14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
Phoenix246 said:
Hello everyone. Just wondering how do i link my application online( my husband's application, i'm the sponsor? I tried different combinations already. Im a Jan. 2016 applicant. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
ugh! I tried everything too with no avail. I just ended up calling CIC an requesting all the documents I sent
and the CIC notes under the privacy act .. might take a while but atleast ill be able to see what they've done
or changed.
When I called I asked the rep which passport she has on file so I can link my husbands app because they requested I send his new one but they are never any help at all...
request your application copies maybe it will help

Phoenix246

May 4, 2016
sheisoptimistic said:
ugh! I tried everything too with no avail. I just ended up calling CIC an requesting all the documents I sent
and the CIC notes under the privacy act .. might take a while but atleast ill be able to see what they've done
or changed.
When I called I asked the rep which passport she has on file so I can link my husbands app because they requested I send his new one but they are never any help at all...
request your application copies maybe it will help
If I asked for the copies, I can now link the application?

Phoenix246

May 4, 2016
german97 said:
Did you try entering the number of people in the application as 2? You count the sponsor and the applicant, obviously if you have children you would add them in as well. Zumbagirl posted earlier about this and it worked for me right away!
Thank you. JUst a question though, our daughter is born here in cannada (im not sponsoring her) does this mean the number of people is only 2?

german97

Dec 3, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Phoenix246 said:
Thank you. JUst a question though, our daughter is born here in cannada (im not sponsoring her) does this mean the number of people is only 2?
Yes it would only be two, you and your husband. But if that still doesn't work try 3 as well you never know what they could have done on their end!

jahanzaibkh

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
Hello guys,

I have a few questions for my spouse application that I think some one can answer here.

I am a Canadian PR. I am now planning to apply for my wife sponsorship application. My wife is studying CA in Pakistan and also doing full time job.

There are two choices in front of me.

1)Apply for her as outland applicant and then apply for her visitor visa as sponsorship application takes long time. (I can show strong ties as she is studying and also has job). Then extend his visitor visa as she came here.
What are the chances of getting visitor visa after sending spouse sponsorship application?

2) Apply for her visitor visa and then when she came here ,we apply as inland applicant including his open work permit application. Can she stay here until some decision is made on her open work permit application or she has to apply for extension of her visitor visa to stay in Canada?

Which one is the best choice?

Any one gone through this situation or some one willing to comment on this will be really helpful.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
jahanzaibkh said:
Hello guys,

I have a few questions for my spouse application that I think some one can answer here.

I am a Canadian PR. I am now planning to apply for my wife sponsorship application. My wife is studying CA in Pakistan and also doing full time job.

There are two choices in front of me.

1)Apply for her as outland applicant and then apply for her visitor visa as sponsorship application takes long time. (I can show strong ties as she is studying and also has job). Then extend his visitor visa as she came here.
What are the chances of getting visitor visa after sending spouse sponsorship application?

2) Apply for her visitor visa and then when she came here ,we apply as inland applicant including his open work permit application. Can she stay here until some decision is made on her open work permit application or she has to apply for extension of her visitor visa to stay in Canada?

Which one is the best choice?

Any one gone through this situation or some one willing to comment on this will be really helpful.
OUTLAND: pros
faster processing
applicant can leave and enter Canada without any effect on application
can appeal negative decision

OUTLAND: cons
must maintain visitor status in Canada by renewing extensions
cannot work in Canada
must leave Canada for any interviews to home country if required

INLAND: pros
applicant stay with spouse
you can get OWP in about 4 month
any interviews required will be done within Canada close to your residence

INLAND: cons
longer processing time
cannot leave Canada during processing
cannot appeal on negative decision

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Alam EIT said:
They are randomly asking everyone for PCC.
What is happening actually?
Educated guess, they have reached the cut-off date for completed applications (june 13th) in regards the SIR program, all these applications would need to start processing now to have a chance of being completed, or be a good way into the process by the end of the year (the end of the program). CIC are making sure that when the processing starts, nothing will stop the "assembly line".

With what I know now, I'm actually HAPPY I got the letter, consider under normal processing most of us would only have got AOR by now! I would say, again as a guess, those with that letter are in the stream-lining, and in all probability this is the last batch of the program (I'm basing this on my own application date, 10 days before cut-off).

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
maria_mirabela said:
My guess is they ask everybody having applications submitted before June 13th (the backlog time frame).
I have applied on 29 April'16. No request for any new police certificates or any update of any kind (other than AOR).

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
Educated guess, they have reached the cut-off date for completed applications (june 13th) in regards the SIR program, all these applications would need to start processing now to have a chance of being completed, or be a good way into the process by the end of the year (the end of the program). CIC are making sure that when the processing starts, nothing will stop the "assembly line".

With what I know now, I'm actually HAPPY I got the letter, consider under normal processing most of us would only have got AOR by now! I would say, again as a guess, those with that letter are in the stream-lining, and in all probability this is the last batch of the program (I'm basing this on my own application date, 10 days before cut-off).
Referring to the cut-off date, 13 June..Does it mean, me, a 29 April 2016 applicant would fall under that category?

I haven't received any communication from CIC so far, other than the AORs.

jahanzaibkh

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
maria_mirabela said:
OUTLAND: pros
faster processing
applicant can leave and enter Canada without any effect on application
can appeal negative decision

OUTLAND: cons
must maintain visitor status in Canada by renewing extensions
cannot work in Canada
must leave Canada for any interviews to home country if required

INLAND: pros
applicant stay with spouse
you can get OWP in about 4 month
any interviews required will be done within Canada close to your residence

INLAND: cons
longer processing time
cannot leave Canada during processing
cannot appeal on negative decision
Thanks for the answer. But inland can stay in Canada while open work permit application is in process. No need to extend visitor visa?

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
jahanzaibkh said:
Thanks for the answer. But inland can stay in Canada while open work permit application is in process. No need to extend visitor visa?
No, if your visitor visa expires while PR app is in process you will have implied status. I strongly advice you if you apply inland to send your OWP app as well.

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
29-APR-2016 / AIP 14-JUL-2016
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
Phoenix246 said:
If I asked for the copies, I can now link the application?
that's what I was told because then you would know what they have put in to system, order notes as I did as well .. apparently I've been putting in incorrect information from what I've sent
(so I've been told) but I'm pretty sure I know my own info lol but anywho it will take some time but
I can wait along with the process... hope it works for you too

Gaytan

Aug 12, 2016
My boyfriend and I rented a house together June 2013 buI he was not sleepi g in the house as my children were getting to know him first but he started sleeping at the house on Jan 2014 so I applied for common law/conjugal sponsorship on Oct 2013 and my application was refused. Now on May 2016 I sent a new application which I already received my AOR letter, but realized that I been doing my taxes as single till this year that I declare common law, will this affect my sponsorship???