Singapore timeline

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arunkumar_c said:
if that is any indication, my case will not be finalized until may 2012.
This is so depressing.
The reason that killing me is all of my Thai friends already got their PR . :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

ssskkk

Jul 26, 2011
blues said:
omg yours is even faster than bangkokcanuck.. ssskkk is your spouse or u Bangladeshi> if so i am extremely surprised at how fast ur case ended!!! also i am really just hoping to see the file move to in process or medicals being received then ill be patient..
Yes, we're from Bangladesh. Perhaps I should consider myself lucky. Or it could be that they're trying to expedite the process. But then again, a friend of mine applied about 12 months ago and the case is still in process. It is really hard to see any pattern. But I think 'medical results have been received' is an indication that the processing is almost complete. Be patient and pray and hope for the best. I understand the pain we all going through..

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bangkokcanuck said:
Hey, yes we did receive the passport request and yes we are quite happy with how quickly it went. I do feel for you even though we only waited four months and tried our best not to focus on it and stress about when it would happen it is hard when your whole life going forward is put on hold knowing you can't do anything about planning for the future until you have the info needed.

I know it's easy for me to say but hang in there guys as long as you know your relationship is legit it will either come through in the application or the interview or if worse comes to worse you go the appeal route just don't give up.
Congrats Bangkokcanuck ;) I am so happy for you.

Unfortunately,I need to re-do medical exam again, hopefully my case will finish within 2 months, It has been almost 10 months already :(

Hope to see you here in BC :)

You are very lucky, I'm jealous ;D

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
ssskkk said:
Yes, we're from Bangladesh. Perhaps I should consider myself lucky. Or it could be that they're trying to expedite the process. But then again, a friend of mine applied about 12 months ago and the case is still in process. It is really hard to see any pattern. But I think 'medical results have been received' is an indication that the processing is almost complete. Be patient and pray and hope for the best. I understand the pain we all going through..
you should consider yourslef EXTREMELY lucky! r u kidding. i have never heard of anyone getting their visa so fast. min i heard was 6 months in general.

i am so jealousssssssssss!! im gonna call CIC once i go back and sort this thing.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
What hello-kitty? So they need to wait until the medical expires to do the new one? They are going to wait until the old medical expires to finalize the case and request new medicals? That is rediculous... Is that what they mean?

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
If they do wait until the old medical expires to request a new one and finalize it, then my medical expires in mid august so maybe I'll hear from them next month or something and be able to come back and have a nice x-mas together... That'd be nice....

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenardparnold said:
If they do wait until the old medical expires to request a new one and finalize it, then my medical expires in mid august so maybe I'll hear from them next month or something and be able to come back and have a nice x-mas together... That'd be nice....
my medical will expire on sep 10 :(

Why don't they finalize our case long time ago?

They started processing your file on June 1st and mine on June 2nd but never finish!!!!!!
Now, I need to wait for a letter and re-do medical again it's expensive here , last time I paid 275$ I think :mad:

arunkumar_c

Apr 30, 2011
my wifes' medical expires sometime late november.

So they are just going to wait for it to expire and make us do another one.
So that will be january 2012 already. Sit on it for a while before they will start processing it.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
I have friend apply Oct 2010 still no answer from singapore always shows in process.
I applied on May 20 2010 still not yet reach Singapore, i am waitting for Quebec CSQ.

Quote from bleuflux

http:// www .canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/may-2011-t70809.0.html;msg898898#msg898898
Good news. My wife just received a letter to send in the passport for immigration visa. Country: Bangladesh | Visa Office : Singapore

Our time was pretty excellent. Its like total 3 months or so.

Application received Mississauga Office : May 4th 2011
Started Processing : June 3rd 2011
Sent letter saying sponsorship approved and sent to Singapore: June 3rd 2011
Singapore Application received : June 9th

ECAS is still in status : In Processing . It also says they started processing July 20th and medical received. Means that it was waiting in Singapore from June 9th till July 20th.

The date on the letter she received is July 21st. Means they took only a day to process and mail it from Singapore.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
WooHoo! I knew something was up when this thread jumped 6 pages in no time.

Congrats! I too am a Feb 2011 applicant. No change yet on ecas :( but sounds like they are moving :)

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
arunkumar, when did they receive your application and when did they start processing it? (not that what they say means much anyways).

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Also I think I mis-understood in regards to hello-kitty's statement. I thought she meant that because the medical is going to expire too soon that they need to wait until it expires before they request a new one.

This does not seem to be the case so what I said earlier was in-accurate. They just said that hello-kitty's application would not be done before the medical expires so she would need to do a new one at another time...

So this just must mean that in cases like ours that take 3 - 4 times as long as others, they believe we are fraudulent criminals and need to conduct extensive background checks or something.

arunkumar_c

Apr 30, 2011
lenardparnold said:
arunkumar, when did they receive your application and when did they start processing it? (not that what they say means much anyways).
My wife is a december 2010 applicant. The file was received by Singapore VO on feb 3rd 2011. The medical tests were done sometime late november 2010.

I think your ecas status is "in process".

Mine just says, application received. It is not even in process, meaning it is just sitting in a pile collecting dust.
By the time they start processing it, the medicals would have expired. I probably have to redo the medical tests, and the file will collect more dust. I am expecting the full 20 month treatment from singapore VO.

I am seriously considering abandoning canada and going back to my home country and start living with my wife. This is not the way to treat family reunification.

arunkumar_c

Apr 30, 2011
The weird thing is if you apply for PR under skilled workers category, the processing time is 14 months, you would probably end up in canada much faster than coming through family class. weird country and weird immigration.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
"I am seriously considering abandoning canada and going back to my home country and start living with my wife. This is not the way to treat family reunification."

I've been thinking the same thing. Getting sick of being treated like a criminal that wants money and having my wife looked at as being some whore who wants to come use Canada for it's money... But then in Thailand I'd only make like 1000$ / month or something... No money for retirement, no house, no new motorcycle. It's really frustrating. Earlier today i was going crazy but i just went out for some beers and now feel better. Still frustrtated but now i just don't care was immigration has in store... Effetcs of booze. :S

And I know tons of people that get into Canada so easily via a tourist visa (7 days processing,) then extension, then apply for work visa, then PR... Most of the people at my work are philipino. No issues for them coming in. But then me and my wife are treated like fradulent criminals and we have to wait 2 years to get life started if we even get approved.... I'm so disappointed with the system now.... :,(