+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
Thanks for the encouragment. Yea I am restless as it is, I am sure you got a good decision also.

Where are you located in Canada?

agadir08

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
I really hope all friends met in this forum will keep in touch once our spouses are HOME!! We truly are like one big family!

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
agadir,

you are fine, I also spoke to the immigration officer. When my husband was interviewed, he asked for a decision. The IO said she wanted to review the file and will give him a decision in a few days. After his interview, when he told me she didn't give him a decision I was annoyed and I wrote to the embassy and told them she was welcome to call me and ask any questions. She called me and we talked for a few minutes, after that she said she was satified our relationship was genuine. So, that is a HUGE positive sign that they called you, your husband will get the call in a few days or you will with a positive decision.

The issues the IO had with us was not age, we're the same age. Honestly she had some stupid questions about my email address, where did my husband live when he was working outside of Morocco, what was his ex gilfriend's name....stupid stuff which obviously I had clear answers to but it made no sense to me why these were factors in "genuineness' of our relationship.

No need to stress.

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
stealth said:
UPDATE!: Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XXXXX application. The office will contact XXXXX concerning this decision.

Alhamdulilah!!!!!!! So since we never got called for an interview, and had a decision, does that usually mean good news?

How long does it take for them to usually contact my wife?

Alhamdulilah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is great news. The fact that it says medical received makes all of the difference. My Husband had the same Medical received, decision made, and he received his call a few days later to pick up his Visa. Everyone that I have heard of having the medical received message receives their visa, not a refusal.

I wish you and your Wife the best

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agadir08 - I wish you the very BEST of luck.

stealth - you are good akhoya! Very soon your wife will get the call to pick up the visa! Congratulations!

agadir08

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!! Visa Approved but first he must renew medical certificate.So I'm guessing it will be about another month before visa is actually in his hands.Important thing is our application was accepted!! Hope all those still waiting hear good news soon too incha allah!

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
agadir,

Congratulations! He should do the medical right away, and yes after the medical is redone they will do the background check and your husband should get his call to pick up the visa in approx 5-6 weeks.