+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
This is terrible. CIC should've at least issued a clarification request instead of outright cancellation.

Check with the doctor if there is any major difference between the medicals for temporary residence vs PR medicals. Ask another panel physician the same question just to get a 2nd opinion.
The Panel book clearly says it is the responsibility of the Clinic staff to identify and mark the type of the exam. This applicant may have a good case via CSE and clearly inform that its not him who would select the options.

Do you know what should be actual values to select for this medical exam ??

4.3.2 Upfront Medicals (UFMs)
UFM examinations are performed when clients report to a panel physician for their IME
before a visa application has been submitted to CIC. Clients who undergo UFMs will not
have a Medical Report (IMM 1017) issued by CIC, nor will their information be stored in
the eMedical system.
The Medical Report (IMM 1017B UFM) is provided to panel clinics by the Health Branch.
These forms are pre-populated with a Unique Medical Identifier (UMI#) and a barcode.
Panel clinics will be required to identify one of the following UFM categories:
 Student
 Worker
 Visitor
 Family (EDE)
 Refugee Claimant (in Canada only)

martinsdaddy

Jul 24, 2015
Maldives
yelena said:
mine has:

117 Gastroenterologist's report
501 Medical Examination
502 Chest X-ray Examination
707 HIV test Completed Institut for blod transfusion
708 Hepatitis B test Completed Institut for blod transfusion
712 Syphilis Test (VDRL or RPR) Completed Institut for blod transfusion
716 Hepatitis C test Completed Institut for blod transfusion
Consent provided
the Gastro exam was the additional exam cic required, and I had that additionaly.
so yes, mine has everything yours does, with some extra...

I don't know.

From what I know, I have done EVERYTHING humanly possible. If they don't reopen my application, I will not apply again as I can't go thru this again, financially or phisycaly. I had to take time off work to get everything done.

this is the best I can do., and from where I stand this is everything I will do at this time.

If it doesn't work, I will get to Canada diferently.. like many other people do.

so.. I am making a willing decision to not give any more of myself for this process.. If they refuse my application for a reason like this one, so be it.. unfair or unlucky., what ever..

Yelena, sorry about your rejection. Based on the information you provided above, your medical was assessed by the physician for temporal residents. And yes, there is a slight difference. I will advice that you re-do your medicals, this time at a different clinic. Be strong and do not despair. If you have come this far, you can surely make it. Regards

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
martinsdaddy said:
Yelena, sorry about your rejection. Based on the information you provided above, your medical was assessed by the physician for temporal residents. And yes, there is a slight difference. I will advice that you re-do your medicals, this time at a different clinic. Be strong and do not despair. If you have come this far, you can surely make it. Regards
And how is it different??

jhaedin

May 22, 2015
Hi Asivad!
Im so sad to hear the news re: your application. Your such a BIG HELP in this forum. I hope and pray that your next application will be a successful one. :)

Asivad, I have a few questions and hoping you answer it. If you got refusal from your application, what is next thing to do? Do you have to create a new profile? What are you going to do next? Or wait for another draw?
What if you decline first your application because you cant provide some of the document? What is the best thing to do after you decline? Are you going to create another profile or wait for another draw? Please enlighten me Asivad.
Thank you in advance :)

martinsdaddy

Jul 24, 2015
Maldives
Phil89 said:
And how is it different??
The medical exam posted by Yelena is similar to that required for temporary residents who will practice in certain occupations or who have had a medical history that needs attention. It has similar components as the routine medical examination test required for workers, visitors, or family, but it is for a different use. E.g. Yelena's medical result if set to passed , means that she can donate blood in Canada.
I wonder why the physician did this type of test.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhaedin said:
Hi Asivad!
Im so sad to hear the news re: your application. Your such a BIG HELP in this forum. I hope and pray that your next application will be a successful one. :)

Asivad, I have a few questions and hoping you answer it. If you got refusal from your application, what is next thing to do? Do you have to create a new profile? What are you going to do next? Or wait for another draw?

You can choose to send in a CSE or create a new profile and wait for the next ITA.

What if you decline first your application because you cant provide some of the document? What is the best thing to do after you decline? Are you going to create another profile or wait for another draw? Please enlighten me Asivad.

If you don't have all the documents, you can choose to decline the ITA and wait for the next draw.

Thank you in advance :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So here is what I have done since my refusal. Strongly advise anyone else using gifts as a partial/complete source of funds to provide all possible documents to conclusively prove that the gift is here to stay.

> Got additional signed & stamped documentation from the bank which clearly establishes debit from my father's account and credit to my account - to conclusively prove that the monies did indeed physically transfer from one account to the other.

> Got a fresh bank certificate that states that my account balance is well in excess of 11,931 CAD and the 6 months average balance is also healthy now because the monies have stayed around untouched for more than 4 months.

> Got my father to give me a a fresh self-signed declaration to reinforce the act of 'gifting' me the funds earlier and mentioned all possible transaction details in this letter.

