Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
zee7447 said:
Hey Priya
This is for all the visa office around the world. However it applies to Singapore most, because they are the slowest and has the most back log. I really don't blame them because they have 5 different countries under them. The previous PM was against immigration and that's why they slowed the process on purposely. Ever since new PM came they started giving pressure and that's why you can see the the time frame was changed from 30 months to 17 months and that applies to anywhere in the world. Before it was based on region and country. My advice is even though 17 months is not passed keep emailing them and bother them. Lots of people are scared to do that. Remember their job is to serve us and answer our questions. Thanks

Zaheed
It's actually 10 countries that go through Singapore VO. *Sigh

I've been reading this thread and hoping SVO doesn't call us for an interview :-X

They seem to be updating the Eligibility in GCMS within a month or two recently so I will be ordering our second set of notes soon.

We have several red flags, and although we explained them well, you never know what will happen.

However, I am not worried, if our application is denied I will simply just move to Indonesia.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
sjgolfer014 said:
Hassan9999

after how many month they call you for interview , when yo receive a letter that you are on interview list ,
my application October 2014 but i receive a letter for interview on 28 july 2015 , its been 9 month i am waiting
for interview ,and total 19 month for my application ,
As we can see here, there is no hard and fast rule or any obligation about scheduling interview. It depends on the processing officials and their discretionary power. Very recently Zaheed pointed out that the more you follow up with your respective visa office the more will be the chances to get an early interview schedule. Simultaneously you should keep obtaining GCMS notes on your case file just to know how things are progressing! As far as your application is concerned, my guess is you will be called for the interview very soon. Meanwhile please send them soft requests for scheduling your interview.

Thanks and all the best,

Hasan

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
Hasan9999 said:
As we can see here, there is no hard and fast rule or any obligation about scheduling interview. It depends on the processing officials and their discretionary power. Very recently Zahid pointed out that the more you follow up with your respective visa office the more will be the chances to get an early interview schedule. Simultaneously you should keep obtaining GCMS notes on your case file just to know how things are progressing! As far as your application is concerned, my guess is you will be called for the interview very soon. Meanwhile please send them soft requests for scheduling your interview.

Thanks and all the best,

Hasan

Fellow Applicants,

I second that with Hasan. Inquiry is fine but make sure it is soft as Hasan mentioned. Don't overdo the requests as they feel intimidated in any ways. I know how frustrating it is to wait as I waited longer than most of you in the thread and beside different religious belief, we didn't have any red flags on our file.

But stay positive, be strong. Interview is very important but don't let this stress affect your relationship. Have patience with each other and know everything about your better half.

Hopefully we all be united sooner than later.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
sam54562 said:
Fellow Applicants,

I second that with Hasan. Inquiry is fine but make sure it is soft as Hasan mentioned. Don't overdo the requests as they feel intimidated in any ways. I know how frustrating it is to wait as I waited longer than most of you in the thread and beside different religious belief, we didn't have any red flags on our file.

But stay positive, be strong. Interview is very important but don't let this stress affect your relationship. Have patience with each other and know everything about your better half.

Hopefully we all be united sooner than later.
What country is your spouse from? Do you both practice your religions?

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
ImABule said:
What country is your spouse from? Do you both practice your religions?
Dear Imabule,

We are from Bangladesh. I am Catholic and my spouse is Muslim. And we have no plans to convert. We knew each other since 1997 and this is our first marriage.

They only thing I didn't do is I never inquire about my file to Singapore at all. But the interview was a cakewalk. More than a casual meeting. You can check my earlier posts for more details.

Hope it helps...

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
sam54562 said:
Dear Imabule,

We are from Bangladesh. I am Catholic and my spouse is Muslim. And we have no plans to convert. We knew each other since 1997 and this is our first marriage.

They only thing I didn't do is I never inquire about my file to Singapore at all. But the interview was a cakewalk. More than a casual meeting. You can check my earlier posts for more details.

Hope it helps...
My wife is Muslim but she doesn't practice. I had no religion but to marry in Indonesia you have to share religion so I converted at the ceremony. That's why I asked about religion. We have several flags but we explained them all.

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
ImABule said:
My wife is Muslim but she doesn't practice. I had no religion but to marry in Indonesia you have to share religion so I converted at the ceremony. That's why I asked about religion. We have several flags but we explained them all.

In Bangladesh, You can do court marriage which doesn't require to have same religion. Obviously you won't get NIKAAHNAMA but We did get marriage certificate which is good enough to qualify as married couples.

We both practice. Its just we develop relationship when we were in middle school and somehow it continued without having a conflict with religion. I was a minority back home but it didn't feel wrong to be with her. I guess we were too immature to understand religion back then.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
sam54562 said:
In Bangladesh, You can do court marriage which doesn't require to have same religion. Obviously you won't get NIKAAHNAMA but We did get marriage certificate which is good enough to qualify as married couples.

