Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
sam54562 said:
Dear Hasan,

You think it is wise to take extra person with you in the interview? IMO I wouldn't take nobody with me but prepare everyone in my family and expect a phone call from them. Cause I think it's less nerve racking to talk on the phone than face to face.
Dear Sam, You are absolutely right!

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
sam54562 said:
Dear Farhana,

Isn't the interview waiting time varies depending on the Visa office? New Delhi can have higher or lower waiting time than Singapore I think.
Hello Sam,
If you question about taking a person with applicant interview is wise or not wise. To me I got help from this. I went with my father only accompany me. I never think they took my father interview. I was nervous that time. But if they talk with them face to face its really good.

My application has two big red flag first one my remarriage and second is my quick marriage with him. To every lawyer my case is very difficult it’s not easy.

My first point when they talk with my father they understand my marriage is genuine and when they saw every cross check is match that’s mean no marriage fraud.

My second point cross check is common. Now a day they cross check over phone. My one question to Sam if anyone marriage is genuine why people bring someone with them feels afraid?

Now a day the whole application processing time 17 month for all country. I see in this form 2015 applicant get their interview email within 11 month and the visa office is Singapore.

Priya husband application already passed 14 month than how New Delhi faster than Singapore. If she did not get any interview email she can Email New Delhi.

Sam you do a great job for people and I really appreciate it. Hope you will soon book a plane ticket and soon your wife will come in Canada.

Regards
Farhana

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
Hasan9999 said:
Dear Sam, You are absolutely right!
Dear Hasan,

One more thing. When you do mock interview with your wife please try to involve as many family members possible. They are calling parents from both sides (you+spouse) but what if they started calling your and/or her siblings? If I were you I would have share all the information within both the families (My+Spouse) specially what were mentioned in the immigration forms. I know it sounds silly but its more like a interrogation than a interview to me based on SUMU AND FARHANA's experience.

I hope your one will be easier like me but I have to say my mother in law did exceptionally well with her phone cross exam. We didnt expect they will call anybody beside me the sponsor but they did call my mother in law for 4-5 minutes and ask basic questions. She was cooking that time but credit goes to her cause she handled it really well.

So tell your family from both side to be prepared and expect the phone call. Same thing goes with your spouse too. I hope it wont be necessary but if you plan ahead, things becomes much more easier.

Hope it helps.....

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
farhana766 said:
Hello Sam,
If you question about taking a person with applicant interview is wise or not wise. To me I got help from this. I went with my father only accompany me. I never think they took my father interview. I was nervous that time. But if they talk with them face to face its really good.

My application has two big red flag first one my remarriage and second is my quick marriage with him. To every lawyer my case is very difficult it’s not easy.

My first point when they talk with my father they understand my marriage is genuine and when they saw every cross check is match that’s mean no marriage fraud.

My second point cross check is common. Now a day they cross check over phone. My one question to Sam if anyone marriage is genuine why people bring someone with them feels afraid?

Now a day the whole application processing time 17 month for all country. I see in this form 2015 applicant get their interview email within 11 month and the visa office is Singapore.

Priya husband application already passed 14 month than how New Delhi faster than Singapore. If she did not get any interview email she can Email New Delhi.

Sam you do a great job for people and I really appreciate it. Hope you will soon book a plane ticket and soon your wife will come in Canada.

Regards
Farhana

Dear Farhana,

As per my understanding 17 months is the general timeline for all applicants. It varies from different visa offices.

This is what I find from CIC website:

Why did processing times information change?

Prior to December 31, 2015, processing times for many of our services were displayed by visa office. This was useful when applications for permanent or temporary residence were always processed by the nearest visa office. However, we now have the ability to move applications around our global network to ensure they are processed as efficiently as possible. This means your application may not be processed at the office closest to where you live.

For many services, instead of asking about your nearest visa office, you are now asked for your country of residence. This provides you with a more accurate processing time. For other services, you may see a single processing time, no matter where you live. This is our commitment to process applications within that time. These processing times are updated on a weekly basis.

In addition, we redesigned the layout to be mobile friendly so that you can get the information you need anytime, on any device.

Why are there differences in processing times among regions and offices?

Visa offices face different challenges operating in different countries and regions, and even in different offices within the same region. Various factors can affect the time it takes to process applications, including:

the number of applications received;
the resources at an office;
the length of time an applicant takes to respond to requests for information;
the need for medical and security screening; and
differences in mail service.

Hope it help others to get an idea how it works.....

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
farhana766 said:
Hello Sam,

Regards
Farhana

Dear Farhana,

I am not against cross checking I just dont want to face it cause I am a nervous person. I would still recommend people to make your both family members well informed and expect a phone call during the interview and/or later on. I know my dad is 10 times worst than me to deal with the interview so it will make my case more harder.

Its not about being genuine, its more about the mindset of family members. If our mom and dad is kind of shy or conservative, it will be a challenge for them cause most of them will face interview for the first time in life. And you know one minor discrepancies can cause HAVOC.