> Made a document explanation pdf which identifies each of these documents by name and explains the purpose of acquiring each of these documents.

> Created a CSE (used up nearly all of the 1500 words allowed to outline my reasoning for them to reassess my application in the light of this documentation while reiterating that none of these documents are post-facto and pertain to claims originally made in my application), attached all the above mentioned documents, submitted the CSE and received an auto acknowledgment which indicates a 30 day response window.

> Created a new EE profile (I'm still north of 450 but I've lost considerable points because of my birthday, growing older is never fun!) and will wait for either CIC to reopen my application based on the CSE (remote possibility) or send me another ITA (more likely).

Looking forward...

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
So here is what I have done since my refusal. Strongly advise anyone else using gifts as a partial/complete source of funds to provide all possible documents to conclusively prove that the gift is here to stay.

> Got a fresh bank certificate that states that my account balance is well in excess of 11,931 CAD and the 6 months average balance is also healthy now because the monies have stayed around untouched for more than 4 months.

Looking forward...
Hi Asivad,

I hope the CSE will work for you, and your application will be reopened... You are a good person, and you deserved it.

I want to ask for your opinion on "healthy" 6 months average balance... My case is similar to yours, and last 4 months full amount is on my account, untouched. However, my average balance (I plan to ask for a single figure for this purpose) is 75,9% of the required amount. Do you think this should be sufficient not to raise any questions? Do you think I will need to provide additional explanation via LoE, or just to upload bank statement as-is?

Thanks in advance,
Boske

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:

> Got additional signed & stamped documentation from the bank which clearly establishes debit from my father's account and credit to my account - to conclusively prove that the monies did indeed physically transfer from one account to the other.

> Got my father to give me a a fresh self-signed declaration to reinforce the act of 'gifting' me the funds earlier and mentioned all possible transaction details in this letter.

> Made a document explanation pdf which identifies each of these documents by name and explains the purpose of acquiring each of these documents.

> Created a CSE (used up nearly all of the 1500 words allowed to outline my reasoning for them to reassess my application in the light of this documentation while reiterating that none of these documents are post-facto and pertain to claims originally made in my application), attached all the above mentioned documents, submitted the CSE and received an auto acknowledgment which indicates a 30 day response window.

> Created a new EE profile (I'm still north of 450 but I've lost considerable points because of my birthday, growing older is never fun!) and will wait for either CIC to reopen my application based on the CSE (remote possibility) or send me another ITA (more likely).

Looking forward...
Asivad,

If I may suggest (although I may not be qualified to), please get your affidavit from your father notarized if you haven't done that yet. I personally do not want any surprises from CIC on your application. So, in good conscience, I strongly suggest that you get the affidavit from your father notarized.

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
Poking my head back around the door and I'm shocked and dismayed to see the most helpful person on the forum get rejected especially that lengthy In Process limbo. I wish you the best of luck in your CSE and failing that reapplication.

Really hope for light at the end of the tunnel for Asivad and the rest of you.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boske83 said:
Hi Asivad,

I hope the CSE will work for you, and your application will be reopened... You are a good person, and you deserved it.

I want to ask for your opinion on "healthy" 6 months average balance... My case is similar to yours, and last 4 months full amount is on my account, untouched. However, my average balance (I plan to ask for a single figure for this purpose) is 75,9% of the required amount. Do you think this should be sufficient not to raise any questions? Do you think I will need to provide additional explanation via LoE, or just to upload bank statement as-is?

Thanks in advance,
Boske
25% is large enough a difference to merit an explanation.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Asivad,

If I may suggest (although I may not be qualified to), please get your affidavit from your father notarized if you haven't done that yet. I personally do not want any surprises from CIC on your application. So, in good conscience, I strongly suggest that you get the affidavit from your father notarized.
Probably a valid point. But I don't think a gift letter, signed in original, to be notarized because the function of a notary is largely to authenticate a copy based on original documents. So I did not get this notarized.

Anyways, the deed is done. If CIC chooses to not reopen my application, I'm resigned to wait for another ITA. The longer that takes, the lesser I need to worry about POF because the funds would have stayed in my account for longer than 6 months by then.

I'll probably need to worry about PCC for current country of residence because there is a possibility that the authorities might not issue a fresh PCC within 1 year of getting the last one. I'll cross that bridge if and when I get there.

vigneshj

Jun 22, 2015
Asivad

So Sad to hear about your rejection, sorry to ask again what is average balance statement, if i keep a amount of 4 Lakhs INR in my account for 6 months or more, what will be the average here.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vigneshj said:
Asivad

So Sad to hear about your rejection, sorry to ask again what is average balance statement, if i keep a amount of 4 Lakhs INR in my account for 6 months or more, what will be the average here.
Your bank can calculate this for you. In the example you cite, the average balance over 6 months is slightly above 4 Lakhs depending on the interest payout.