03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Ringlands said:
Hi Canadian Alien, my bad, i didnt look properly as we got an AOR in my sponsor's email on 17th May and one in my email on 7th June and on the spreadsheet Alam got an AOR on the 17th May so linked those 2 dates together. Thanks for pointing that out though as i was bummed when i went to check the PO box and there was no OWP thinking it'd be there. ill post asap on here when i get it. as a side note what part of the UK are you from? I'm from lincolnshire.
Scotland <<<<points to flag on profile.

I'm working on the OWP being about 110 days average..in your case it should be end of august/beginning of sept (2 more weeks), and mine should be about the 21st sept (4-5 weeks).

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Here's an interesting "what if" question..... Just one of those things that randomly come into ones brain, and something I hope does not happen to anyone.

You apply inland, get your 2 year Open work permit after 4 months, you have been selected for stream-lining (but you don't know it).

The officer is not satisfied with your application (highly unlikely, but could happen) and refuses it at say 3 months after you get your work permit. As it's Inland you have no appeal...but you still have 21 months of a work permit in your passport.

Is your work permit still valid? I'm going on the rules of Employer-based work permits (the only one I have held)...if you leave the employers employ, the permit STILL confers on you the same benefits of entry and exit from Canada and temporary residency etc until the permit expires. But in the case of the open work permit as it is not employer based, you could carry on work etc, and submit an Outland Application (with the much faster processing), and be approved (having sorted whatever the first application was refused for) before the permit expires.

I wonder if those that have the work permit could confirm or deny, is there any condition that it is only valid while your application is being processed?

If that is not the case, then it negates the one drawback of Inland..no appeal, and would in effect mean the applicant is bullet-proof, a refusal, would not be the end of their journey.

Obviously prior to stream-lining this scenario could not happen, as by the time you got the refusal the permit was almost expired...but now?

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Canad1anAl1en said:
You didn't give anyone false information Maria, I just think in the "excitement" and "buzz" of the streamlining, this important fact was forgotten by applicants. It was never a certainty who would get in the program....fair or not. Also thank you for again clarifying anyone who's application date is after June 13th is beyond the programs cut-off.

Just to get some clarification....Does it mean if i got AIP on the
13 June am in the streamlined applications!!!!!!!!!!!

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
muusehisman said:
Just to get some clarification....Does it mean if i got AIP on the
13 June am in the streamlined applications!!!!!!!!!!!
If you have AIP (approval in principal of the entire application) your application date is well before cut-off as this is given quite a bit into the process, you COULD be in the streamlining but as explained in earlier posts, who gets streamlining or doesn't is up to IRCC.

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Canad1anAl1en said:
If you have AIP (approval in principal of the entire application) your application date is well before cut-off as this is given quite a bit into the process, you COULD be in the streamlining but as explained in earlier posts, who gets streamlining or doesn't is up to IRCC.

Thank you for the prompt answer Canad1.All we can do is pray to be processed faster lol.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
Here's an interesting "what if" question..... Just one of those things that randomly come into ones brain, and something I hope does not happen to anyone.

You apply inland, get your 2 year Open work permit after 4 months, you have been selected for stream-lining (but you don't know it).

The officer is not satisfied with your application (highly unlikely, but could happen) and refuses it at say 3 months after you get your work permit. As it's Inland you have no appeal...but you still have 21 months of a work permit in your passport.

Is your work permit still valid? I'm going on the rules of Employer-based work permits (the only one I have held)...if you leave the employers employ, the permit STILL confers on you the same benefits of entry and exit from Canada and temporary residency etc until the permit expires. But in the case of the open work permit as it is not employer based, you could carry on work etc, and submit an Outland Application (with the much faster processing), and be approved (having sorted whatever the first application was refused for) before the permit expires.

I wonder if those that have the work permit could confirm or deny, is there any condition that it is only valid while your application is being processed?

If that is not the case, then it negates the one drawback of Inland..no appeal, and would in effect mean the applicant is bullet-proof, a refusal, would not be the end of their journey.

