00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
Wishful thinking for us, but alas won't happen. The security/background check involve the Russian Federation. Getting them to do anything is a painful, comedy-filled process. But, hey, anything could happen -- that would make our Christmas! 8)
;D

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hi muusehisman,

I have the same question as urs. I am a May applicant with no updates and now I am becoming a bit impatient.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Kjaggikaur said:
Hi muusehisman,

I have the same question as urs. I am a May applicant with no updates and now I am becoming a bit impatient.
I can tell you, they received ours in March, and didn't do anything until nearly the end of May. On that time line, you are getting close to having some kind of activity...

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
profiler said:
I can tell you, they received ours in March, and didn't do anything until nearly the end of May. On that time line, you are getting close to having some kind of activity...
@ Profiler: Thank you for your positive outlook. The only think it shows on mycic is open. I am really hoping to receive a positive news in this week or following week. Keeping fingers crossed.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Kjaggikaur said:
@ Profiler: Thank you for your positive outlook. The only think it shows on mycic is open. I am really hoping to receive a positive news in this week or following week. Keeping fingers crossed.
We got the OWP about 4 days before we could start calling to complain. They say 4 months, which would have put it on July 2nd; we got it June 27th. Unfortunately, they don't seem to send any notice about the OWP at all, just the envelope with the permit inside. Not even a covering letter with it.

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
profiler said:
We got the OWP about 4 days before we could start calling to complain. They say 4 months, which would have put it on July 2nd; we got it June 27th. Unfortunately, they don't seem to send any notice about the OWP at all, just the envelope with the permit inside. Not even a covering letter with it.
Thank you so much Profiler for the info. I just hope to receive the good news asap.

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
profiler said:
Thanks for the encouraging wooow cant wait for it to come.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
Thanks Profile. 86 days? Are you sure? Please provide the link. Our AOR was received 3rd May, that would mean we should have received SA on 28th July, 2016?
I just spoke with a CIC agent (they asked me to call today regarding the PCC letters that were sent out last week). They told me the Sponsorship application and determination of eligibility can take up to 16 months. That is in fact stated on the Processing Times page as well.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
So much for faster processing. This 16 months was the timeline for sponsorship approval on CIC website before they made the announcement about expediting applications. ::) Nothing seems to have changed "officially" since the timeline is the same now as before.

Notice I said officially (on website) since we know of 2016 applicants that already have received AIP and DM.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I knew it was wishful thinking.

Someone call Santa -- Christmas is cancelled!

To be fair though, there is a ton of applications still in process too. They allow our SO's to live in Canada during the time of processing. I think that's a fair trade to me. Sucks not knowing though...

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
I knew it was wishful thinking.

Someone call Santa -- Christmas is cancelled!

To be fair though, there is a ton of applications still in process too. They allow our SO's to live in Canada during the time of processing. I think that's a fair trade to me. Sucks not knowing though...
Well at least we have seen Nov-Dec 2015 applicants getting AIP and DM in 6-9 months. Profiler, I honestly believe that for example, us March 2016 applicants will at least get SA before Dec 2016, even for those of us who are not fast tracked. So Christmas is not cancelled.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
browning911 said:
Well at least we have seen Nov-Dec 2015 applicants getting AIP and DM in 6-9 months. Profiler, I honestly believe that for example, us March 2016 applicants will at least get SA before Dec 2016, even for those of us who are not fast tracked. So Christmas is not cancelled.
The official posted wait time is one thing, but if the real answer is still 16 months then John McCallum is going to have some pretty miserable statistics to report back to us at the end of this 'backlog reduction'. Also, Christmas is overrated anyway, don't stress it.

devour

Aug 16, 2016
Hey guys -

First post! But I've been reading these forums and threads for the past year as we submitted in our application a few months ago.

I'm sponsoring my partner (common-law) who is an US citizen and he has a study permit in BC. He's almost done his Masters and we are also May applicants - we submitted end of April and got the application received on May 2nd but haven't received anything since.

We did submit our application through without fingerprints ( I saw in another thread due to processing time, as long as you submit proof that you've done it and awaiting results that they would accept that). It was received without fingerprints and couple weeks ago, we finally received the results for fingerprints so we sent that in as well. So our application is now fully complete (besides medical which was optional).

The odd thing is, I saw that the application was received and the information was in the system when we checked end of May - but we didn't get an official email about the application being received until June 29th (which it states that the application was received May 2nd). Haven't heard anything since then - is this normal for any one else? And has anyone sent in fingerprints after their application? Everything went through okay?

Trying to see how long this process is as my partner is now almost done school. Any feedback is appreciated :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
devour said:
Hey guys -

First post! But I've been reading these forums and threads for the past year as we submitted in our application a few months ago.

I'm sponsoring my partner (common-law) who is an US citizen and he has a study permit in BC. He's almost done his Masters and we are also May applicants - we submitted end of April and got the application received on May 2nd but haven't received anything since.

We did submit our application through without fingerprints ( I saw in another thread due to processing time, as long as you submit proof that you've done it and awaiting results that they would accept that). It was received without fingerprints and couple weeks ago, we finally received the results for fingerprints so we sent that in as well. So our application is now fully complete (besides medical which was optional).

The odd thing is, I saw that the application was received and the information was in the system when we checked end of May - but we didn't get an official email about the application being received until June 29th (which it states that the application was received May 2nd). Haven't heard anything since then - is this normal for any one else? And has anyone sent in fingerprints after their application? Everything went through okay?

Trying to see how long this process is as my partner is now almost done school. Any feedback is appreciated :)
You filed in-land, right? If so, did you also include the OWP?