Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ringlands said:
To be honest, its such a long haul of a process and so many if's and but's and unclear 'rules' i really dont think it's worth the risk. I'm missing/have missed my mum's wedding and relative passing away and the process isnt over yet, god knows what more ill miss :( i know it's my fault for wanting to be in Canada but its a harsh world....
Sorry to hear this, Ringlands. My wife has a grandmother (last surviving gran) who is 86 and her health is failing. We accepted she may not be able to leave -- it was advised to us by the lawyer. So we feel your pain

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Hello guys,

Question about Police Certificate in your home country.

It should be not more than 6 months also from the date of issue upon submitting inland?
Thank you

AK16

Jan 20, 2016
vaya said:
DONE!

Got my PR approved, and am, strangely, feeling really a little different now. Great feeling, though. I am home!
Thanks to everyone who helped me here along the way, I can't believe how quickly everything just happened... I am happy to give you a little run through my interview, and my stats on my application.

Interview: We were scheduled for 2pm yesterday, arrived 5mins early, but had to wait about 45mins. Long enough that my husband had to leave to add money to the meter, and didn't show up for another 35 minutes because he had to find a new parking spot downtown Vancouver... Anyways, it was all VERY civil, very friendly officers (all the interviews were held in the lobby so you were witness to all the spousal interviews...), and my officer interviewed me for about 10 minutes while we waited for him to return half an hour later...

She asked me a few questions to verify that I am who I am, where I live, how I met my husband and how we went about our relationship for the past few years. Also when and were we got married. Once my husband finally arrived he got asked the same questions, and of course he already had forgotten the name of the park we got married in and I helped him out. All good, no interrogation style interview with anyone.

And that was it! We verified our identities, she voided my Work Permit and told me to get my official SIN number as the temporary one is cancelled now, explained my conditional PR to me, and handed me my confirmation of my PR.

One thing: Everyone in the office had to re-do their PR card photos for some reason. I had sent them in with my initial package and apparently that didn't matter, so I had to get them re-done for the interview. Bummer, but in light of the other expenses for the PR nothing too painful.

Here my timeline:
Feb 19th 2016: Application package arrived at CIC, including:
  • all filled out forms
  • security check (Germany/Netherlands/Switzerland/Canada<-- not necessary to add Canada but I was on autopilot and got it because I have lived here several times before and didn't question anything) - my German certificate was 2-ish weeks before being out of date (5,5 months old) but it was fine, apparently.
  • Medical check (done in January)
  • marriage certificate etc
  • 7 pictures of my husband and me (wedding, trips throughout the years)
  • a letter highlighting the course of our relationship (how we met, 8 years together long-distance, decided to finish our education before moving to Canada etc.)
  • a few forms showing us as beneficiaries of each other's insurance, shared phone account
  • 4 short letters on our behalf: 2 friends, my brother, our neighbors
  • 2 photos for the PR card (were useless)
  • essentially everything else that was asked for in the check list
  • complete OWP application
We paid all the fees except the RFPR fee, but now in hindsight I think we could have just paid it right away and it wouldn't have mattered.
We never got AOR but found out about it after inquiring via email and getting my husband's UCI number. My ECAS never updated, and just today MyCIC got changed to "approved".

My visitor visa ran out some time in March, so I applied for an extension about two days before it ran out, in case we got our application returned, and it went through in late April.

I received my OWP June 12th, so almost exactly 4 months after applying for it.

My AOR arrived June 1 with the request to redo IMM5669 and IMM5406 (was expected).

We received SA on July 6th, and full AIP on July 13th.

Some time in between (early August?) I connected my app on MyCIC.

September 2nd I received my invitation for my landing interview - September 8th. MyCIC didn't change at all, until today.
September 6 I received my GCMS notes that are quite long and fairly boring, but highlight that some time around May/June someone recommended us for the Backlog Reduction Program. Thanks, CIC officer!

All in all - I arrived in Canada exactly a year ago (Sept 9th 2015), got married 6 months in, and 6.5 months later I have my PR. My husband was never particularly worried that we would run into problems (but he bluffs a lot as well, tbh), and he kept on repeating that we should just make sure to have everything together, and paid, on time, and keep everything clear and concise. Turns out he was right!

Godspeed to everyone here! Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!
It was kind of beautiful in the office there yesterday with all the other couples - a lot of encouraging smiles were exchanged, and maybe the odd tear shed (okay, that was only me).
Congrats Vaya! :)

When did you request for your GCMS notes? What is a good time to request for it?
Are they helpful in initial stages, or do they give any helpful info even if you request them after receiving AIP?

