00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Ringlands said:
To be honest, its such a long haul of a process and so many if's and but's and unclear 'rules' i really dont think it's worth the risk. I'm missing/have missed my mum's wedding and relative passing away and the process isnt over yet, god knows what more ill miss :( i know it's my fault for wanting to be in Canada but its a harsh world....
Sorry to hear that Ringland. God forbid if something was to happen and we want to travel and are afraid to take the risk.

The risk may be low but what if.....

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
hsiehsy said:
Need an advise urgently....

I have sent my PR application with OWP application yesterday, it will arrive to CIC in a day or two, but i just realized today, that i only paid 100 for OWP holder instead of 255. What should i do now? i have called CIC this morning and the rep told me to stay put until they inform me the issue of the underpayment. But my consultant said differently, she asked me to sent entire package again (with the correct number on the receipt) to CIC that includes PR application as well and the reason of doing this is the officer will most likely gets confused if i only resubmit the OWP application.

Anyone had the same experience? or any suggestions are welcome.
You can wait until you will be able to link your OWP to myCIC then pay the rest online and send the receipt via CSE to your OWP app. I don't think this will affect your PR app and will buy you the peace of mind.

POOYA4091

Aug 30, 2016
Hello Guys,
I have a quick question. My interview is scheduled for Tuesday in Montreal, could some of you let me know if they are going to give me PR card in the interview or what??? is this a landing interview??
I am on study permit, do they mark of my visa and study permit? can i leave the country immediately after interview???

Anyone has any experiences? :)

I applied Jan 2015.

Thanks

vaya

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
POOYA4091 said:
Hello Guys,
I have a quick question. My interview is scheduled for Tuesday in Montreal, could some of you let me know if they are going to give me PR card in the interview or what??? is this a landing interview??
I am on study permit, do they mark of my visa and study permit? can i leave the country immediately after interview???

Anyone has any experiences? :)

I applied Jan 2015.

Thanks
You won't get your PR card right away - it will take 40-ish days to process. They will void your other permits, and you're advised not to leave the country until your PR card arrives in the mail. Make sure you bring appropriate photos!

vaya

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
DONE!

Got my PR approved, and am, strangely, feeling really a little different now. Great feeling, though. I am home!
Thanks to everyone who helped me here along the way, I can't believe how quickly everything just happened... I am happy to give you a little run through my interview, and my stats on my application.

Interview: We were scheduled for 2pm yesterday, arrived 5mins early, but had to wait about 45mins. Long enough that my husband had to leave to add money to the meter, and didn't show up for another 35 minutes because he had to find a new parking spot downtown Vancouver... Anyways, it was all VERY civil, very friendly officers (all the interviews were held in the lobby so you were witness to all the spousal interviews...), and my officer interviewed me for about 10 minutes while we waited for him to return half an hour later...

She asked me a few questions to verify that I am who I am, where I live, how I met my husband and how we went about our relationship for the past few years. Also when and were we got married. Once my husband finally arrived he got asked the same questions, and of course he already had forgotten the name of the park we got married in and I helped him out. All good, no interrogation style interview with anyone.

And that was it! We verified our identities, she voided my Work Permit and told me to get my official SIN number as the temporary one is cancelled now, explained my conditional PR to me, and handed me my confirmation of my PR.

One thing: Everyone in the office had to re-do their PR card photos for some reason. I had sent them in with my initial package and apparently that didn't matter, so I had to get them re-done for the interview. Bummer, but in light of the other expenses for the PR nothing too painful.

Here my timeline:
Feb 19th 2016: Application package arrived at CIC, including:
  • all filled out forms
  • security check (Germany/Netherlands/Switzerland/Canada<-- not necessary to add Canada but I was on autopilot and got it because I have lived here several times before and didn't question anything) - my German certificate was 2-ish weeks before being out of date (5,5 months old) but it was fine, apparently.
  • Medical check (done in January)
  • marriage certificate etc
  • 7 pictures of my husband and me (wedding, trips throughout the years)
  • a letter highlighting the course of our relationship (how we met, 8 years together long-distance, decided to finish our education before moving to Canada etc.)
  • a few forms showing us as beneficiaries of each other's insurance, shared phone account
  • 4 short letters on our behalf: 2 friends, my brother, our neighbors
  • 2 photos for the PR card (were useless)
  • essentially everything else that was asked for in the check list
  • complete OWP application
We paid all the fees except the RFPR fee, but now in hindsight I think we could have just paid it right away and it wouldn't have mattered.
We never got AOR but found out about it after inquiring via email and getting my husband's UCI number. My ECAS never updated, and just today MyCIC got changed to "approved".

My visitor visa ran out some time in March, so I applied for an extension about two days before it ran out, in case we got our application returned, and it went through in late April.

I received my OWP June 12th, so almost exactly 4 months after applying for it.

My AOR arrived June 1 with the request to redo IMM5669 and IMM5406 (was expected).

We received SA on July 6th, and full AIP on July 13th.

Some time in between (early August?) I connected my app on MyCIC.

