+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

Linzar

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
I applied for student permit and spouse owp on 29th april. Got my student permit approved on 9-may. No updates on spouse owp. Almost 2 months now.

Anyone got decision for SOWP?

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
smartindian said:
hi Friends,

I work in Canada and my wife is also in Canada on visitor Visa.
According to my knowledge, my wife is eligible to apply for '(SOWP) Spouse Open Work Permit inside Canada'.
Although she is a visitor for now, but I have work permit here. Therefore she is eligible.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
I believe you are right. I know someone who was on study permit and the spouse was here on a visitor visa.. They applied for OWP inside Canada and was approved.

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018
Hi
I am working in edmonton under noc b category on pgwp. My wage rate is 12/hr.
My spouse is a software engineer in india with 3 years of experience. I want yo apply for her open work
Permit.i got married last year in may and after 2 months of marriage i applied for her visitor visa but got rejected reason was home ties. She met some consultants in india but they r saying that she can't apply for open work permit without Limia.
A nd advicing to apply for again visitor visa because it is having more positive chances.

Please advice what should we apply for.
For open work permit what documents are required and which forms are needed to be filled.

Thanks

smartindian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
rabrakha said:
Hi
My spouse is a software engineer in india with 3 years of experience. I want yo apply for her open work
Permit.i got married last year in may and after 2 months of marriage i applied for her visitor visa but got rejected reason was home ties. She met some consultants in india but they r saying that she can't apply for open work permit without Limia.
A nd advicing to apply for again visitor visa because it is having more positive chances.

For open work permit what documents are required and which forms are needed to be filled.

Thanks

hi rabrakha.....Me and my wife are having same work profile like you.
But my wife applied for 4 month visitor Visa enclosed with 'Leave of Absence' letter from company and in covering letter we clearly mentioned that she must return back after 4 months because of her company rules.

Fortunately CIC approved her visitor Visa till 1st April 2018 (same as expiry date of passport).
I would suggest you to apply Visitor Visa again (processing time is 10 working day)
and provide all documents that she will return back surely.

Get help from Thomascook (total processing fee 8000 INR including Visa fee).
They will check all financial documents and suggest you if something is missing.

I am sure you will get it this time. Good Luck :).

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
Hi
Please tell me which for.s are required to fill for spouse open work permit
I am a full time noc b job holder and on pgwp.

Naval1122

Jul 2, 2016
Hello everyone
I have applied for sowp paper application on 10th of june 2016 at VFS Chandigarh. Are thr any other applicants who have any updates for the same.

gsingh2711

Apr 30, 2016
Hi,
I applied for my wife on 10th June in Chd., I just checked and it says 'medical passed'. Nothing else yet.

smartindian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
hi Guys...

I work in Canada and my wife is here on Visitor Visa. She is eligible for PR application ( FSW category).

Can she apply for PR Visa (FSW) while living here on Visitor Visa ?

or

She needs to go back India and apply PR from home country (India) ?

Please can anyone suggest if already have applied PR from Canada while staying on Visitor Visa :)

Dharmeshvirani235

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
Med's Done....
30-09-2016
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
Hello everyone
I have applied for sowp paper application on 30th of june 2016 at VFS Ahemdabad. Application in Banglore center. Are thr any other applicants who have any updates for the same ?

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
gsingh2711 said:
Hi,
I applied for my wife on 10th June in Chd., I just checked and it says 'medical passed'. Nothing else yet.
gsingh bhaji am from chd... i need dome advice ...
Please message me ur number or msg me at 9501030433

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
rabrakha said:
Hi

Thanks
Hi RabRakha,
You can apply for SOWP thats a better option to get your spouse to canada rather than going for visitor visa. Conditions to qualify are:
Job which is under NOC O,A or B. (Employer's letter stating your job duties and responsibilities and NOC cat listed)
Marriage certificate.

But to make you case stronger you can attach as many supporting documents you want. For ex:
Ties to home country
Proof of funds
Fb chats
Whatsapp chat
martial status change with cic
Notice of assessment
your pay stubs
Your wife's previous or current job offer letter
the list keeps going on.

Don't listen to those consultants in India. All they want is to convince you to get some money out of your pockets. They don't really care about the visa. My husband have went to see a bunch in chd and they were telling him the same scenario. I think most of them doesn't even know that SOWP is different than a principal applicant's Open Work permit application. Believe me or not, there's a forum in chd they call themselves immigration lawyers and they told my husband to deposit 1.5 lakh and they will file the SOWP for him, though I had a NOC C job that time, which doesn't qualify for the SOWP application. Just stay away from these type of people. Research yourself, post your concerns here in the forum or consult a good lawyer in Canada only.

We did consult a lawyer here in chd because our case was bit complicated and my husband's Visa came in a month.