June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
profiler said:
OWP only allows you to stay in Canada. It does't permit you to cross the border. For that you need a TRV/Visitor Visa/eTA (if you are from a non-visa requiring country).

The problem is the CBSA could refuse you re-entry for whatever reason. If they did that, then CIC could deem your application abandoned. They will permit a month or less in terms of travel, but the problem lies with the objectivity of the CBSA officer.
Oh ok !! Thanks

I just asked this question because one of our friends had also applied for inland spousal in march 2016 itself and they have travelled to USA for more than 3 times since his wife got the open work permit and visitor visa and they didnt face any issues in travelling.anyway so we will then just wait for the pr hoping to get it soon.!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RV23 said:
Oh ok !! Thanks

I just asked this question because one of our friends had also applied for inland spousal in march 2016 itself and they have travelled to USA for more than 3 times since his wife got the open work permit and visitor visa and they didnt face any issues in travelling.anyway so we will then just wait for the pr hoping to get it soon.!
If you look through the operation guides that I pasted links to, you'll find a sub-section on leaving the country. It effectively says the same thing. It's up to the CBSA officer that is examining to decide if they will permit entry or not.

MariaCoco13

Jun 15, 2016
Hi,

I just got my FBI fingerprints results. How can I send this document for my already submitted paper application? It doesn't give me the option to upload it online.

Thank you! :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MariaCoco13 said:
Hi,

I just got my FBI fingerprints results. How can I send this document for my already submitted paper application? It doesn't give me the option to upload it online.

Thank you! :)
You can scan and upload to CSE (after you create a message -- the second page asks if you have any documents to send), or using myCIC. You will need an application number for CSE.

I would also send the original via courier to CPC-M.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
For those watching eagerly to see if my crystal ball is correct, I just noticed that an applicant from Feb 2015 who had a Document request from one of the dates I associated to the 'waves' (including a PCC; The request was June 17) will be landing Oct 17.

EDIT: I see 7 landings in the next week all having June 16-17 document requests.

@polarvolcano: I hope you have your landing party planned! If you had your medical done already, that is!

matthars

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
20-APR-2016
Med's Request
16-MAR-2017
Med's Done....
07-APR-2017
Interview........
17-MAY-2017
LANDED..........
22-JUN-2017
profiler said:
For those watching eagerly to see if my crystal ball is correct, I just noticed that an applicant from Feb 2015 who had a Document request from one of the dates I associated to the 'waves' (including a PCC; The request was June 17) will be landing Oct 17.

EDIT: I see 7 landings in the next week all having June 16-17 document requests.

@polarvolcano: I hope you have your landing party planned!
Interesting theory. What are your thoughts on the impact of up-front medical vs not on it?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
matthars said:
Interesting theory. What are your thoughts on the impact of up-front medical vs not on it?
I applied a linear regression to the details in the spreadsheet.

The upfront medical will absolutely have an impact because they are trying to prioritise cases based on expiration dates of Passports and Medicals. That's why I shared my wife's medical completion date (it will expire Oct 30). If a medical has yet to be completed, then the case loses priority to others. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp 2 File Management.

matthars

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
20-APR-2016
Med's Request
16-MAR-2017
Med's Done....
07-APR-2017
Interview........
17-MAY-2017
LANDED..........
22-JUN-2017
profiler said:
I applied a linear regression to the details in the spreadsheet.

The upfront medical will absolutely have an impact because they are trying to prioritise cases based on expiration dates of Passports and Medicals. That's why I shared my wife's medical completion date (it will expire Oct 30). If a medical has yet to be completed, then the case loses priority to others. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp 2 File Management.
Yes this makes sense. We have yet to complete the medical.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
matthars said:
Yes this makes sense. We have yet to complete the medical.
When they ask for it -- do it ASAP. You could even do it now. This program isn't expected to go away, so you might be picked up in the next wave of grouping.

MariaCoco13

Jun 15, 2016
profiler said:
You can scan and upload to CSE (after you create a message -- the second page asks if you have any documents to send), or using myCIC. You will need an application number for CSE.

I would also send the original via courier to CPC-M.
Excuse my ignorance but what's CSE and CPC-M? :) thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MariaCoco13 said:
Excuse my ignorance but what's CSE and CPC-M? :) thank you
CSE is Case Specific Enquiry
CPC-M is Case Processing Centre - Mississauga.

oliver3575

Aug 3, 2016
RV23 said:
Hi ,

Has anybody travelled to Outside Canada while being on open work permit with the file being in process, do you think it's safe to travel on an open work permit?
I am from the US and I just traveled last week with mine and had no issues at all. It is a risk, but if you have nothing else that makes you inadmissible and are traveling with all your documents you should have no problems. I also traveled almost once every three months with my prior work permits and never had an issue then. Of course, there is always a risk but I deem it to be a pretty small risk if you have nothing else that makes you inadmissible and are traveling with all your documents.

RAConop

Sep 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2016
AOR Received.
July 12, 2016
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
October 2016
profiler said:
No that just indicates you are waiting for FC PR. To get OHIP you need AIP or a letter from your employer that states they intend to employ you for at least 6 months. Either case has a 90 day wait from when you apply
Thanks Profiler! Guess I just have to wait and wait then! :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RAConop said:
Thanks Profiler! Guess I just have to wait and wait then! :)
At the present velocity, you might not be waiting long. They have resumed the rubber stamping for 2015/2016 applications.