+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship through Bogota 2015-2016

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarCar2015 said:
Hi Guys

About the processing time, when we apply back in July 2015, for Colombia was 12 months for the applicant plus 2 for the sponsor, totaling 14 months... What it shows now is 15 months minus 39 days for sponsor. I am assuming then that for the applicant is around 14 months or so... In any case, it is to my understanding that this time line is 'worst case scenario' and hopefully it will be shorter process for all of us, although I am getting closer to the ten month mark :(
I don't know why CIC keeps changing their wait times.. I really don't understand why some people in 6 months get an answer and others are waiting for so long from the same VO. I couldn't imagine having to wait the actual 17 months :'(

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Liiaa said:
I don't know why CIC keeps changing their wait times.. I really don't understand why some people in 6 months get an answer and others are waiting for so long from the same VO. I couldn't imagine having to wait the actual 17 months :'(
I wish non visa exempt countries should have at least a little bit of privilege on applications, just the fact we can travel "easier" to visit our spouses. :(
The only thing that makes me happy is that my husband is coming in a 23 days and after his 2 month stay here we will just wait until I get my COPR to see him again so our motto right now is "One last trip to finally be together."

Anyhow, I wanted to ask you guys, whenever you sent additional documents in which part do you add the UCI# and file #? Is it outside on the envelope or in an additional piece of paper inside? I'm planning to send my medical exams right away after I get them done on Saturday.

humblee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
bogota
Category........
Visa Office......
bogota colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
17-03-2016
Hi everyone I founded this from last year this will help us to have an idea how long will take our applications in bogota
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1skw_RkgUkE-TSBzQ6LBg_OJF-ATTl_Y9HHJlhCtCA2Y/edit?usp=sharing

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
I wish non visa exempt countries should have at least a little bit of privilege on applications, just the fact we can travel "easier" to visit our spouses. :(
The only thing that makes me happy is that my husband is coming in a 23 days and after his 2 month stay here we will just wait until I get my COPR to see him again so our motto right now is "One last trip to finally be together."

Anyhow, I wanted to ask you guys, whenever you sent additional documents in which part do you add the UCI# and file #? Is it outside on the envelope or in an additional piece of paper inside? I'm planning to send my medical exams right away after I get them done on Saturday.
So happy to hear your husband will be going to visit you :) mine will also be coming down this month.. Hoping this will be the last trip before we are all reunited in Canada!!

Did bogota request the medical JJ? If you got an email from them, or anytime you get one from them requesting any docs. Print that email which has your file # and UCI and send it along with whatever doc you are sending, and also write the file/uci number outside of the envelope. That's what I did when they requested the new pics 3 months ago....

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Liiaa said:
So happy to hear your husband will be going to visit you :) mine will also be coming down this month.. Hoping this will be the last trip before we are all reunited in Canada!!

Did bogota request the medical JJ? If you got an email from them, or anytime you get one from them requesting any docs. Print that email which has your file # and UCI and send it along with whatever doc you are sending, and also write the file/uci number outside of the envelope. That's what I did when they requested the new pics 3 months ago....
Awwww! I'm happy you'll reunite with your too!!
I haven't heard from the VO since my AOR2 therefore they haven't requested anything, but I want to get my medicals done already and send it just because they are already expired. I'm actually planning on to send them more proof of our relationship too because I was reading somewhere that you can't sponsor your spouse if you've been away from them for more than 1 year and last time he came was in September.

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
JJ628 said:
I haven't heard from the VO since my AOR2 therefore they haven't requested anything, but I want to get my medicals done already and send it just because they are already expired. I'm actually planning on to send them more proof of our relationship too because I was reading somewhere that you can't sponsor your spouse if you've been away from them for more than 1 year and last time he came was in September.
I am going to Colombia too, visit my hubby at the end of May! :D Hopefully we will get DM when I am over there! :D

Oh I did not know about that year rule! I hope it is a myth! :p

Good luck to us and speedy process time! :D

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
I am pretty sure that is just someone spreading false rumors :( There is no specific time you need to be with, or away from each other, but obviously the more your spouse and you are together the better, at least that's how CIC sees it. So every time a trip is booked to see each other, its good to keep the plane tickets and passport stamps as proof. So don't worry too much about that :)

and regarding sending more proof voluntarily, if you sent enough already then you should be fine. Most of the time they end up not going through everything and shredding it all lol... I am telling you because at my interview 2 weeks ago, I brought along tons and tons of skype and whatsapp chats and I printed more pics and brought more letters from family members and the officer didn't want to look at any of it :eek: She said they had enough proof and she just briefly saw 2 pics of ny husband and our kids and just smiled, said they were cute and handed them back. And she only looked at them because she felt bad i had brought so many things but she wasn't interested in any more proof like she said. So I would hold on to the proof for now if I were you....

