Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I am sponsoring my husband, inland spousal sponsorship and we applied on Dec 8,2015 and started processing on January 14,2016. We are using an immigration lawyer been doing everything to make a story short we got pcc request in June 22,2016 and our ecase been modified on September 25,2016. I am curious are we in the SIR program and one more thing I guess I am approve as s sponsor because in June 22016 they asked for pcc our layer is like everything going good

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Should I at all be worried that my husbands application still says "application received" when I check its status online? We applied July 20th 2016. :-\

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@Guyana girl welcome to the club it takes time just check ecase from time to time and pray alot

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
carolbb23 said:
@Guyana girl welcome to the club it takes time just check ecase from time to time and pray alot
Thank you! I just try and hope for the best and pray too. I don't check the status very often, maybe once a month or so.
I should have avoided checking the wait times for Outland applications as well (10mths for my home country) ....so as you can imagine I'm a little annoyed that time keeps going down and inland just sits there.

marsbars

Sep 23, 2016
hey,
So I am going to be sponsoring my spouse end of this month, most likely submit an application in November. He had applied for OINP back in February and has been working for the past 3 years. His work permit expired in June 2016 but he had implied status until September when his extension for the work permit got denied. His status is now visitor (his visitor visa is currently pending). My question is that when we apply for the in-land sponsorship and OWP, after he gets his visitor status, will he get implied status to work? or will he have to wait until he gets the OWP?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@Guyanagirl me to i used to look twice,a day now it's once a day. we are doing inland so my husband lawyer was like do not drive your self crazy let me do my job. They do not understand it you past present and future justhe hang in when they ask for pcc it's a good thing. as long in ecase it says in process in all 5 categories line 2 says in proccessence and line 3 says medical results received it is all good in 5 catorgories

annie-tomed

Sep 6, 2016
profiler said:
My wife as well. We feel your pain.

My wife saw my analysis, told me I was crazy (with a big smile on her face), and told me she won't believe me until she has her COPR in hand.

So I am used to having to explain ;).

As I tell others, take it with a grain. I really hate to be wrong...so I wasn't going to mention it, but I need everyone to help prove it by reporting if/when they land..
Thank you, and don't worry, we're all pretty crazy to start this. It could be worse though, Canada does not have the longest processing times for this or for citizenship so it will be OK. (And who doesn't hate to be wrong?) Cheers!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Should I at all be worried that my husbands application still says "application received" when I check its status online? We applied July 20th 2016. :-\
Nope. My wife's says the same and they received March 2.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
I am sponsoring my husband, inland spousal sponsorship and we applied on Dec 8,2015 and started processing on January 14,2016. We are using an immigration lawyer been doing everything to make a story short we got pcc request in June 22,2016 and our ecase been modified on September 25,2016. I am curious are we in the SIR program and one more thing I guess I am approve as s sponsor because in June 22016 they asked for pcc our layer is like everything going good
It's hard to say. While it's possible, it sounds like you might still be processed in the conventional way. Did you try to order GCMS notes? That will tell you for sure..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Thank you! I just try and hope for the best and pray too. I don't check the status very often, maybe once a month or so.
I should have avoided checking the wait times for Outland applications as well (10mths for my home country) ....so as you can imagine I'm a little annoyed that time keeps going down and inland just sits there.
If I am right....big if... but if I am, our app should ne approved by december. Meaning we took 10mos, and she got to work for 6 of it...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
marsbars said:
hey,
So I am going to be sponsoring my spouse end of this month, most likely submit an application in November. He had applied for OINP back in February and has been working for the past 3 years. His work permit expired in June 2016 but he had implied status until September when his extension for the work permit got denied. His status is now visitor (his visitor visa is currently pending). My question is that when we apply for the in-land sponsorship and OWP, after he gets his visitor status, will he get implied status to work? or will he have to wait until he gets the OWP?
Are you sure he can work under implied status? I thought implied simply meant he didn't have to leave...

EDIT: I was not correct in my assumption. This is what CIC says about work permits and implied status:
If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph 186(u) and section 189 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply only as long as the person remains in Canada.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
profiler said:
My wife's was done 10-30-2015. They only accepted it as passed a few days ago...

I think they have worked out a new process that they used during the Syrian Refugee processing that they have applied here. They are using scatter method to complete the processing of applications. I believe the CPC-V already completed admissibility and security (for those in the aug 10 swoth I think they are working on finalising us now). CPC-M is also utilising agents in Canadian VO's who have time to churn through applications.

The new statistics are out for CIC. See: http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/ad975a26-df23-456a-8ada-756191a23695

Last quarter they closed 14,610 spousal applications! The quarter before was 11,203.
Thats good. Thanks Profiler!!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@profiler the lawyer, is taking care of that part and she talks more to my husband than me and my husband brother dealt with her 20 years ago and people we know dealt with her my hubby pcc is clean. And my husband country is Portugal so it is copr or visa exempt I talk cic last month and the agent told me in september someone working on it and each time they doNE something they modified or some if them do not brother. and Guyana girl it 9 or 11 months

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
Are you sure he can work under implied status? I thought implied simply meant he didn't have to leave...

EDIT: I was not correct in my assumption. This is what CIC says about work permits and implied status:
If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph 186(u) and section 189 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply only as long as the person remains in Canada.
However, that implied status in this case has already come and gone.
The spouse's implied status as a worker expired once the application for the work permit was denied (i.e. a decision was made). They will have to wait until they receive the OWP before they can work again.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
However, that implied status in this case has already come and gone.
The spouse's implied status as a worker expired once the application for the work permit was denied (i.e. a decision was made). They will have to wait until they receive the OWP before they can work again.
Right. I was more focused on the time between application to extend and denial.. my bad. Shoulda been clearer.