June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
profiler said:
At the present velocity, you might not be waiting long. They have resumed the rubber stamping for 2015/2016 applications.
Hi Profiler,

What is the meaning of rubber stamping?
Also , we recieved the PCC request on august 10 , so is it possible that our application is part of the inventory reduction program or it might not be?because from what I have read on this forum , all of those who have recieved pcc request on june 17 or aug 10 are part of the SIR!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RV23 said:
Hi Profiler,

What is the meaning of rubber stamping?
Also , we recieved the PCC request on august 10 , so is it possible that our application is part of the inventory reduction program or it might not be?because from what I have read on this forum , all of those who have recieved pcc request on june 17 or aug 10 are part of the SIR!
It's an idiom: if someone rubber-stamps a decision or a plan, they give it official approval, often without thinking about it enough Usage notes: If someone official has examined a document, they often put a special mark on it using a rubber stamp (= a small printing device made of rubber).

The document request indicates you are in a SIR group most likely. Did you do your medical? That will be what assigns the priority for you...

Oct 12, 2016
profiler said:
Hard to say, they may accept one sheet with both there. Having the native is crucial.

If they return it should be in under a month. If you get an acknowldgement, its fine. If returned, then OWP will be returned too.
@Profiler Thank you ! Now I have learned the mistake. I also used blue ink instead of black ink in this form, so I think they will return my application for sure :'(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Chasingthestarts said:
@Profiler Thank you ! Now I have learned the mistake. I also used blue ink instead of black ink in this form, so I think they will return my application for sure :'(
I'm not convinced they will return it for using blue ink. But that said, you still don't know if they will return it or not. So, assume they won't :)

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
For those watching eagerly to see if my crystal ball is correct, I just noticed that an applicant from Feb 2015 who had a Document request from one of the dates I associated to the 'waves' (including a PCC; The request was June 17) will be landing Oct 17.

EDIT: I see 7 landings in the next week all having June 16-17 document requests.

@polarvolcano: I hope you have your landing party planned! If you had your medical done already, that is!
Medical was sent with the original app. Appreciate the good wishes from you but I'm not overly optimistic considering Spousal Approval has not even started as of Sept. I think I would have received such a letter by now if I was landing on Oct 17. Still hope you're right though.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
profiler said:
It's an idiom: if someone rubber-stamps a decision or a plan, they give it official approval, often without thinking about it enough Usage notes: If someone official has examined a document, they often put a special mark on it using a rubber stamp (= a small printing device made of rubber).

The document request indicates you are in a SIR group most likely. Did you do your medical? That will be what assigns the priority for you...
Alright thanks! We did it in October 2015 , dont know if they would consider it or not!

Also we talked to a cic agent and she told us that since we got the PCC that means the sponsor approval process is completed as she said PCC of the applicant is generally requested after the sponsor approval. But today we called again and there was another agent who told us that sponsor and sponsored approval takes place at the same time. What do you think which one is correct!! This is so confusing!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RV23 said:
Alright thanks! We did it in October 2015 , dont know if they would consider it or not!

Also we talked to a cic agent and she told us that since we got the PCC that means the sponsor approval process is completed as she said PCC of the applicant is generally requested after the sponsor approval. But today we called again and there was another agent who told us that sponsor and sponsored approval takes place at the same time. What do you think which one is correct!! This is so confusing!
My wife's was done 10-30-2015. They only accepted it as passed a few days ago...

I think they have worked out a new process that they used during the Syrian Refugee processing that they have applied here. They are using scatter method to complete the processing of applications. I believe the CPC-V already completed admissibility and security (for those in the aug 10 swoth I think they are working on finalising us now). CPC-M is also utilising agents in Canadian VO's who have time to churn through applications.

The new statistics are out for CIC. See: http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/ad975a26-df23-456a-8ada-756191a23695

Last quarter they closed 14,610 spousal applications! The quarter before was 11,203.

annie-tomed

Sep 6, 2016
Hi Profiler, I've been reading lots of your posts, great contribution! Thanks for all your insights :)

I'm April 2016 inland applicant and I received a request for a 2nd PCC on August 10th (as many of us, the original sent with app was still OK and they said they didn't receive it). I sent the original in September and my CIC always shows the same, medical passed, background check in process.

I just called CIC and they told me my sponsor hasn't still been approved, they said we're still in the first stage but we're inside the 16 months processing time for sponsor approval. So according to this, they still have until Sept 2017 to approve him. I don't see any trend or pattern, it's all really a matter of patience and occupying our time with something else :D

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
annie-tomed said:
Hi Profiler, I've been reading lots of your posts, great contribution! Thanks for all your insights :)

I'm April 2016 inland applicant and I received a request for a 2nd PCC on August 10th (as many of us, the original sent with app was still OK and they said they didn't receive it). I sent the original in September and my CIC always shows the same, medical passed, background check in process.

