+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would definitely update everyone here once I get a response from them first thing tomorrow!
us2yow said:
Guess you should call and ask them.....let us know if you get any new response on when e-CAS will be up and running for the email AOR folks also know as C00000xxx-ers ! LOL

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, i just called up CIC this afternoon. The agent really tried his best to search for our file, taking our PR number, and receipt number.
He said that he can see our payment but is not associated yet with a file. He said that since the application was received 26th Sept, which is Friday, he asked us to wait till Monday to give some room for delays.

sweeteldora said:
Hi everyone,

I am also a September applicant who has not received any acknowledgement as of today. I sent it on Sep 17, it was received on Sep 19.
I called CIC helpline today. The automated messaged says they are processing applications received until Oct 21st.
The agent was not able to locate my file, but recommended I wait until early Jan to call again since it's been a very busy time for them and that December slows down. I asked if I should apply again, he suggested to wait until Jan to see if I receive any mail.

I was wondering if it's a good idea wait until Jan considering the new Citizenship Act comes into place? Any thoughts?

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
itguy78 said:
I'm not an expert, but I understand that if your application is "in process" and you haven't already notified CIC of your travels you should call them so they add a note to your file saying that you'll be travelling until March -- otherwise you'll face the risk of them scheduling something for you in Canada during this time which means you either you have to fly back early or you'll miss the appointment (assuming you even have a way to know they mailed you any notices).
From what I understand, the fact that you're not in Canada should not impact your application, but missing appointments might (even if you are in Canada).
I have read that appointments i. e test can be rescheduled over the phone with a genuine reasoning. Ido not want them to delay the file process by notifying them..

HOP

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03/24/10
File Transfer...
05/26/10
Med's Request
10/08/10
Med's Done....
10/18/10
Passport Req..
11/04/10
VISA ISSUED...
28/06/11
LANDED..........
20/09/11
Hi guys,

I called up CIC today and its says in their voice message while waiting for an agent to answer that if your application was received after October 1 (Wednesday) then it is not being process yet. I don't get it why others has their AOR already while their application where sent it or acknowledge after Oct 1. Well, it is what it is. I am happy for them.

By the way, the agent was so helpful, he asked our client ID number and I gave him the ID no. in our PR Card, he said it doesn't work, I gave him the receipt no. and date but he couldn't find our file. when I told him its a family application actually, he told me to wait for another 4 to 6 weeks because my application was received close to the end of September maybe it was just recently opened and its a family application so it would take a little while than a single application to review.

Cheers everyone! will get there when we get there!

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Received line disappeared today i.e 9th Dec 2014; received hard copy for AOR as well in mail by Canada Post

In Process - 20th Nov 2014

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As expected, received AOR and book today via Canada Post.

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay95 said:
How do we receive Test Date communication; is it by email or mail by Canada Post ?
Based on forum members, we will receive test date letter via mail as our applications are processing through old system. The test date is supposed to be updated on eCAS as well.

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news today!!!
I received AOR and book today via Canada Post. ;D ;D

maysee

Dec 9, 2014
Hi all, New to this forum. Applied on 26 th sept , recieved on 29th sept by CIC . Received a Paper AOR and book by canada post today ,i mean about 1545 in the post, with App no. C000XXXXX. No ecas no e mail aor. called cic this morning and last week no trace of application in the call center database.

Wondering what is happening .......... can some one advise?? Thanks in advance.

Alister62

Dec 3, 2014
Good news today!!!
I received AOR and book today via Canada Post. This is the first time I heard from CIC since applied on September 8. Good luck to all.

machan

Oct 29, 2014
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here guys :) received AOR and study book today by canada post....

Citizenship:
Date Sent => 27-Sep-2014
Date Received => 28-Sep-2014
Processing Started => 17-Nov-2014
Rcvd Line disappeared => 25-Nov-2014
AOR in Mailbox => 9-Dec-2014

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
machan said:
Same here guys :) received AOR and study book today by canada post....

Citizenship:
Date Sent => 27-Sep-2014
Date Received => 28-Sep-2014
Processing Started => 17-Nov-2014
Rcvd Line disappeared => 25-Nov-2014
AOR in Mailbox => 9-Dec-2014
looks we have a similar updates.
where is your local office?

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
machan said:
honestly I dont know my local office?
I live in Toronto and probably kipling?
Well, I guess Scarborough!!! for me Mississauga.
Both offices are very fast.