+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

yashshah0809

May 27, 2016
Hi b4Ahmed,

I am in the same situation as you were before. My PGWP was reduced to due to passport expiry and my wife received an OWP till my passport expiry (which makes sense as I have a job in NOC A category). I have now renewed my passport and applying for PGWP extension via Paper Application. I also need to apply for wife's OWP extension, CAN I send her application with mine? Is that feasible? Did you receive any response from CIC regarding your and your wife's extension? Please share you experience as I am very confused right now.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Just want to give back to this group and share our experience today:

My husband applied tonight for his SOWP at the Peace Arch Border and was issued 3 years Open Work Permit.. same validity as my PGWP! :D :D :D SOO HAPPY!!!

square

Mar 31, 2016
b4ahmad said:
I applied ONLINE for my spouse open work permit on 17-Jan-2016, she is in Pakistan. Attached upfront medical exam, and other supporting documents.( I have job in NOC 2133) Still no response from CIC.

BTW, now CIC is preferring online applications, as in their new system they can process online applications anywhere in the world, so applications may get processed quickly (My thoughts). You can attach all supporting documents in "Explanation letter" under one file. Here is the link of CIC for above information,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1185&top=3

Prior to December 31, 2015, processing times for many of our services were displayed by visa office. This was useful when applications for permanent or temporary residence were always processed by the nearest visa office. However, we now have the ability to move applications around our global network to ensure they are processed as efficiently as possible. This means your application may not be processed at the office closest to where you live.

Hello, I want to ask about OWP online application. During your application, did you include Family info form, because after creating myCIC account, I responded to the questionnaire to determine my eligibility, then, I received the required documents that I need to upload. But, I am surprise that Family information form (IMM 5645) is not part of the forms in the uploaded links created in my account. So, I want to know if family information form is required for open work permit or not.

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018
Navprateek said:
Hi RabRakha,
You can apply for SOWP thats a better option to get your spouse to canada rather than going for visitor visa. Conditions to qualify are:
Job which is under NOC O,A or B. (Employer's letter stating your job duties and responsibilities and NOC cat listed)
Marriage certificate.

But to make you case stronger you can attach as many supporting documents you want. For ex:
Ties to home country
Proof of funds
Fb chats
Whatsapp chat
martial status change with cic
Notice of assessment
your pay stubs
Your wife's previous or current job offer letter
the list keeps going on.

Don't listen to those consultants in India. All they want is to convince you to get some money out of your pockets. They don't really care about the visa. My husband have went to see a bunch in chd and they were telling him the same scenario. I think most of them doesn't even know that SOWP is different than a principal applicant's Open Work permit application. Believe me or not, there's a forum in chd they call themselves immigration lawyers and they told my husband to deposit 1.5 lakh and they will file the SOWP for him, though I had a NOC C job that time, which doesn't qualify for the SOWP application. Just stay away from these type of people. Research yourself, post your concerns here in the forum or consult a good lawyer in Canada only.

We did consult a lawyer here in chd because our case was bit complicated and my husband's Visa came in a month.
Hi thanks Navpreet for your reply. How much are needed to show? I have decided to file for sowp

Salimmjk

Jul 6, 2016
frustratedcanadian said:
Just want to give back to this group and share our experience today:

My husband applied tonight for his SOWP at the Peace Arch Border and was issued 3 years Open Work Permit.. same validity as my PGWP! :D :D :D SOO HAPPY!!!
Hi please i need you help.....
Please can u provide me some more detail....please
How to get an what to do.........

sri_lav

May 31, 2016
I am on TRV in Canada now. I applied for an open work permit on july 6th inside Canada.
I have 6 years experience as a software engineer from India.
My husband is working as a software professional under work permit NOC A in Canada.
Anyone has idea about the processing time?

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
sri_lav said:
I am on TRV in Canada now. I applied for an open work permit on july 6th inside Canada.
I have 6 years experience as a software engineer from India.
My husband is working as a software professional under work permit NOC A in Canada.
Anyone has idea about the processing time?
10 weeks as per the website.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Salimmjk said:
Hi please i need you help.....
Please can u provide me some more detail....please
How to get an what to do.........
You can only flagpole if you meet the requirements for SOWP and if you are inside Canada with valid permit/visa.

snoopy_15

Jul 12, 2016
Hi everybody,

Is there anybody who have experience with application on paper for Open Work Permit inside Canada?

My husband have work permit and moved to Canada three months ago and I arrived a month ago with visitor visa. I sent application to change condition, from visitor to work permit visa, via mail to Alberta three weeks ago and I know that is early to expect any request from CIC, just wanted to hear experiences with this kind of application and to follow status update with anyone who is in same position.

Thank you!

Salimmjk

Jul 6, 2016
frustratedcanadian said:
You can only flagpole if you meet the requirements for SOWP and if you are inside Canada with valid permit/visa.
Yes my job is NOC '0'....as a Manager....
But my wife is in india....
She dont have TRV for canada.....
But i have USA visa.....can i call her USA an we both goto any border an can request them for SOWP......while entering canada......is it possible....

Can please tell me in detail....how your husband did.....please......
I need ur help...
Thank you

square

Mar 31, 2016
Batman4789 said:
Is there any May 9 online applicant? is there any update? :-[

Hello,
where did you apply from? I also plan to apply online. Did you upload family information form. I noticed there is no place to include the form.

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hi Sri_lav

Did you file a paper application?? If so can you please assist me the process?? is paper application suggestable over online??

vishnuvishal

May 12, 2016
Hi all,

I applied SOWP online outside Canada through an attorney on March 21st. I got medical request on April 12th. And my medicals passed on April 29th. I got an email on May 6th saying that they wanted payment for my Work permit and I sent them the payment. On May 9th, 2016 I got my refusal.. Later we sent them an email asking reasons for refusal on the same day. We did not get response from for a month and half and got an email from on June 30th. Now, am preparing documents for they have requested for.. How long does it take for processing (irrespective of what the result is approval or refusal) ?

aegan

Jul 4, 2016
hi

I applied SOWP on June 29th paper based application outside canada without medicals and the file is processed in VFS bangalore.

no updates till now from cic.

Can any one please explain the procedure once after getting the medical request ?

I have a question ,"if we get the medical request that means our application going to be approved ?

Please let me know if anyone of you are in the same situation like me.

THANKS..