We both practice. Its just we develop relationship when we were in middle school and somehow it continued without having a conflict with religion. I was a minority back home but it didn't feel wrong to be with her. I guess we were too immature to understand religion back then.
Neither me nor my wife are religious at all. We explained that and that religion has no bearing on our relationship. In my case I think me converting actually helps our case as we said we considered marrying outside Indonesia to avoid it but ultimately decided on me converting so her family would accept us and would attend. I also had to get cut for the religious office to accept me as being Muslim which I don't think anyone does unless their marriage is genuine.

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
ImABule said:
Neither me nor my wife are religious at all. We explained that and that religion has no bearing on our relationship. In my case I think me converting actually helps our case as we said we considered marrying outside Indonesia to avoid it but ultimately decided on me converting so her family would accept us and would attend. I also had to get cut for the religious office to accept me as being Muslim which I don't think anyone does unless their marriage is genuine.
Very true. Hope they understand the genuineness and waive your interview.

Best of luck...

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
sam54562 said:
Very true. Hope they understand the genuineness and waive your interview.

Best of luck...
Best of luck to you and everyone else on this thread as well. Hope we are all reunited with our spouses soon.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
They seem to be updating the Eligibility in GCMS within a month or two recently so I will be ordering our second set of notes soon.

We have several red flags, and although we explained them well, you never know what will happen.

However, I am not worried, if our application is denied I will simply just move to Indonesia.

[/quote]

1) If your relationship is genuine, your application will be approved provided you properly address those red flags. Send as many evidences as you can.
2) If application is denied, within 30 days you may file appeal, get your blue book, try for ADR first and if ADR is not allowed, eventually face full hearing. All genuine cases are approved most of the time. You can't give up your application just like that! Yes you can live together in your country temporary and that will go in your favour in appeal process.
3) Don't loose hope and stay positive!

All the best.

Hasan9999

juwelsingh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/sep/2015
File Transfer...
03/nov/2015
Med's Done....
11/aug/2015
Interview........
20/june/2016 (kuala lumpur )
Passport Req..
14-oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully verry soon
LANDED..........
cannot wait for that
Dear Sir,

hello hasan and farhanna please help me out i got this email just couple of days ago what that mean actually
here its is

Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

This application was queued for interview and is currently pending the interview to be scheduled based on the date the application was received. The Interview Queue Letter was resent on 22 Jan 2016. Once an interview date is scheduled, the applicant will receive an appointment/interview letter approximately four weeks before the interview date. Please refer to the Interview Queue Letter for further information.

We are striving to make the processing of our applications as efficient as possible. Please note that changes in the volume of new applications received, annual quotas and the resources available to process them, can lead to longer processing times. Furthermore, some applications, owing to their complexity, take longer to process than others.

Information on application processing times can be found here. Please note that processing times are calculated from the date the application is received at the Singapore immigration office.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Hasan9999 said:

1) If your relationship is genuine, your application will be approved provided you properly address those red flags. Send as many evidences as you can.
2) If application is denied, within 30 days you may file appeal, get your blue book, try for ADR first and if ADR is not allowed, eventually face full hearing. All genuine cases are approved most of the time. You can't give up your application just like that! Yes you can live together in your country temporary and that will go in your favour in appeal process.
3) Don't loose hope and stay positive!

All the best.

Hasan9999
I have no interest in filing an appeal should we be denied. Living in Canada is not everything and I would be just as happy if I moved to my spouses country in Indonesia as I would if she moved here. We have no intention of going through the dragged out appeal process and the strain it will cause of being apart from each other. I am Canadian born and raised, but will not hesitate to walk away from Canada should they reject my wife.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
ImABule said:
I have no interest in filing an appeal should we be denied. Living in Canada is not everything and I would be just as happy if I moved to my spouses country in Indonesia as I would if she moved here. We have no intention of going through the dragged out appeal process and the strain it will cause of being apart from each other. I am Canadian born and raised, but will not hesitate to walk away from Canada should they reject my wife.
Don't worry you will get this approved. Just do what you need to do. All the best.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
juwelsingh said:
Dear Sir,

hello hasan and farhanna please help me out i got this email just couple of days ago what that mean actually
here its is

Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

This application was queued for interview and is currently pending the interview to be scheduled based on the date the application was received. The Interview Queue Letter was resent on 22 Jan 2016. Once an interview date is scheduled, the applicant will receive an appointment/interview letter approximately four weeks before the interview date. Please refer to the Interview Queue Letter for further information.

We are striving to make the processing of our applications as efficient as possible. Please note that changes in the volume of new applications received, annual quotas and the resources available to process them, can lead to longer processing times. Furthermore, some applications, owing to their complexity, take longer to process than others.

Information on application processing times can be found here. Please note that processing times are calculated from the date the application is received at the Singapore immigration office.
This letter indicates that your interview will be scheduled in the near future. But they will give you at least four weeks time for preparation. Get your GCMS notes and see if there are any red flags. Send them relationship proofs as much as possible. Prepare yourself well in advance. That's it.

All the best.

Hasan