Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
arunkumar_c said:
Not really, this is the first marriage for both my wife and I. It should be a straight forward case. I am a canadian PR (singapore citizen), and my wife is a Singapore PR (indian citizen). But my wife was lucky to get a visitors visa to canada. Could that be it?
Not sure having Vistor's visa would have any effect in a negative way my wife has received two of them in the past. It really does just seem to be the luck of the draw with SG group. But do keep in mind from what I understand having our application go to "in process" really doesn't mean much not like the process will be over next week we likely still have months ahead and at the rate they do things in SG who knows how many... just hang in there.

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
omg i would so LOVE to see an in process msg right about now :( it will give me so much hope
i really dont get it.. there are people from last year waiting to get the in process and people from this year are getting it before them... im happy u guys see ur updates but makes me equally sad about what is happening with our file.. my husbands file has been received at SG Jan 13 and it still hasnt moved to in process :( i really dont want them to ask him to re-do his medicals.. i really want this to move.. no activity on their end, no replies to emails.. im just keeping my fingers crossed to see it change to in process before i leave back to canada again :(

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
blues said:
omg i would so LOVE to see an in process msg right about now :( it will give me so much hope
i really dont get it.. there are people from last year waiting to get the in process and people from this year are getting it before them... im happy u guys see ur updates but makes me equally sad about what is happening with our file.. my husbands file has been received at SG Jan 13 and it still hasnt moved to in process :( i really dont want them to ask him to re-do his medicals.. i really want this to move.. no activity on their end, no replies to emails.. im just keeping my fingers crossed to see it change to in process before i leave back to canada again :(
I totally understand your feelings, we were very happy to see the "in process" if for no other reason that it confirms for us that somebody is actually alive in the SG office and if nothing else they managed to update the computer program. I too don't understand what the difference is in a file that was received last Nov etc that is still not showing in process to the group that seemed to go that way from Feb 2011 I realize unless we work there we will never fully understand their system but from an outside looking in point of view it really seems to make very little sense at all.

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
bangkokcanuck: believe me id go out and celebrate if i really get to see it changed before i leave very soon.. the weird thing is even CAIPS notes is taking its sweet time.. its been more a month and a week since we ordered them but its still at 89% being completed!
for some reason im starting to think that the nationality of the person going through immigration is of concern.. as in they tend to look at certain countries earlier than others.. i could be wrong but thats the only thing i can think of.. its frustrating that theres so many diff countries files that go to the singapore office.. i wish our embassy here (Bangladesh) dealed with sponsorship and immigration themselves that would make life so much easier..

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
blues said:
bangkokcanuck: believe me id go out and celebrate if i really get to see it changed before i leave very soon.. the weird thing is even CAIPS notes is taking its sweet time.. its been more a month and a week since we ordered them but its still at 89% being completed!
for some reason im starting to think that the nationality of the person going through immigration is of concern.. as in they tend to look at certain countries earlier than others.. i could be wrong but thats the only thing i can think of.. its frustrating that theres so many diff countries files that go to the singapore office.. i wish our embassy here (Bangladesh) dealed with sponsorship and immigration themselves that would make life so much easier..
I agree that having so many countries using the one SG office hardly seems the best way to do things and I have also heard a lot of grumbling from people that some countries are indeed treated differently than others. The only thing I will say to that is my wife is Thai and for some very obvious and non legit reasons people tend to have a negative view of women from Thailand for no reason other than what they read in the Western media or heard from a friend of a friend type thing. So we are prepared for a long long wait, we have put plans in place in case we end up with a 20 month wait etc.. someone also told me that there is one VO for each of the countries that SG processes so if your country has a lot of apps it will take a lot longer than another country with less. That was 100% hearsay they had no proof, but I am pretty much willing to believe anything odd that I hear in regards to the SG office which I know is not fair to them at all.. but it is human nature after seeing how they seem to operate

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
ah from the looks of it, u guys should have no problems hopefully (nothing to do with Thailand women atleast!) and it shouldnt take u 20 months to complete.. i dont think any of these countries have very high load of applications each.. people who visited the SG office have witnessed them being slow so i would really blame them and not the load of applications.. but yeah when you hear so many things about one visa office you have no reason to not believe anything you hear!

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
blues said:
ah from the looks of it, u guys should have no problems hopefully (nothing to do with Thailand women atleast!) and it shouldnt take u 20 months to complete.. i dont think any of these countries have very high load of applications each.. people who visited the SG office have witnessed them being slow so i would really blame them and not the load of applications.. but yeah when you hear so many things about one visa office you have no reason to not believe anything you hear!
Well I hope you get some good news soon and I guess we are all just stuck in wait mode and the only thing I have found is to just not focus on it too much I try to check in the forum once a week and catch up with the threads that matter to me.. other than that I try to not read too much or compare my case to any others... I know it's much easier said than done it is a tough process. hang in there.

