Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
But we had no cerimony. It wasn't too important to us. Both families know about it and are happy about it though. When we got married my wife had a laundry buisness and i was a full tiem student in Thailand and we have no money for a wedding or paying my wife's parents thousands of $$ (a thai tradition where husband buys their daughter)...

I did send pics of us with both famiulies after the marriage and tons of pics from trips to vitenam, malaysia, singapore, etc, joint account info, us sending money together, emails between me and my wfie and my family referewncing events throughout or time togehter, phone call stuyff, etc....

Not sure, though. If singapore thinks we are lying or trying to commit fraud then we are screwed....

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenardparnold said:
But we had no cerimony. It wasn't too important to us. Both families know about it and are happy about it though. When we got married my wife had a laundry buisness and i was a full tiem student in Thailand and we have no money for a wedding or paying my wife's parents thousands of $$ (a thai tradition where husband buys their daughter)...

I did send pics of us with both famiulies after the marriage and tons of pics from trips to vitenam, malaysia, singapore, etc, joint account info, us sending money together, emails between me and my wfie and my family referewncing events throughout or time togehter, phone call stuyff, etc....

Not sure, though. If singapore thinks we are lying or trying to commit fraud then we are screwed....
You will be just fine :) believe me ;)

I know on Thai lady who has no ceremonies , never travel together.
she sent just only one picture to proof , no joint bank acc .She sent Singapore just phone call history, MSN history etc.

and they broke up even before she got her PR.

She got her PR within 4 months ( She applied in Aug,2010)

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
As a spousal application?

Well I don't know what to think... I'm going crazy. :( No response from Singapore and I just have to wait, unemployyed in Thailand with my wife with only one priority and only one thing on my mind, and I can't even do anything about my one priority.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Well I looked up the mps of Canada and found the one closest to me. A 10 minute drive away and I recognized his name. I think he's been in a long time, and hes the only liberal in the whole province. Here I work pretty much 7 days off but cioncidently have tomorrow off. I'm going to drive there in the morning. I don't even know what to say or ask of and don't expect much at all. But I will express my worries and say someone reccomended me go talk to my mp...

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenardparnold said:
Well I looked up the mps of Canada and found the one closest to me. A 10 minute drive away and I recognized his name. I think he's been in a long time, and hes the only liberal in the whole province. Here I work pretty much 7 days off but cioncidently have tomorrow off. I'm going to drive there in the morning. I don't even know what to say or ask of and don't expect much at all. But I will express my worries and say someone reccomended me go talk to my mp...
Please go there and tell him that you elected him and now you and your wife need help then, they will give you a paper , you need to writedown client ID number and your concent.

At least they can help us to get a whole of Singapore.

Good luck,
:D

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
lenardparnold said:
That could be. I didn't realize yours was common law.. I think mine is taking long because we didnt have any formal wedding cerimony and we are spousal.... Now I'm starting to go crazy. Been crying on skype for about 30 min now.... Just have to sit an wait for months and months for an answer that very well could be no......
mate ur case went "in process' this june right? so dont worry, in 1 or 2 months u will get the result. be strong. u will be alright bro.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
lenardparnold said:
No, hello kitty, no letters yet and no change on Ecase, just in process as of june 1st....

And wow, bangkok canuk is already approved and get the passport request! :O I'm jealous. You sent your application like 4 months after I did..
Hey, yes we did receive the passport request and yes we are quite happy with how quickly it went. I do feel for you even though we only waited four months and tried our best not to focus on it and stress about when it would happen it is hard when your whole life going forward is put on hold knowing you can't do anything about planning for the future until you have the info needed.

I know it's easy for me to say but hang in there guys as long as you know your relationship is legit it will either come through in the application or the interview or if worse comes to worse you go the appeal route just don't give up.

Jul 25, 2011
hope17 said:
I have just noticed today, my visa was issued on 10th June in Singapore and I got it back From Canadian high commission of Dhaka on 19th July. What is their problem? This is disappointing.
Hi,

I've also got my PPR but I'm a bit confused. Could you please help me out? In the appendix A form, they ask:

"How would you like us to return your passport?" four options 1. Airmail 2. Registered mail 3. Courier 4. In-person

However, in appendix B, they also ask us to include a self-addressed envelop?

How did you send?

Thanks in advance,

ssskkk

Jul 26, 2011

shafin or any other applicants from Bangladesh, have you guys had your status changed to In Process yet? i know they have been replying to your emails Shafin, but i dont remember if your file says in process yet.. please let me know, thanks.

[/quote]

Hi blues,
I've been following the board for few weeks now, but not replying since I didn't have any update. However recently I got some good news that I thought might give you guys some sense as to the timeline. Again, I guess it varies from case to case..

Here's the chronology of events for my case, which may give you bit of hope. I wish things were faster in your case as well.

Application sent to CPC Mississauga - March 17, 2011
Approved for sponsorship - April 18, 2011
App received in SG office - App 28, 2011
Med received by SG office - July 17, 2011
PP request - July 26, 2011

Thanks

bloomfield

Star Member
Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2006
File Transfer...
05-09-2008
Med's Request
13-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-06-2012
Anybody here with parents application in Singapore? If yes, please share any update you might have.

Mine:
My parents completed their medical on June 20th,2011.
I have also paid RFPF and got the confirmation of payment by CIC Missisauga my mail last week.

Now we are waiting for PP request. When they have sent the medical request, they mentioned that it may take 3 months to get the PPR.
Thanks

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
ssskkk said:

shafin or any other applicants from Bangladesh, have you guys had your status changed to In Process yet? i know they have been replying to your emails Shafin, but i dont remember if your file says in process yet.. please let me know, thanks.

Hi blues,
I've been following the board for few weeks now, but not replying since I didn't have any update. However recently I got some good news that I thought might give you guys some sense as to the timeline. Again, I guess it varies from case to case..

Here's the chronology of events for my case, which may give you bit of hope. I wish things were faster in your case as well.

Thanks
3 months? A sense of a timeline? I've been wating 9 with nothing... :( :mad: This doesn't give me a sense of anything good.. Congrats on your part anyways.

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
ssskkk said:

Hi blues,

omg yours is even faster than bangkokcanuck.. ssskkk is your spouse or u Bangladeshi> if so i am extremely surprised at how fast ur case ended!!! also i am really just hoping to see the file move to in process or medicals being received then ill be patient..

arunkumar_c

Apr 30, 2011
this is weird, that people who applied months after me already got the PR.

While my app is stuck with no change at the singapore visa office since Feb 3rd 2011

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi lenardparnold,

I got a phone call from the MP's office today.
She said she just talked to CIC and they said I need to re-do medical exam again.
They said my case will not be finalized by September10,2011 ( my medical expire date)
She said my case might finish approximately January next year :'(

How come I need to wait that long?????
It has been almost 10 months already, I am so upset :-*