Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Kjaggikaur said:
@Ringlands : Really!! I guess we are too an inch closer to it now. Being really hopeful and patient too!!Wish you good luck
ill let you know if/when i hear anything about work permit and if you could do the same that would be great! i got my hopes up when ALAM got their OWP because we had the same timeline by OWP never showed :'(

oliver3575

Aug 3, 2016
Question for those of you who have gotten your OWP in the mail already. According to CIC mine was approved and mailed to me August 02. I am in Edmonton and I still have not received it in the mail so I am getting a little worried. My question is, was the OWP mailed in an 8 1/2 x 11 envelope? Or was it folded like a normal letter? I am almost certain mine should have been here already, especially if it was mailed from Vegreville which is in AB. When I called CIC this morning to verify they sent it to the correct address I asked if it was sent from Vegreville or Mississauga to which be replied "why is that of concern to you?" WELL SIR, that little OWP is my lifeline so it is of GREAT concern to me as to where it is :mad: anywho, any input would be great. Thanks!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
oliver3575 said:
Question for those of you who have gotten your OWP in the mail already. According to CIC mine was approved and mailed to me August 02. I am in Edmonton and I still have not received it in the mail so I am getting a little worried. My question is, was the OWP mailed in an 8 1/2 x 11 envelope? Or was it folded like a normal letter? I am almost certain mine should have been here already, especially if it was mailed from Vegreville which is in AB. When I called CIC this morning to verify they sent it to the correct address I asked if it was sent from Vegreville or Mississauga to which be replied "why is that of concern to you?" WELL SIR, that little OWP is my lifeline so it is of GREAT concern to me as to where it is :mad: anywho, any input would be great. Thanks!!
8-1/2 x 11" folded once (in half). Brown envelope that says clearly "Citizenship and Immigration Canada" on the outside. About the size of an insurance policy envelope.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
Canad1anAl1en said:
I hate to do this, but I feel I must state it, it was said when the program was implemented straightforward in THEIR (IRCC's) eyes applications would be streamlined. Any applications that has something unusual, or is not just a "rubber-stamp" Spousal application which has no doubts on the relationship, again in their eyes, would still go through traditional processing with the resulting times. An earlier poster said EVERY application was in the program, I double-checked...that is not the case.

I'm sorry to have to be the one that says this, but it is the case.

The annoying thing is personally you have no clue which category you are in.
It was me saying "EVERY application". To clarify, I thought it's already implied that the app should be straightforward. Also, I think I should rephrase: all of the PCC requests were made to people that applied before June 13th. I am sorry for the confusion, didn't mean to give anyone false information. :-[

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
My PCC certified true copy including the explanation letter are already delivered at CPC-Vegreville AB.

I followed the instructions on the email on how to respond and my explanation is based on their statement that they don't have the record of my PCC. I'll just wait for the outcome.

Thank you guys for sharing different information regarding this PCC issue.

jahanzaibkh

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
polarvolcano said:
The Pakistan outland processing time is so slow (25 months) that you might as well just do it inland if you can get her a visitor visa. Doesn't seem like those ties are very strong anyway considering you plan on breaking all of them with either of your options. With implied status you can stay in Canada. The visitor visa is 10-year, with 6 months at a time. People are getting their OWP in 4-5 months, so it sounds like a good option. Make sure she gets a PCC, birth certificate, all that stuff before she leaves so you don't have to try and get it from the embassy later.
Thanks for the answer. It is really very helpful. Can you please tell how to get 10 year visitor visa with 6 months each?

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
jahanzaibkh said:
Thanks for the answer. It is really very helpful. Can you please tell how to get 10 year visitor visa with 6 months each?
Unless there is some news or conditions that I am not aware of, the default visitor visa to Canada is multi-entry, valid for up to 10 years (or the validity of the passport) with 6-month maximum stay. And they recently (2014) changed the price from 150CAD to 100CAD for such a visa. You can apply online. Go to the cic main website, and do the whole 'what do you want to do in Canada' blah blah blah questionnaire. Easy stuff.

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Hello

I need assistance on one question. I am in process of applying for spouse. I came to Canada in 2013 and I attended program from new comer settlement organization. That program was funded by government as grant. Everyone received money during that program and I got paid 850/month for 3 month. On my 2013 tax return it shows as line no 145 as a social assistance payment. Currently I am working full-time with good job and bank balance. I never got any assistance from government except EI for 1.5 month. Does my 2013 situation make me ineligible to sponsor my spouse? Please help me on it.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
makpan said:
Hello

I need assistance on one question. I am in process of applying for spouse. I came to Canada in 2013 and I attended program from new comer settlement organization. That program was funded by government as grant. Everyone received money during that program and I got paid 850/month for 3 month. On my 2013 tax return it shows as line no 145 as a social assistance payment. Currently I am working full-time with good job and bank balance. I never got any assistance from government except EI for 1.5 month. Does my 2013 situation make me ineligible to sponsor my spouse? Please help me on it.
They only ask for the last tax year Option C printout anyway and you aren't currently receiving social assistance. You're fine.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
maria_mirabela said:
It was me saying "EVERY application". To clarify, I thought it's already implied that the app should be straightforward. Also, I think I should rephrase: all of the PCC requests were made to people that applied before June 13th. I am sorry for the confusion, didn't mean to give anyone false information. :-[
You didn't give anyone false information Maria, I just think in the "excitement" and "buzz" of the streamlining, this important fact was forgotten by applicants. It was never a certainty who would get in the program....fair or not. Also thank you for again clarifying anyone who's application date is after June 13th is beyond the programs cut-off.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Ringlands said:
ill let you know if/when i hear anything about work permit and if you could do the same that would be great! i got my hopes up when ALAM got their OWP because we had the same timeline by OWP never showed :'(
Hi ringlands, I'm confused here fella, according to the spreadsheet, ALAM application date is April 4th....yours is May 11th (or have I misread, wouldn't be the first time). I'm watching YOU for my OWP as I'm 3 weeks after you in timeframe and we are both UK and you are an active member of the thread and I knew you would update when you get it...so when you said the above....I thought..that can't be right?

I expected your OWP about the beginning of Sept?

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Canad1anAl1en said:
Hi ringlands, I'm confused here fella, according to the spreadsheet, ALAM application date is April 4th....yours is May 11th (or have I misread, wouldn't be the first time). I'm watching YOU for my OWP as I'm 3 weeks after you in timeframe and we are both UK and you are an active member of the thread and I knew you would update when you get it...so when you said the above....I thought..that can't be right?

I expected your OWP about the beginning of Sept?
Hi Canadian Alien, my bad, i didnt look properly as we got an AOR in my sponsor's email on 17th May and one in my email on 7th June and on the spreadsheet Alam got an AOR on the 17th May so linked those 2 dates together. Thanks for pointing that out though as i was bummed when i went to check the PO box and there was no OWP thinking it'd be there. ill post asap on here when i get it. as a side note what part of the UK are you from? I'm from lincolnshire.

Alam EIT

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Ringlands said:
call CIC.