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarCar2015 said:
I am going to Colombia too, visit my hubby at the end of May! :D Hopefully we will get DM when I am over there! :D

Oh I did not know about that year rule! I hope it is a myth! :p

Good luck to us and speedy process time! :D
I have a feeling this month will be a good one for all of us. Hope you enjoy your trip in Colombia Marcar. I have been to Bogota and Cucuta. I prefer the cool climate from Bogota though. Wish us all good luck and let's keep each other posted!!! Seems like its not too many of us from Bogota VO :eek: wonder why they are so slow?

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Liiaa said:
I have a feeling this month will be a good one for all of us. Hope you enjoy your trip in Colombia Marcar. I have been to Bogota and Cucuta. I prefer the cool climate from Bogota though. Wish us all good luck and let's keep each other posted!!! Seems like its not too many of us from Bogota VO :eek: wonder why they are so slow?
I have the same feeling about hearing some news from them. In fact, I don't mind if I don't get news about my case as long as you guys do, just because you're farther in this process than I have, it gives me a little bit of tranquility just hearing any news from them. By the way they called me this morning to let me know that my appointment would be changed for next Saturday because he was going away for this long weekend :eek:
I'd just have to wait for next Saturday to send my medical exam receipt to send it.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
I have the same feeling about hearing some news from them. In fact, I don't mind if I don't get news about my case as long as you guys do, just because you're farther in this process than I have, it gives me a little bit of tranquility just hearing any news from them. By the way they called me this morning to let me know that my appointment would be changed for next Saturday because he was going away for this long weekend :eek:
I'd just have to wait for next Saturday to send my medical exam receipt to send it.
You are such a sweet soul. Thank you JJ :) let's hope May is full of good news for everyone!

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Hi guys,
Hope you all had an amazing Mother's day weekend with your families.
Wanted to ask you guys a question, the doctor that is allowed to do the medical exam here in Barranquilla is asking me for the paper that the CIC sends me to retake my medical exams, I haven't been requested anything, should I just take my AOR2, which state that if I didn't send my medicals upfront that I should take them and explain to him that mine expired?

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
JJ628 said:
Hi guys,
Wanted to ask you guys a question, the doctor that is allowed to do the medical exam here in Barranquilla is asking me for the paper that the CIC sends me to retake my medical exams, I haven't been requested anything, should I just take my AOR2, which state that if I didn't send my medicals upfront that I should take them and explain to him that mine expired?
Thank you JJ! :D

Did you do your Medicals upfront? Because if you did, then you have to wait for CIC to request them. Sometimes CIC extend they expiration date on medicals. However if you did not do them upfront, then you should take your AOR2.

Hope the answer helps!

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
MarCar2015 said:
Thank you JJ! :D

Did you do your Medicals upfront? Because if you did, then you have to wait for CIC to request them. Sometimes CIC extend they expiration date on medicals. However if you did not do them upfront, then you should take your AOR2.

Hope the answer helps!
Hi MarCar, thanks for answering so quick, I did send them upfront but they already expired, thought it was better to take them and send them instead of waiting for them to get requested, so I really don't know what to do.

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
JJ628 said:
Hi MarCar, thanks for answering so quick, I did send them upfront but they already expired, thought it was better to take them and send them instead of waiting for them to get requested, so I really don't know what to do.
You should not worry. CIC will send you a request for medicals. Sometimes they give a six month extension or they will request them when they are close to ask for passport.

:D

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
Hi guys,
Hi JJ. I suggest just waiting until they request it. Like Marcar said, sometimes they extend the medical and don't even request you do re-do them. Mine will expire in June so I most definitely want to be gone by then lol...