Dec 8, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Jan 27, 2012
Bangkokcanuck said:
That was my question too, some people in another forum said that they generally do stuff in the order its listed in the CAIPS notes.. meaning if they show your medicals done then the other stuff must be done as well. Anybody know if there is any truth to this belief? I realize there is a ton of misinformation out there so just curious...

Welcome to the wonderful wacky insane world of dealing with SG... nothing or very very little they do seems make any sense.
i shouldn't say medical is done, but they already assessed it. so i just said its done. i didn't mean to put any wrong information. i should have said its in progress. Singapore timeline, page 47 i have details of my caips note.
this is what it says
MEDICAL: 1
App Status: In Progress
Due Date: 2012/01/20
IME Status: Assessed
Description: Excessive Demand Exempt applicant with no identified health condition
S Profile: 1
Description: No surveillance required.
MOF Rationale Exits: No
Valid Until: 2011/11/03

But only medical is in progress.
Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
Criminality: not started
and it was printed on 2011-04-07

Cheers

May 11, 2011
There you go, I can’t keep myself away. Like I said earlier....consistency. Here is the fact, when CIC website posted four (4) months for Beijing and 20 for Singapore (not talking about Islamabad~23 months, went down 7 months…good for people from Pakistan, well I guess), it’s not they can but they are affording GROSS inconsistency. Inland application: 17 months. People look at the stats……this is ****ing ridiculous. Policy makers should stay without their better half for that long (if they have one), then hopefully they will see my/our point.

It is never about whether mine or other’s got cleared, it is about the system.

Now, if the system thinks they need 20 months to process a file, why ask for medicals while they know it’s only valid for a year. FUNNY like Al Pacino. To me Canada is a first world country with a third world’s (no, I know it is way less) corruption/mentality. Good luck to all.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
Let me say I could not agree more with you I am one of the lucky ones that I am able to stay with my wife and son during this process and the fact they post 20 months and often people are approved a lot sooner I think just makes it more difficult as you simply don't know what is or is not going on. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the system that much is clear. My good wishes to all still waiting.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
hello-kitty said:
Hi Bangkokcanuck,

Where are you going to stay in Canada?
Hey,

We are going to settle in BC, we have been looking at Kitslano which has the best schools but we are having a hard time finding a house under 1.5 that is near the beach and if we are going to move further away from the beach that would put us out of the catchment we were hoping for school wise. So at that point we would include Victoria in our search houses are about half the cost and there are a couple of very good schools there. We have also been pointed to White Rock as having better weather than Vancouver and more reasonable housing costs but we have not checked out the schools in the area yet so don't know if it is a serious contender on the list.

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bangkokcanuck said:
Hey,

We are going to settle in BC, we have been looking at Kitslano which has the best schools but we are having a hard time finding a house under 1.5 that is near the beach and if we are going to move further away from the beach that would put us out of the catchment we were hoping for school wise. So at that point we would include Victoria in our search houses are about half the cost and there are a couple of very good schools there. We have also been pointed to White Rock as having better weather than Vancouver and more reasonable housing costs but we have not checked out the schools in the area yet so don't know if it is a serious contender on the list.
Wow,,,,,
all the nicest places :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I think the house in Kitsilano might be 1.5 up but, you can get under 1.5 in Victoria and White Rock

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
hello-kitty said:
Wow,,,,,
all the nicest places :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I think the house in Kitsilano might be 1.5 up but, you can get under 1.5 in Victoria and White Rock
We have found a couple of places in Kits under 1.5 but honestly they need a bit of work or they are further away from the beach than we want to be. The homes in Victoria are much better priced most of the ones we like are falling in the 700 to 800k range with little or no work, but then it's the question of living on the Island and how often do we want or need to be on the mainland and the costs and time associated with that. We have not yet looked closely at White Rock but plan to do so in the next week or so.

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bangkokcanuck said:
We have found a couple of places in Kits under 1.5 but honestly they need a bit of work or they are further away from the beach than we want to be. The homes in Victoria are much better priced most of the ones we like are falling in the 700 to 800k range with little or no work, but then it's the question of living on the Island and how often do we want or need to be on the mainland and the costs and time associated with that. We have not yet looked closely at White Rock but plan to do so in the next week or so.

What about North Vancouver?

http://www.mls.ca

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
hello-kitty said:
What about North Vancouver?

http://www.mls.ca
Well true or not haha, my brother lives in BC and he tells me that N. Vancouver has a lot more rain and snow than the other areas we talked about .. so we have been shying away from there at this point. But we are open to ideas.

Jul 25, 2011
Bangkokcanuck said:
Not sure having Vistor's visa would have any effect in a negative way my wife has received two of them in the past. It really does just seem to be the luck of the draw with SG group. But do keep in mind from what I understand having our application go to "in process" really doesn't mean much not like the process will be over next week we likely still have months ahead and at the rate they do things in SG who knows how many... just hang in there.
Hi Bangkokcanuck,

How have you got the passport request parcel? Do they send it using courier service or something else?

Thanks,

hope17

Feb 2, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
n/a
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov,2008, refused sept,2009, Appeal allowed March,2010
Doc's Request.
June, 2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dont know
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Don't know
Med's Request
26th Jan,2011
Med's Done....
27th Jan,2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
27th May,2011 and submitted on June 8,2011
VISA ISSUED...
notification letter sent july 17,2011 Pickedup visa on 19th July,2011. Visa issued on 10th June,2011
LANDED..........
Around mid AUGUST
I have just noticed today, my visa was issued on 10th June in Singapore and I got it back From Canadian high commission of Dhaka on 19th July. What is their problem? This is disappointing.

arunkumar_c

Apr 30, 2011
ecas works for me, no problems there.

But there is no point checking it. Its been sitting there for 6 months without any change.

If my wife can join me only in 2013, i am seriously considering leaving canada and going back to my home country.
Whats the point when your family cannot live with you?

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenardparnold said:
Update for yall. I sent an email through the general inquirey email address and the case specific enquirey, just asking for the current mailing address they have on file and wanting to know if we should do a new medical because we want to speed up the process, etc, and some additional proof. Only a day later (tonight) they already answered the general enquirey email. This is all they said.

"Mr Arnold,

We will be sending a letter with medical form for your wife to undergo a new medical exam and submit additional documents.
Please wait for the letter. Our mailing address for your wife is:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Please confirm if the mailing address is correct."

So I just confirmed the address and said thanks for the quick reply. I hope we get a lettwer sooon. BTW our medicals expire next month so this could be reason fore delay because the application may have been put in a new pile because of that. We did our medicals too early. :(

I'm happy about the quick reply and awaiting this letter.
Hi lenardparnold,

Have you got the letter from Singapore yet?

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
VancouverCanucks said:
Hi Bangkokcanuck,

How have you got the passport request parcel? Do they send it using courier service or something else?

Thanks,
yes we got the parcel on the morning of the 25th. We were put in process on ECAS on July 17th, the letter is dated July 20th so it must have been sent out on the 20th or 21st we got it three business days later which would be about right from SG to BKK.

We have just booked flights to go to SG early next month and hand in my wife's passport in person. They say if you are from out of country and bring it for drop off and are residing overseas they will process in 2 - 3 working days.. so we can avoid sticking the passport in the mail etc.. and have it right away.