Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May,11
AOR Received.
18-July,11
File Transfer...
19-Aug,11
Hello everyone...it was really helpful for me to know about spouse sponsorship from all your emails.
I have a few questions.... first if the time frame stilll like this 5-6 months..... and

what kinda proof we need to submit to the office as proof of wedding? we got married without our family's consent so not big wedding pictures.....but some duet ones taken in the studios.....will that be enough?

what are the eligibility for sponsorship?

Thanks in advance

Farhanz said:
Hey Zzzz and Sadatul...

I was already in Canada. I was waiting for my wife's sponsorship. Yeah, everything went well and she is already here with me in Canada :). Sorry for the long absence. I went to Dhaka for 2.5 weeks to complete my Wedding Reception and to bring her back here. I just returned yesterday.

Here's the complete time line for my wife:

Category........: Family class sponsorship
Visa Office......: Singapore
July 19th, 2010: Sent application to Mississauga.
August 19th, 2010: Received letter from CPC-M confirming eligibility.
August 21st, 2010: Application in process in Singapore.
December 1st, 2010: Approval from Singapore & Received request to submit passport
December 3rd 2010: Passport Submitted to Canadian HC, Dhaka.
January 3rd 2010: Got letter from Canadian HC, Dhaka asking to collect passport
January 5th 2010: Collected Passport with Visa.
January 15th 2010: My wife landed in Canada
Today : She is hating the cold weather!

I hope this helps. In general, I was very satisfied with the time line. Singapore and Mississauga CIC were very quick and processed my wife's application much quicker than the average processing times mentioned in their website (even during Christmas and Holiday season).

The entire process took 5.5 months. Good luck you all.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
No, hello kitty, no letters yet and no change on Ecase, just in process as of june 1st....

And wow, bangkok canuk is already approved and get the passport request! :O I'm jealous. You sent your application like 4 months after I did..

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
tomorrow they are gonna update the processing times, hope SG will reduce their time significantly

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Thanks for the interesting update. I will be watching as well then...

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
bangkok!! u got ur passport req and didnt say nothing omg congrats. u guys are probably the fastest processed couple in the history of SG (im kidding i dont know that for sure!)..
all i can say is im frigging jealous!!

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Uh oh. I just read about a guy that got denied and the vo said it was because no one attended their wedding and they thought it was fake.... I hope we don't get problems because we didnt even have a fucking cerimony..... It wasn't overly important to us to broadcast our marrige to the world, though both family's knew and were happy for us.... We did send tons of other proofs and photos of us with both sides of family meeting and going on many trips together, phone records, addresses, emails, joint account, sending money, marriage contract, etc.... etc....

Maybe this is why it's taking so much longer than others. They think my wife is really a fraudulent whore and we are fake.... I'm starting to get really worried.... I can't have a career in Thailand and my wife's gets wya tooo upset if I even leave for a month.... I've been in Canada working for just 1.5 months now and am heading back to Thailand in 2 weeks time.. Our first period being apart for more than a day in the last 2.5 years...

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenardparnold said:
No, hello kitty, no letters yet and no change on Ecase, just in process as of june 1st....

And wow, bangkok canuk is already approved and get the passport request! :O I'm jealous. You sent your application like 4 months after I did..
Me too! I'm so jealous :'(

I sent mine on Octerber7,2010.
I am very upset now, don't wanna do anything, just line down and sad.
I think maybe because mine is common-law partner not spouse, that's why it takes a little longer.

What do you think?

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
That could be. I didn't realize yours was common law.. I think mine is taking long because we didnt have any formal wedding cerimony and we are spousal.... Now I'm starting to go crazy. Been crying on skype for about 30 min now.... Just have to sit an wait for months and months for an answer that very well could be no......

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenardparnold said:
Uh oh. I just read about a guy that got denied and the vo said it was because no one attended their wedding and they thought it was fake.... I hope we don't get problems because we didnt even have a *censored word*ing cerimony..... It wasn't overly important to us to broadcast our marrige to the world, though both family's knew and were happy for us.... We did send tons of other proofs and photos of us with both sides of family meeting and going on many trips together, phone records, addresses, emails, joint account, sending money, marriage contract, etc.... etc....

Maybe this is why it's taking so much longer than others. They think my wife is really a fraudulent whore and we are fake.... I'm starting to get really worried.... I can't have a career in Thailand and my wife's gets wya tooo upset if I even leave for a month.... I've been in Canada working for just 1.5 months now and am heading back to Thailand in 2 weeks time.. Our first period being apart for more than a day in the last 2.5 years...
Mine even worse, just a common law partner, no ceremonies, no receptions , my parents have never seen him in person just only his family have met me .

But we have been living together for more than 2 years now and I sent a lot of pictures, letters showed the same address,birthday cards,insurance benificiary, joint bank account etc. I hope they will trust us.

I wanna get my PR so badly, I wanna go back to work in the same profession, I got a license to work here in BC , please please give me PR!!!!

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
So you lived in Thailand for 2 years or Canada for 2 years? You are in Canada now?

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenardparnold said:
That could be. I didn't realize yours was common law.. I think mine is taking long because we didnt have any formal wedding cerimony and we are spousal.... Now I'm starting to go crazy. Been crying on skype for about 30 min now.... Just have to sit an wait for months and months for an answer that very well could be no......
Are you in SK now?

I strongy recommend you to go to the MP office which is close to your house.
I want there last week they said they can ask Singapore and can give us more info than CAIPS notes.

My Thai friend in Surrey BC went there 2 times she landed within 9 months ( She landed today)
She applied inside Canada which usually take 18 months but, she and her husband went to see MP asking for help and they got help.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Well then I'd say you have a better chance than me........

I don't know anything about the MP and my return flight is 2 weeks away to go back to Thailand to be with m,y wife.. I thought if we still aren't approved in Novembre I might have to come back again and work for another 2 months or something...

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenardparnold said:
Well then I'd say you have a better chance than me........

I don't know anything about the MP and my return flight is 2 weeks away to go back to Thailand to be with m,y wife.. I thought if we still aren't approved in Novembre I might have to come back again and work for another 2 months or something...
in order to go to the MP , it takes just a few mins or you can make a phone call.

Just do it!! It might help you ;)