I am saying these based on my personality. One should know better how there mom and dad / mom in law and dad in law will do in the interview. If it makes them stronger, take them by all means. But if it creates more issues , I WOULD RECOMMEND TO LET THEM STAY IN THEIR LIVING ROOM WITH PHONE AND IMMIGRATION FORMS LYING IN FRONT OF THEM.

But regardless, preparation + mock interview is the bottom line for any success in the interview.

Hope it helps...

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
sam54562 said:
Dear Farhana,

I am not against cross checking I just dont want to face it cause I am a nervous person. I would still recommend people to make your both family members well informed and expect a phone call during the interview and/or later on. I know my dad is 10 times worst than me to deal with the interview so it will make my case more harder.

Its not about being genuine, its more about the mindset of family members. If our mom and dad is kind of shy or conservative, it will be a challenge for them cause most of them will face interview for the first time in life. And you know one minor discrepancies can cause HAVOC.

I am saying these based on my personality. One should know better how there mom and dad / mom in law and dad in law will do in the interview. If it makes them stronger, take them by all means. But if it creates more issues , I WOULD RECOMMEND TO LET THEM STAY IN THEIR LIVING ROOM WITH PHONE AND IMMIGRATION FORMS LYING IN FRONT OF THEM.

But regardless, preparation + mock interview is the bottom line for any success in the interview.

Hope it helps...

Hello Sam,
I am agreeing with you what you write in it. In the same way I just want to say if your parents can strength to face the interview you can bring them. If it make your interview harder than it will wise not to bring any one. But if it is make your case easy to bring with you someone you can do it.

I know Summu application get hard because of her two cross check did not match. I know in my case if my cross check is not match I will fall in great trouble and maybe I refuse.

I am also agree with Sam that all family member should know what you write in your form because immigration officer ask only what you write in your application form.

Regards
Farhana

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
sam54562 said:
Dear Hasan,

One more thing. When you do mock interview with your wife please try to involve as many family members possible. They are calling parents from both sides (you+spouse) but what if they started calling your and/or her siblings? If I were you I would have share all the information within both the families (My+Spouse) specially what were mentioned in the immigration forms. I know it sounds silly but its more like a interrogation than a interview to me based on SUMU AND FARHANA's experience.

I hope your one will be easier like me but I have to say my mother in law did exceptionally well with her phone cross exam. We didnt expect they will call anybody beside me the sponsor but they did call my mother in law for 4-5 minutes and ask basic questions. She was cooking that time but credit goes to her cause she handled it really well.

So tell your family from both side to be prepared and expect the phone call. Same thing goes with your spouse too. I hope it wont be necessary but if you plan ahead, things becomes much more easier.

Hope it helps.....
Dear Sam, Thanks for your effective advice. Yes I think they might cross check vital facts with spouse, In Laws, Brothers & Sister(?), adult children and parents. Your ideas such as 'Mock Interview', possible questions and answers practice with family members are really very good.

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
Hasan9999 said:
Dear Sam, Thanks for your effective advice. Yes I think they might cross check vital facts with spouse, In Laws, Brothers & Sister(?), adult children and parents. Your ideas such as 'Mock Interview', possible questions and answers practice with family members are really very good.
Dear Hasan,

Anytime. it did work for me (the mock interview). I involve myself, my spouse, mom in law, brother in law + his wife and my dad. We all took turn and role play as the Visa Officer and my spouse was the candidate. I also involve 3 family friends from Canada who did mock interview on phone with her in English and I act as the interpreter. My sister also used to call her in weird times from Canada and ask her questions so that she can answer unprepared. We even video record every interview sessions (1.5 hrs to 2 hrs each) so that my spouse can work on her body language and rectify her mistakes. Though we didnt need any of those preparation but its always better to be 100% prepared.

I am really hoping your interview will be an easy one. But still put 100% for preparation cause you never know......

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
Dear Friends,

My spouse's application status just changed today to "DECISION MADE". Hope she will get the request for submitting the passport soon.

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
Dear Farhana,

Any update on your application status?

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
Dear Sumu,

Any news or updates so far?????

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
Dear Rumu,

I hope you are doing good. Any updates from Singapore?

sumu28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
File Transfer...
29th august 2014
Interview........
14th march 2016 ..refused on 2th may 2016
Passport Req..
very soon InshaAllah
VISA ISSUED...
very soon InshaAllah
LANDED..........
very soon InshaAllah
sam54562 said:
Dear Sumu,

Any news or updates so far?????
no updates :(

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
sam54562 said:
DEAR HASAN9999,

I dont know how are you doing, where are you or WHO ARE YOU but I am grateful to you for what you have contributed to this thread. THANKS A MILLION!!!!! You posted so many valuable informations which helped 1000000s of people like me. I respect your effort and I truly hope there's more people like you who gives more and takes less to the society. I truly believe you will get everything what you want in your life and people will pray for you. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY PRAYERS...

TAKE CARE AND KEEP UP THE GOOD GOOD WORK.

Stay blessed,

Dear Sam, special thanks to you and Farhana to keep this thread very interesting and useful to the forum members who are really under tremendous mental stress on a day to day basis. You guys are helping people here with your wonderful advice. Hope everyone here would see the light at the end of the tunnel eventually. All the best.