I just called CIC and they told me my sponsor hasn't still been approved, they said we're still in the first stage but we're inside the 16 months processing time for sponsor approval. So according to this, they still have until Sept 2017 to approve him. I don't see any trend or pattern, it's all really a matter of patience and occupying our time with something else :D
Thanks... I am not surprised. Have you looked at the inland spreadsheet lately by chance?

grapepai

Sep 13, 2016
profiler said:
You were part of the mass mail that went out on June 17 for people who are part of the SIR :). The note you pasted above proves it. I would be keen to know if you land before Nov 17.

To add yourself to the spreadsheet, there is a tab on the left: "New Entry and Update". Just add your details there

Why Nov.17?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
annie-tomed said:
Yes, but I don't see much consistency in the data. It looks pretty random, doesn't it?
In this case, if you limit the acope to those receiving document requests after June 13, and you apply a linear regression against the dates, and you add a best fit line, you can see what the average time from document request to landing is currently 3 months.

Now, I agree that the data may be inconsistent, but if you accept a range, 1-4 months, pretty much all the cases are landed.

CIC's call centre reps are not always correct. They don't want to do anything if you are within the posted time (which is wrong also, from CIC's own open statistics). But returning to the same dataset I mentioned above, you can see AOR to landing (no SA, no AIP, no DM) as of late. And it is possible for them to fo this, given their SIR program.

You don't have to accept this at all. But I developed civil engineering applications that, if you have ever used a road or flown in a plane, you've inadvertently benefitted from. That applications is used worldwide and by the World Bank.

Just like the mess of data in the spreadsheet, applications I used to build would take data points collected by road personnel, verify that the data is in line with previously accepted runs, and would perform evalution on that data for quality and roughness. That was finding order in 18million data points, not a few hundred.

I provide that so you may understand where my opinon comes from.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
grapepai said:
Why Nov.17?
Nov 17 gives them a full 4 months (plus a little for error..like thanksgiving offices not open)

annie-tomed

Sep 6, 2016
profiler said:
In this case, if you limit the acope to those receiving document requests after June 13, and you apply a linear regression against the dates, and you add a best fit line, you can see what the average time from document request to landing is currently 3 months.

Now, I agree that the data may be inconsistent, but if you accept a range, 1-4 months, pretty much all the cases are landed.

CIC's call centre reps are not always correct. They don't want to do anything if you are within the posted time (which is wrong also, from CIC's own open statistics). But returning to the same dataset I mentioned above, you can see AOR to landing (no SA, no AIP, no DM) as of late. And it is possible for them to fo this, given their SIR program.

You don't have to accept this at all. But I developed civil engineering applications that, if you have ever used a road or flown in a plane, you've inadvertently benefitted from. That applications is used worldwide and by the World Bank.

Just like the mess of data in the spreadsheet, applications I used to build would take data points collected by road personnel, verify that the data is in line with previously accepted runs, and would perform evalution on that data for quality and roughness. That was finding order in 18million data points, not a few hundred.

I provide that so you may understand where my opinon comes from.
Yes, I get your point, thanks for the explanation though, sounds really interesting!

I know they're not always correct, but we're really surprised he still hasn't been approved. Anyways, we ordered the notes and we should receive them by Oct 20th, so we'll see if there's something going on or this is just the normal processing time. I wanted to go see some relatives during the first months of 2017 but I don't want to risk the application, the agent told me "Canada is no jail ma'am, but it is always a risk". So I'll just stay here for the sake of this long process :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
annie-tomed said:
Yes, I get your point, thanks for the explanation though, sounds really interesting!

I know they're not always correct, but we're really surprised he still hasn't been approved. Anyways, we ordered the notes and we should receive them by Oct 20th, so we'll see if there's something going on or this is just the normal processing time. I wanted to go see some relatives during the first months of 2017 but I don't want to risk the application, the agent told me "Canada is no jail ma'am, but it is always a risk". So I'll just stay here for the sake of this long process :)
My wife as well. We feel your pain.

My wife saw my analysis, told me I was crazy (with a big smile on her face), and told me she won't believe me until she has her COPR in hand.

So I am used to having to explain ;).

As I tell others, take it with a grain. I really hate to be wrong...so I wasn't going to mention it, but I need everyone to help prove it by reporting if/when they land..