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Thanks for the info Vaya. Always good to know what to expect. Congrats of your PR.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
vaya said:
DONE!

Got my PR approved, and am, strangely, feeling really a little different now. Great feeling, though. I am home!
Thanks to everyone who helped me here along the way, I can't believe how quickly everything just happened... I am happy to give you a little run through my interview, and my stats on my application.

Interview: We were scheduled for 2pm yesterday, arrived 5mins early, but had to wait about 45mins. Long enough that my husband had to leave to add money to the meter, and didn't show up for another 35 minutes because he had to find a new parking spot downtown Vancouver... Anyways, it was all VERY civil, very friendly officers (all the interviews were held in the lobby so you were witness to all the spousal interviews...), and my officer interviewed me for about 10 minutes while we waited for him to return half an hour later...

She asked me a few questions to verify that I am who I am, where I live, how I met my husband and how we went about our relationship for the past few years. Also when and were we got married. Once my husband finally arrived he got asked the same questions, and of course he already had forgotten the name of the park we got married in and I helped him out. All good, no interrogation style interview with anyone.

And that was it! We verified our identities, she voided my Work Permit and told me to get my official SIN number as the temporary one is cancelled now, explained my conditional PR to me, and handed me my confirmation of my PR.

One thing: Everyone in the office had to re-do their PR card photos for some reason. I had sent them in with my initial package and apparently that didn't matter, so I had to get them re-done for the interview. Bummer, but in light of the other expenses for the PR nothing too painful.

Here my timeline:
Feb 19th 2016: Application package arrived at CIC, including:
  • all filled out forms
  • security check (Germany/Netherlands/Switzerland/Canada<-- not necessary to add Canada but I was on autopilot and got it because I have lived here several times before and didn't question anything) - my German certificate was 2-ish weeks before being out of date (5,5 months old) but it was fine, apparently.
  • Medical check (done in January)
  • marriage certificate etc
  • 7 pictures of my husband and me (wedding, trips throughout the years)
  • a letter highlighting the course of our relationship (how we met, 8 years together long-distance, decided to finish our education before moving to Canada etc.)
  • a few forms showing us as beneficiaries of each other's insurance, shared phone account
  • 4 short letters on our behalf: 2 friends, my brother, our neighbors
  • 2 photos for the PR card (were useless)
  • essentially everything else that was asked for in the check list
  • complete OWP application
We paid all the fees except the RFPR fee, but now in hindsight I think we could have just paid it right away and it wouldn't have mattered.
We never got AOR but found out about it after inquiring via email and getting my husband's UCI number. My ECAS never updated, and just today MyCIC got changed to "approved".

My visitor visa ran out some time in March, so I applied for an extension about two days before it ran out, in case we got our application returned, and it went through in late April.

I received my OWP June 12th, so almost exactly 4 months after applying for it.

My AOR arrived June 1 with the request to redo IMM5669 and IMM5406 (was expected).

We received SA on July 6th, and full AIP on July 13th.

Some time in between (early August?) I connected my app on MyCIC.

September 2nd I received my invitation for my landing interview - September 8th. MyCIC didn't change at all, until today.
September 6 I received my GCMS notes that are quite long and fairly boring, but highlight that some time around May/June someone recommended us for the Backlog Reduction Program. Thanks, CIC officer!

All in all - I arrived in Canada exactly a year ago (Sept 9th 2015), got married 6 months in, and 6.5 months later I have my PR. My husband was never particularly worried that we would run into problems (but he bluffs a lot as well, tbh), and he kept on repeating that we should just make sure to have everything together, and paid, on time, and keep everything clear and concise. Turns out he was right!

Godspeed to everyone here! Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!
It was kind of beautiful in the office there yesterday with all the other couples - a lot of encouraging smiles were exchanged, and maybe the odd tear shed (okay, that was only me).

Congrats and thank you for the detailed description.
cheers

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Help Please!

Received AIP letter 9th Sept. Yay!. Also, received letter as below on same date:

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in
Vancouver for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview
or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR
and communicate to you its decision.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your
application, you may contact the Canada Immigration Centre in writing as follows:
Vancouver Immigration
Attention: Inland Processing Unit (IPU)
1148 Hornby Street, 5th floor
Vancouver, B.C. V6Z 2C3

Is this letter the norm before DM?

Problem is heading to Ontario on holidays from 13-28th Sept. I'm worried that the interview is going to come up while away. A CSE stating dates on holidays has been sent but should snail mail letter direct to Vancouver also be sent now?

