 still no update from cic. thank you

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
dreematt said:
hi scylla is there any news for march 2015 spouse/common law application status? mine is march 17th 2015 still no update from cic. thank you
Are you inland or Outland?? I am Outland, and still waiting myself.

dmac

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
3-03-2016
File Transfer...
8-03-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
No, thank goodness.
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-28-2016
@Aladdinsgirl

I'm not sure if this applies to your situation, but if you are not eligible to obtain an Option C printout, then you can write a note to the CIC in your application package explaining why you didn't include one. In my case, I've lived overseas for approximately 5 years as a student in a country that has a tax treaty with Canada, and do not have any taxable property, income, etc., in Canada, so I am not eligible to obtain an Option C.

I didn't put an Option C printout in my application package, but submitted a short note (~400 words) with the title "REASON FOR NOT INCLUDING OPTION C PRINTOUT" with the relevant information included, and was approved for sponsorship within 45 days.

ahmedsalfy

May 5, 2014
ahmedsalfy said:
hi, I am applying for my wife. i have few questions , pls help me out here.

1.which Canadian visa office issued your immigrant visa?(i forgot, i was sponsored before and it was in-canada application(vegreville or missisuga) , but i received my (18feb 2011)PR from Scarborough case processing center.)

2. who arrange our marriage?(as it was arrange marriage, should i write "our parents")

3.when was the marriage arranged?(on jan 2nd our parents sit together and fixed marriage date as 10th jan), what should i answer jan 2nd or jan 1oth?

4.on Document checklist(Sponsored person and family memberrs), Identity and civil status documents. should i just include my wife , or includes her parents and sisters too? we dont have any children.

5.is there any addittional forms i need to fill up or i just have to strict on Document checklist?

6. with the application fee , should i attach landing fees too?

please share your insights.

regards.

Saba106

Dec 28, 2015
Hi

Please sm1 help me. I sponsored my husband in december 2014 and received the approval letter in march 2015. After that in December 2015 I received an email from the cic saying Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in London for further processing. How long will it take now? And will they ask for a remedical? We sent the medical with the application papers in december 2014.

Thank youu please someone help me

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Saba106 said:
Hi

Please sm1 help me. I sponsored my husband in december 2014 and received the approval letter in march 2015. After that in December 2015 I received an email from the cic saying Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in London for further processing. How long will it take now? And will they ask for a remedical? We sent the medical with the application papers in december 2014.

Are you Pakistani? The processing time is quite long for Pakistani applicants, you should check out the Pakistan LVO thread if you are: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-pakistan-london-visa-office-t203899.12945.html

kyledoyle14

Mar 1, 2016
Hello,
My husband is applying for his PR. We currently live in Germany but we have ties back to Canada such as properties, family, etc. My husband renounced his Canadian citizenship to obtain German citizenship (long story- but it had to deal with work oppurtunities). He grew up in Canada and now we would like to move back to Canada (our hometown) to be close to family and friends.

Questions are:

1) Is the processing time faster when applying from outland? We would be applying in Vienna? Curious to see what the processing times were for everyone and their experiences.

2) Must the application be complete? Reason I ask, is that he went to school in New York State from when he was 19-22 years old and he needs an FBI background check. This could take several months, so was wondering if we could write a letter stating we will forward the FBI background check as soon as it is sent to us. Or will this create a delay in processing? I am getting my fingerprints taken in Munich then sending them to the FBI next week.

3) Is it best to do the medical/physical in Munich? Or have it done in Canada?

4) We plan on going back to Canada in 60 days for an approximate three month stay. My husband has a contract to work in Germany starting August 1st. Will this create any problems when we apply?

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Cheers

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Hi! Our sponsorship application is Outland. We submitted our application in February 2015. It's been now 13 months.
It's permanent residency in progress. Medical exam complete and FBI check done.
I believe and hoping that we're at the end. We're looking forward to focusing on our family.
Thank you for your message. I wish you all the best.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kyledoyle14 said:
Hello,
My husband is applying for his PR. We currently live in Germany but we have ties back to Canada such as properties, family, etc. My husband renounced his Canadian citizenship to obtain German citizenship (long story- but it had to deal with work oppurtunities). He grew up in Canada and now we would like to move back to Canada (our hometown) to be close to family and friends.

Questions are:

1) Is the processing time faster when applying from outland? We would be applying in Vienna? Curious to see what the processing times were for everyone and their experiences.

2) Must the application be complete? Reason I ask, is that he went to school in New York State from when he was 19-22 years old and he needs an FBI background check. This could take several months, so was wondering if we could write a letter stating we will forward the FBI background check as soon as it is sent to us. Or will this create a delay in processing? I am getting my fingerprints taken in Munich then sending them to the FBI next week.

3) Is it best to do the medical/physical in Munich? Or have it done in Canada?

4) We plan on going back to Canada in 60 days for an approximate three month stay. My husband has a contract to work in Germany starting August 1st. Will this create any problems when we apply?

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Cheers
I assume you are a Canadian citizen or PR amd will be the one sponsoring him, correct?

If so...

1. Yes, Outland applications are generally much faster than Inland. I believe that your husband's application would be processed in the Vienna visa office. You can check the current processing times, here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vienna-office-t74361.9030.html

2. You can include a note with the application to let CIC know that the FBI Identity Summary History Report (PCC) has been ordered and that you will forward it to them when you receive it. Fortunately, CIC is well aware of the current delay with the FBI...but, why are YOU having your fingerprints taken? If you are his sponsor, you do NOT need to provide a police clearance, or fingerprints.

3. It doesn't matter, as long as he uses a CIC Panel Physician from the list on their website.

4. Hard to say, but he should be ok...especially if he has a return ticket to Germany.

Good luck!

kyledoyle14

Mar 1, 2016
Sorry, Yes I am a Canadian citizen, along with our two young children. ;D

And I meant to say he is having his fingerprint taken.

Thanks for the help.

Saba106

Dec 28, 2015
Hi

I live in canada I have sponsored my husband from pakistan.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Saba106 said:
Hi

I live in canada I have sponsored my husband from pakistan.
I just answered this above. Unfortunately it takes a long time, ask on that thread what the average is once Xfered to LVO.

DeHdez15

Mar 10, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Request
Requested again Oct 20/16
Med's Done....
Oct 28/16 (2nd time)
Passport Req..
November 8/2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2016
LANDED..........
December 10/2016
I wish I found this info before sending my Spouse sponsorship application :D
I think I did it right, I sent my application package, Jan 25, 16. March 8, they sent an email stating they received the application on January 28, and they will let me know once is reviewed..
Are they reviewing my application now? To decide I'm able to sponsor my husband? Ort they just let me know, we received it, and now wait to be reviewed?

Thanks for taking the time, to read, reply, you understand what is this process, stressful, anxiety... :-*