September 2014 Citizenship Application

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
Ralph82,

You applied in Aug (by which time email AOR got more common). Did you get an email AOR or the envelope in the mail with the book ?
No, I didn't receive email but the E-cas has been updated since Sep 17.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Did you mean since Nov 17 ?

or one date is Sep 17 and another is Nov 17 ?

Which also likely means you are a GTA applicant ? They seem to be treating them differently (guess the vote Bank with so many immigrants there who were already ticked off earlier with the big backlogs in GTA of 2011-2012__

bkhan37

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
Hey everyone,
I also applied on Sept 9th and haven't received any AOR yet, but today the CIC agent told me on phone that they just started processing my application last Thursday and that they have already sent me an email. He said not to worry about the AOR and start preparing for the exam, as it can get scheduled anytime between one month from now till 24 months.
I haven't received any email (checked the junk mails too), and I still cannot access ecas...but atleast I'm feeling better than yesterday about my application.
@IRCANADA: Have you received any emails?

Nov 21, 2014
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 26, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 26, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 17, 2014.

4. The received line disappeared on Nov 25. 2014

5. Received discover Canada on Dec 8.2014

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
Did you mean since Nov 17 ?

or one date is Sep 17 and another is Nov 17 ?

Which also likely means you are a GTA applicant ? They seem to be treating them differently (guess the vote Bank with so many immigrants there who were already ticked off earlier with the big backlogs in GTA of 2011-2012__
Sorry, I meant Nov 17.
Yes, from Mississauga. Do you mean faster?

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GREENAPPLETREE said:
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 26, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 26, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 17, 2014.

4. The received line disappeared on Nov 25. 2014

5. Received discover Canada on Dec 8.2014
we are in the same precess but I haven't received yet the book.

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick update
Got my book today and the letter dated 14 november my line though didn't disappear.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone get the Email AOR and have their eCAS updated or activated?? How long did it take since you have received the email?

Thanks

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GREENAPPLETREE said:
the sending date is Nov 17, I think you will receive it soon :))
I hope so !!!! ;)
Where is your local CIC office?

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GREENAPPLETREE said:
I am in Montreal.
y a quelqu'un m'a informé que l'OATH, à montreal, est sur le champs dés que vous passez l'examin?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
IRCANADA said:
Did anyone get the Email AOR and have their eCAS updated or activated?? How long did it take since you have received the email?

Thanks
The Call Centre has been consistently saying they are updating their systems and people who received email AOR should be able to see their status AFTER the systems are updated.

I am pretty sure all email AOR recipients have not been able to access e-CAS to date / until today. I also wonder if once the systems are up ...it might be some new updated looking interface with the same name e-CAS ?

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When is that system going to get updated??
I have no idea if they are going to have any changes in regards to the interface looks and functionality. As long as I have the access i dont really care how it looks and what its called.

us2yow said:
The Call Centre has been consistently saying they are updating their systems and people who received email AOR should be able to see their status AFTER the systems are updated.

I am pretty sure all email AOR recipients have not been able to access e-CAS to date / until today. I also wonder if once the systems are up ...it might be some new updated looking interface with the same name e-CAS ?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Guess you should call and ask them.....let us know if you get any new response on when e-CAS will be up and running for the email AOR folks also know as C00000xxx-ers ! LOL