September 2nd I received my invitation for my landing interview - September 8th. MyCIC didn't change at all, until today.
September 6 I received my GCMS notes that are quite long and fairly boring, but highlight that some time around May/June someone recommended us for the Backlog Reduction Program. Thanks, CIC officer!

All in all - I arrived in Canada exactly a year ago (Sept 9th 2015), got married 6 months in, and 6.5 months later I have my PR. My husband was never particularly worried that we would run into problems (but he bluffs a lot as well, tbh), and he kept on repeating that we should just make sure to have everything together, and paid, on time, and keep everything clear and concise. Turns out he was right!

Godspeed to everyone here! Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!
It was kind of beautiful in the office there yesterday with all the other couples - a lot of encouraging smiles were exchanged, and maybe the odd tear shed (okay, that was only me).

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Thank you so much vaya , congrats on your PR approval . 6.5 months was really quick for inland lately , i really hope my application is going as fast as you , i can't image staying in canada for up to 2 years. I guess some people are fine with staying in canada for that long but honestly i prefer moving around . Let god help us

Ps: btw are you able to link your owp? Because i can't find my application and i can't use my sponsor info to check application status

Alam EIT

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
vaya said:
DONE!

Got my PR approved, and am, strangely, feeling really a little different now. Great feeling, though. I am home!
Thanks to everyone who helped me here along the way, I can't believe how quickly everything just happened... I am happy to give you a little run through my interview, and my stats on my application.

Interview: We were scheduled for 2pm yesterday, arrived 5mins early, but had to wait about 45mins. Long enough that my husband had to leave to add money to the meter, and didn't show up for another 35 minutes because he had to find a new parking spot downtown Vancouver... Anyways, it was all VERY civil, very friendly officers (all the interviews were held in the lobby so you were witness to all the spousal interviews...), and my officer interviewed me for about 10 minutes while we waited for him to return half an hour later...

She asked me a few questions to verify that I am who I am, where I live, how I met my husband and how we went about our relationship for the past few years. Also when and were we got married. Once my husband finally arrived he got asked the same questions, and of course he already had forgotten the name of the park we got married in and I helped him out. All good, no interrogation style interview with anyone.

And that was it! We verified our identities, she voided my Work Permit and told me to get my official SIN number as the temporary one is cancelled now, explained my conditional PR to me, and handed me my confirmation of my PR.

One thing: Everyone in the office had to re-do their PR card photos for some reason. I had sent them in with my initial package and apparently that didn't matter, so I had to get them re-done for the interview. Bummer, but in light of the other expenses for the PR nothing too painful.

Here my timeline:
  • all filled out forms
  • security check (Germany/Netherlands/Switzerland/Canada<-- not necessary to add Canada but I was on autopilot and got it because I have lived here several times before and didn't question anything) - my German certificate was 2-ish weeks before being out of date (5,5 months old) but it was fine, apparently.
  • a letter highlighting the course of our relationship (how we met, 8 years together long-distance, decided to finish our education before moving to Canada etc.)
  • a few forms showing us as beneficiaries of each other's insurance, shared phone account
We paid all the fees except the RFPR fee, but now in hindsight I think we could have just paid it right away and it wouldn't have mattered.
We never got AOR but found out about it after inquiring via email and getting my husband's UCI number. My ECAS never updated, and just today MyCIC got changed to "approved".

My visitor visa ran out some time in March, so I applied for an extension about two days before it ran out, in case we got our application returned, and it went through in late April.

My AOR arrived June 1 with the request to redo IMM5669 and IMM5406 (was expected).

September 2nd I received my invitation for my landing interview - September 8th. MyCIC didn't change at all, until today.
September 6 I received my GCMS notes that are quite long and fairly boring, but highlight that some time around May/June someone recommended us for the Backlog Reduction Program. Thanks, CIC officer!

All in all - I arrived in Canada exactly a year ago (Sept 9th 2015), got married 6 months in, and 6.5 months later I have my PR. My husband was never particularly worried that we would run into problems (but he bluffs a lot as well, tbh), and he kept on repeating that we should just make sure to have everything together, and paid, on time, and keep everything clear and concise. Turns out he was right!

It was kind of beautiful in the office there yesterday with all the other couples - a lot of encouraging smiles were exchanged, and maybe the odd tear shed (okay, that was only me).
congrats vaya.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
vaya said:
DONE!

Here my timeline:
  • all filled out forms

Congrats Vaya! So happy for you and SO!

Thank you also for sharing your timeline and documentation.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
congrats vaya!

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May &amp; 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
congrats vaya! what an awesome story, well for us inlanders anyway! what a huge weight off your shoulders!

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Ringlands said:
congrats vaya! what an awesome story, well for us inlanders anyway! what a huge weight off your shoulders!
ringlands, i received my visitor extension via mail today and issued last sept 2, it came from vegreville AB. how's your OWP?

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May &amp; 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
pedropil said:
ringlands, i received my visitor extension via mail today and issued last sept 2, it came from vegreville AB. how's your OWP?
26th august it was approved but no sign of it in the mail here in BC!!!!!

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Ringlands said:
26th august it was approved but no sign of it in the mail here in BC!!!!!
My OWP was approved online sept 6 , if im going to base on my visitor extension mailing time, i must received it by sept 14.