Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
AladdinsGirl said:
I am not from a religious background, he is. It's a very common thing over here, when foreigners marry Egyptians here at the Ministry (I actually preferred this). Reg Flag-I am older than him by 12 years. He hasn't met my family in person because he will never be granted a vistors visa (as most Egyptians aren't). I see his family once a week :) We did try applying for a visitor visa twice and was declined twice (but that is normal).
Well, seems you are aware of the red flags you have to overcome, so be sure to provide a lot of proof to cover those areas.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
devilsofnj said:
Curious to here what people's experience have been with the Inland sponsorship? How difficult is it to obtain a work permit?
Easy as long as you are in status in Canada when you apply for PR.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devilsofnj said:
Curious to here what people's experience have been with the Inland sponsorship? How difficult is it to obtain a work permit?
Based on your other posts, it doesn't sound like your girlfriend is eligible for sponsorship, thus she will not qualify for an OWP.

You need to live together for 12 full months to qualify for a Common-Law sponsorship, or...get married and then apply for spousal sponsorship.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Hi,

I am from Srilanka. My wife is my sponsor and my application is Dec 2012 and got rejected on 2014 Feb for two reason

1)I made a mistake on my personal history page which they request clearance for tat years.

2)Misrepresentation - I had a warning or caution when i was in uk for that i didnt mention on my application so they gave 2 years banned

After rejected i appealed and my case scheduled on Jan 2016 but my wife withdrawn the appeal because my two years bann is almost finishing so we both decide to withdrawn the application and reapply after the ban period (feb 2016). This was suggested by a Canadian lawyer that it is better to reapply again rather than doing appeal.

So let me come to the present. So i thought to get my original document(Marriage certificate and other submitted documents) from colombo( Canada high commission) so i emailed them on Jan. I got an reply next day to do Re-medical,submit police clearance and updated schedule A form before the end of feb. I was confused and again emailed them saying that im confused is my application is still active and is it reconsideration. They called me next day and said to submit the requested document to process again(which means they said they were reconsidering it).

I am happy Smiley that they were reconsidering it so i did medical and submitted police clearance with filled schedule A form and submitted at Feb end.

Few days before submitting all documents i checked online and saw they updated that they have received medical.

My question is how long it will take them to respond me and is they will request me to submit my passport for visa? please give some tip what they will ask next or what will be the next step they do? please help me on this...

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Hello members...

I am filling out spousal sponsorship application had question about IMM5669.

In Q5, form asks for Mother's surname at birth. That, I understand fine. However, next, it only asks for Given Name. So, should it written as "Mother's name <space> Her husband's name" or "Mother's name <space> Her father's name"?

Basically, should we use her maiden given name or her name after marriage? because form only asked for maiden surname; but it'd make sense to use maiden given name too, for continuity purpose.

mirjana.Ilija

Aug 5, 2015
Do the Visa offices reply to emails sent by sponsors or only the applicant? I sent and 2 months no reply yet my husband always receives a response...does this mean they filter emails?

Blessed2

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 31, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
October 14, 2015
File Transfer...
October 30, 2015
Med's Done....
November 18, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2016
LANDED..........
September 8, 2016
Hello,

Reading the conversations here has been interesting. I submitted my husband's application in august 2015 and we are now waiting for his passport to be requested (Hopefully). I was just wondering how we will be notified of this passport submission. Is it usually via email or is a mail usually sent through the post office. I am very skeptical about the efficiency with the postal system back home in Nigeria. I look forward to hearing back from someone.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
deepax said:
In Q5, form asks for Mother's surname at birth. That, I understand fine. However, next, it only asks for Given Name. So, should it written as "Mother's name <space> Her husband's name" or "Mother's name <space> Her father's name"?
In Canada, women don't use their father or husband's name in their given name. They are asking for just her first name at birth.

mirjana.Ilija said:
Do the Visa offices reply to emails sent by sponsors or only the applicant? I sent and 2 months no reply yet my husband always receives a response...does this mean they filter emails?
Unless you filled out the Use of a Representative form, you are not authorized to receive information on your husband's file, so the VO will not respond to you.

kau

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Family/Spousal Sponsorshp
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 April 2016
AOR Received.
4 May 2016
Med's Done....
29 March 2016
MilesAway said:
1. Just follow the checklists. They give you some ideas about what to include for proof.
2. There is no minimum income, but you cannot be bankrupt or on welfare.
3. See #2.
4. No, just include what you have.
5. Family Class, Spouse.
6. He needs to mention that in the forms and include his UCI where requested.
7. See your checklist. Different regions have different requirements.
Thanks Buddy!

+1 for you.

SAMAWAN

Nov 14, 2014
I have received email for interview on 28th of January and interview date is on 16th of March.
Can any one help me about the interview what will they ask in interview?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
SAMAWAN said:
I have received email for interview on 28th of January and interview date is on 16th of March.
Can any one help me about the interview what will they ask in interview?
There are lots of threads on this on this site, here is one: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-interview-questions-t157678.0.html

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
deepax said:
Hello members...

I am filling out spousal sponsorship application had question about IMM5669.

Basically, should we use her maiden given name or her name after marriage? because form only asked for maiden surname; but it'd make sense to use maiden given name too, for continuity purpose.
Thats your mother's father name(Grandfather)

kau

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Family/Spousal Sponsorshp
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 April 2016
AOR Received.
4 May 2016
Med's Done....
29 March 2016
Hey all!!

As I am sponsoring my husband and he will be the principal applicant.
Does he need to add my supporting documents for example PP, Photos, PCC?

Thanks in advance!

ahmedsalfy

May 5, 2014
hi, I am applying for my wife. i have few questions , pls help me out here.

1.which Canadian visa office issued your immigrant visa?(i forgot, i was sponsored before and it was in-canada application(vegreville or missisuga) , but i received my (18feb 2011)PR from Scarborough case processing center.)

2. who arrange our marriage?(as it was arrange marriage, should i write "our parents")

3.when was the marriage arranged?(on jan 2nd our parents sit together and fixed marriage date as 10th jan), what should i answer jan 2nd or jan 1oth?

4.on Document checklist(Sponsored person and family memberrs), Identity and civil status documents. should i just include my wife , or includes her parents and sisters too? we dont have any children.

5.is there any addittional forms i need to fill up or i just have to strict on Document checklist?

6. with the application fee , should i attach landing fees too?

please share your insights.

regards.