Any info would be appreciated.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sipfarms said:
Help Please!

Received AIP letter 9th Sept. Yay!. Also, received letter as below on same date:

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in
Vancouver for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview
or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your
application, you may contact the Canada Immigration Centre in writing as follows:
Vancouver Immigration
Vancouver, B.C. V6Z 2C3

Problem is heading to Ontario on holidays from 13-28th Sept. I'm worried that the interview is going to come up while away. A CSE stating dates on holidays has been sent but should snail mail letter direct to Vancouver also be sent now?

Correspondence from CIC is batched. So they probably sent the AIP, then transferred it to Vancouver (assuming that is close to where you will land?). You should see this before DM, yes. There may be other letters in there before DM, but you are reasonably close to that stage.

About your holiday -- bad time of year to pick for a holiday in Ontario ;). That aside, do they usually send you emails? If so, they would still deliver to you fine. The likelihood that they would ask for an interview in the next two weeks is pretty low IMHO..

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
sipfarms said:
Help Please!

Vancouver Immigration
Vancouver, B.C. V6Z 2C3

Congrats Sipfarms! Great News.

How is the AIP letter worded?

With regards to the above e-mail, I agree with Profiler. I do not believe the interview, if you have to go to one, will take place in the two weeks you are away. That being said, based on spreadsheet the time between AIP and DM is as early as 1 day (Australian national included) and as long as 25 days.

"You may be contacted....."

If you want to be sure call and/or send a CSE with your vacation details.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
Congrats Sipfarms! Great News.

How is the AIP letter worded?

With regards to the above e-mail, I agree with Profiler. I do not believe the interview, if you have to go to one, will take place in the two weeks you are away.

"You may be contacted....."

If you want to be sure call and/or send a CSE with your vacation details.
Hey browning911 -- I just tried to find a copy of the body contents online, but of course they don't exist.

I did get a photocopy of the letter when my wife and I went to ServiceOntario to try to chat about OHIP. They were nice enough to copy the letter from their training manual and give it to us for reference. I would be happy to scan and post that.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hey Profiler, you are so lucky that they provided a copy. If you can located it, can you please post it? Thank you.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
Hey Profiler, you are so lucky that they provided a copy. If you can located it, can you please post it? Thank you.
Will do. I am sure it's at home, so probably tomorrow morning.

As to being lucky -- I begged ;). They felt bad because we had been to the office and waited in line, then were sent home disappointed. Then the CIC Call Centre directed us to return and included a message via email to give to ServiceOntario. So we went back with the email message. That's when they told us that we could appeal, but it wasn't fair for CIC to direct me to go to ServiceOntario and tell them how to do their job.... so they felt sorry that we had been there almost all day, and were caught in the middle....

Score one for people applying for PR! :)

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:

As to being lucky -- I begged ;). They felt bad because we had been to the office and waited in line, then were sent home disappointed.

Then the CIC Call Centre directed us to return and included a message via email to give to ServiceOntario.

So we went back with the email message. That's when they told us that we could appeal, but it wasn't fair for CIC to direct me to go to ServiceOntario and tell them how to do their job.... so they felt sorry that we had been there almost all day, and were caught in the middle....

It's not urgent so when you find it you can post it, no worries.

lol@ begged. If I had known I would have begged too. It's so funny that Service Canada did not want IRCC/CIC telling them how to do their job.

ImpatientW1fe

Aug 24, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-16
Med's Request
19-04-17
Med's Done....
01-05-17
pedropil said:
My OWP was approved online sept 6 , if im going to base on my visitor extension mailing time, i must received it by sept 14.
We got the original copy on September 9th...We were quite surprised!!! Decision made on September 6th few days later got it in the mail...

ha21

Sep 11, 2016
ImpatientW1fe said:
We got the original copy on September 9th...We were quite surprised!!! Decision made on September 6th few days later got it in the mail...
Hi

I was wondering that you got your DM under "sponsorship application status" box or "PR application status" box?

Thanks

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
profiler said:

As to being lucky -- I begged ;). They felt bad because we had been to the office and waited in line, then were sent home disappointed. Then the CIC Call Centre directed us to return and included a message via email to give to ServiceOntario. So we went back with the email message. That's when they told us that we could appeal, but it wasn't fair for CIC to direct me to go to ServiceOntario and tell them how to do their job.... so they felt sorry that we had been there almost all day, and were caught in the middle....

Hi profiler , so you are saying you got/Applied succesfully OHIP before Getting AIP ? How can we do that ?