Obviously prior to stream-lining this scenario could not happen, as by the time you got the refusal the permit was almost expired...but now?
I know on my wife's OWP, it says that it is conditional on the PR application. So, guessing here that perhaps the OWP would be cancelled.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Just wondering if anyone has recently received SA or AIP?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
Just wondering on SA or AIP received?
For me, not yet anyway. They say SA is 86 days (which for me, if you count that from the day they *finally* acknowledged the application, would be Aug 22). AIP I think is 16 months (if I understand the Check Times tool).

That said, I would certainly be interested to hear as well -- given the new (for me anyway) information about the expansion of PR`s issued this year, and a plan to speed up both In and Out land Sponsorships.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
For me, not yet anyway. They say SA is 86 days (which for me, if you count that from the day they *finally* acknowledged the application, would be Aug 22). AIP I think is 16 months (if I understand the Check Times tool).

That said, I would certainly be interested to hear as well -- given the new (for me anyway) information about the expansion of PR`s issued this year, and a plan to speed up both In and Out land Sponsorships.
Thanks Profile. 86 days? Are you sure? Please provide the link. Our AOR was received 3rd May, that would mean we should have received SA on 28th July, 2016?

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019
browning911 said:
Thanks Profile. 86 days? Are you sure? Please provide the link. Our AOR was received 3rd May, that would mean we should have received SA on 28th July, 2016?
Our AOR to SA is 116 days. Honestly though, it looks like they process these periodically "in batches", it would explain why manyof us with different AOR dates end up having the same SA/AIP date... That means it can be difficult estimating a # of days from A to B... I do wonder how they are choosing apps to process first though, is it all by how straightforward it looks?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
I found it some months ago, but google doesn't seem to be forthcoming with that information anymore. I did also see it on a canadavisa thread too, and I do recall 90 days was the average time for the SA. Yeah I know they are doing batches for sure.

mia1588 said:
Our AOR to SA is 116 days. Honestly though, it looks like they process these periodically "in batches", it would explain why manyof us with different AOR dates end up having the same SA/AIP date... That means it can be difficult estimating a # of days from A to B... I do wonder how they are choosing apps to process first though, is it all by how straightforward it looks?
This is what the notice says:
'...Reducing the backlog means complete and straightforward spousal sponsorship applications will be finalized faster. ...' http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-06-13.asp

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019
Thanks for the link profiler! I heard people saying that, but good to see it on the CIC site!

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Did anyone yet called cic to check on the status of their OWP. I tried calling them and was surprised to know that they are still processing April 8th applications as per the automated voice. I didnt had a chance to talk to the rep but if anyone did please let me know. Just trying to be patient but its super super hard.

Thank you

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Re the processing in batches...judging on how many got the PCC letters, and all at the same time...I would guess the next "batch" for SA and AIP will be processed in October...the letter gives you 60 days to respond..in my case 10th aug to 9th Oct...should imagine nothing can happen before that time frame passes, unless of course absolutely everyone who got a letter responds prior to this.

If you recall an earlier post in this thread, the poster stated that the helpline agent said everyone involved with the streamlining must be processed and finished by years end...the end of the program. Having AIP by the end of October would fit that exactly... then it's decision made in November..then arranging landing interviews by the first half of December at the latest, (the second half no one does anything, as they are too busy thinking about Christmas!).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
Re the processing in batches...judging on how many got the PCC letters, and all at the same time...I would guess the next "batch" for SA and AIP will be processed in October...the letter gives you 60 days to respond..in my case 10th aug to 9th Oct...should imagine nothing can happen before that time frame passes, unless of course absolutely everyone who got a letter responds prior to this.

If you recall an earlier post in this thread, the poster stated that the helpline agent said everyone involved with the streamlining must be processed and finished by years end...the end of the program. Having AIP by the end of October would fit that exactly... then it's decision made in November..then arranging landing interviews by the first half of December, (the second half no one does anything, as they are too busy thinking about Christmas!)
Wishful thinking for us, but alas won't happen. The security/background check involve the Russian Federation. Getting them to do anything is a painful, comedy-filled process. But, hey, anything could happen -- that would make our Christmas! 8)