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
lol thanks canuck.. thing is i have free time on hand these days thats y its hard for me to keep away form checking up.. i wish all the people stuck from last year get updates!

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bangkokcanuck said:
Ok let me edit my previous reply to your post. I just checked after reading your post and my wife's application was also changed to;

We received XXXXX XXXXXXXXX application for permanent residence on March 17, 2011.

We started processing XXXXX XXXXXXX application on July 17, 2011.

Medical results have been received

So at the risk of sounding uninformed yet again what exactly does in process mean to us?

Still possibility of interview?

Is there a timeline we should be expecting from this point on?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.. I will search the forum as well to see what any of this might mean.
็Hi BangkokCanucks,

Congrats ;) ;) ;)

when they said med results have been received your wife will get the letter asking for her passport soon.

I am so happy for you ;D

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
Hi There,
Any March applicant here? I submitted my application at 27th, March. Status changed for the February applicants to 'In process' , Hope ours will change soon. Congratulations to all the February applicants whose status has been changed. How long it might take after this status change, anybody has any idea??

Thanks in advance.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
hello-kitty said:
็Hi BangkokCanucks,

Congrats ;) ;) ;)

when they said med results have been received your wife will get the letter asking for her passport soon.

I am so happy for you ;D
Really? Soon ya think? Hmmm I am trying to just stay calm about this and not get my hopes up that beyond all logic the wait might be a lot shorter than we had planned for... we have two trips booked so far this summer/fall and we are talking about canceling them and going to Canada instead if her PPR comes in the next little while, get the landing issue out of the way then come back to BKK and clean up our business here. Hmmmm now my head is spinning... you really think soon huh.. well that would be great for sure.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
Ok so any opinions on what this means? My wife's application changed to "in process" last night and this morning she asked to see it as she never logs in etc, etc.. so I logged it in to show her and it is changed again from last night. See pic below.

So the top section is obviously our address and it's correct... but below you can see there are now two rows, both have my wife's name listed on the left hand side. The top one says "in process" on both Sponsorship and Application, the bottom one says "decision made" on the sponsorship and "in process" for the application, note my crude arrow..

The only curious thing about this is last night the lower line was not there... does this mean anything at all or is their software just going wacky seemed odd to me that it would change over night like that.. so just thought I'd ask.. you know the only stupid question is one you don't ask ;D

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
This happened to me too and I was going to post screenshots.

Before there was only oine line that said "Decision made" under sponsorship application and "in process" in the PR column. Before this forst colum said "decision made on xx" when you clicked on "decision made" for the sponsorship application, and then just "recieved application on dec 8th, 2010 and started processing on june 1st 2001" when you clicked on "in process" for the pr.

Now the first line appeared to change to show the exact date that the sponsorship appl was recieved in mississauga and the date of processing and the date they sent out the letter when the decision was made, which all seems accurate. And it still says the same thing when you click on "in process" for the PR. "App recieived dec 8, 2010 and in process as of june 1st."

But the other new line seems all waked out. It says "in process" for both the original sponsorship app that I thought was already approved and for the PR as well. Under "in process" for the sponsorship app it says "appl recieved on dec 8th 2010, but then in process as off dec 10, 2010" which makes no sense at all and isn't even reffering to the original sponsorship application timeline that was supposed to be done in mississauga. Then when you click on " in process" for tyhe PR app it is still correct and says the same "recieved on dec 8th, 2010 and in process on june 1st 2011."

I don't know I think it just messed up. I hope at least.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
lenardparnold said:
I don't know I think it just messed up. I hope at least.
Well then I guess I will just ignore it for now. I did click into the links and they all did seem to make sense and line up date wise. I just found it odd that last night it was not there and today it was, yet there was no material change to the info it contained.. thanks for the input.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
Wait, thats weird Bangkokcanuk.. You said before the only line that was there said "in process" for both the sponsorship app and the pr app?

For me, the only line that was there before said decision made for the sponsroship app and then in process for the pr app, and the NEW LINE now says in process for both.

So it seems like the new line is the one of the top and it bumped the original one down to the bottom. For me, the line on the bottom seems like the original line and is all accurate, and the line on the top seems to be the new line and the dates seems strange....

But your immplying that the lower line is the new line rather than the top one bumping the bottom one down, and before it said "in process" for both applications?

Here's a theory... The top line is a new line that is only for the singapore office, because it is saying that my sponsorship app is still in process too.. So maybe singapore processes my application to sponsor "again" as well as my wife's pr. I have no idea...