+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Miumiu said:
Oooohhh... they is just ridicule.
This means nobody here is safe, Even our myCIC profiles indicate "Medical: Passed"????
The only difference I can find between the details on meds given in the CIC website is this :

Click here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/index.asp

Open 2 tabs - One link that says "Immigrate to Canada" and the second one that says "Come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker"

In the second link , there are a few extra sentences as mentioned below.

"
You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam if you apply under one of the following categories:

Workers
Students
Visitors (including Parent and Grandparent Super Visa)
"
Other than this, there is no difference whatsoever between the two pages. :( :( . I'm really sorry for what happened to you. I really really hope that they will reconsider reopening your case. I wish you all the very best.

kettysem

Apr 16, 2015
Miumiu said:
This means nobody here is safe, Even our myCIC profiles indicate "Medical: Passed"????
I agree, this is ridiculous, my physician (I'm from Ukraine) also told me that those who apply through EE, have Worker in their information sheet, as there is no other option in eMedicals for EE applicants. Now i'm freaking out ((

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O boy....now I am confused o.

I did my medicals April 24th and the doctor asked for my status VISITOR back then. I also used this for my Open Work Permit which I have just received the approval last week. Details below:

IME: Non EDE
Upfront medical type: Visitor

Examination required for this visa application:

501 Medical Examination
502 Chest X-ray examination
707 HIV test
712 Syphilis Test (VDRL or RPR)

I believe the medicals we do should be valid for all purpose as they never mentioned that PR medicals has a different format.

I just hope my application sails through.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Oh god, sorry to hear this Yelena! Keeping my fingers crossed that they reopen your application.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no need to be sorry for me, or to freak out ( I am not freaking out, and I have given this process more money and time I can afford).

If they don't reopen my case and find another (valid) reason to reject my application, I declare this entire process corrupt anyway.

sorry but these are the facts.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
kettysem said:
I agree, this is ridiculous, my physician (I'm from Ukraine) also told me that those who apply through EE, have Worker in their information sheet, as there is no other option in eMedicals for EE applicants. Now i'm freaking out ((
Exactly!!!

Here's what happened to me when i went to an international clinic in Beijing to get my medical on July 25:

The nurse told me if i wanted an upfront medical check, I could not choose "Immigration" as the type, and that i had to choose either of these four categories "Study", "Family Reunion", "Worker", "Visiting family member". So i said I belonged to neither, i just belonged "Immigration".

But she said that "Immigration" requires me to have a medical form from local visa office which i did not have. I explained to her about Express Entry, the new system this year 2015, she looked at me and she told me she never heard of it. Their uploading system does not have such a button labeling "Express Entry", so it has to be the four categories above.

So i asked around among my fellow Chinese applicants on a forum, those who had already landed a visa thru EE, they told me they all had chosen "Reunion", voila, therefore my type of Medical Check is "Reunion"... It shows:
IME: EDE
Upfront medical type: Family-EDE

This is really messed up. They, CIC does not communicate with international clinics/hospitals about EE, and it ends up in this miscommunication. And we the applcants will be the victims... Sorry i might be exaggerating things a bit, but seriously!! How hard is it for them to work this out??

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
I have 3 active accounts in two banks (TD & RBC). I did create a table with the name of the bank, account type, account number and the balance in each account in addition to the letters from the respective financial institution and the past 6 month statements stamped and signed by the bank executive.
Holy smoke! I've got some debts to pay off in my accounts. Will this have a negative impact on any application. I've not been invited yet but i'm preparing ahead. What do you think about existing debt even if i have the required funds in my account?

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
yengyeng said:
Holy smoke! I've got some debts to pay off in my accounts. Will this have a negative impact on any application. I've not been invited yet but i'm preparing ahead. What do you think about existing debt even if i have the required funds in my account?
Pay your debts and see what is left in your account. Cic is very much unpredictable these days, try not to open any doors for cic to reject your profile. Pay off your debts and clear your all liabilities and see whats left behind.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Yelena,

sorry to hear about your rejection.

I did my upfront medical exam in with panel physician in Belgrade, and I am also added to the Worker category since eMedical is not providing category for Upfront medical exam for immigration purposes. I already had one rejection because of proof of education, and now I am really worried that I may be rejected for the same reason as you are. Luckily, I did not submit my second application yet, and now I am unsure what to do.
My medical report contains following:
Client Visa details:
IME: Non EDE
Upfront medical type: Worker
Examinations required for this type of visa:
501 Medical Examination
502 Chest X-Ray Examination
707 HIV test
712 Syphilis test (VDRL or RPR)

I am now unsure on what to do, since this is the only panel physician in Serbia (same as for Croatia), and I would like to avoid being rejected again. Can someone advise on what to do please?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
yengyeng said:
You do not necessarily have to disclose your debts to CIC. Like Asivad has pointed out so many times elsewhere on this forum, you do not get a chance to showcase your assets tied to those loans and hence if you show them those loans/debts, you might become ineligible. So, as long as you have the required funds in your account that are unencumbered, you are good to go.

Hope this helps!

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Miumiu said:
Wait... it happened after the medicals were passed?!
Now I'm worried, too... as mine says "Worker". :-/

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding the medicals...
Someone posted this explanation in another thread for the type of medicals that need to be done:

The response I got from the physician (in Montreal) is
They keep it Family-EDE for fall the PR applicants
Worker for people who apply for a work permit
Visitor of people applying for TEmporary resident Visa
student for who applying for a student permit

from what I can tell, the medical exam is the same for each type and I'd guess that CIC don't usually care which is listed as long as the correct tests are done. Yelena must have gotten a picky officer...

At least I hope so, cause I just checked mine and it says Visitor but all the right tests are done.. Otherwise I've to find a way to argue that Permanent Residency is actually temporary considering the obligations to maintain a physical presence in the country or else lose it..

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
purplesnow said:
Regarding the medicals...
Someone posted this explanation in another thread for the type of medicals that need to be done:

The response I got from the physician (in Montreal) is
They keep it Family-EDE for fall the PR applicants
Worker for people who apply for a work permit
Visitor of people applying for TEmporary resident Visa
student for who applying for a student permit

from what I can tell, the medical exam is the same for each type and I'd guess that CIC don't usually care which is listed as long as the correct tests are done. Yelena must have gotten a picky officer...

At least I hope so, cause I just checked mine and it says Visitor but all the right tests are done.. Although I could maybe argue that PR is technically temporary residency as until citizenship is granted it needs to be maintained in order to keep it..
I thought that the type has no effect on the application. Actually the type on my medical under express entry is student and i passed the medical. Therefore i think that it doesnot matter

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chantal111 said:
I thought that the type has no effect on the application. Actually the type on my medical under express entry is student and i passed the medical. Therefore i think that it doesnot matter
what I'm saying is I don't think it usually does matter. But the person who had passed medicals and then got rejected because their medical type was for temporary visas, may have just gotten someone who's very picky, or new to the job and maybe following everything to the letter.

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
purplesnow said:
what I'm saying is I don't think it usually does matter. But the person who had passed medicals and then got rejected because their medical type was for temporary visas, may have just gotten someone who's very picky, or new to the job and maybe following everything to the letter.
Ya i agree.