+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Asivad and Anaya. Hearing your opinions is really helpful.

I was thinking of sending a letter to confirm my promotion and that the promotion does not impact the duties and responsibilities mentioned in my earlier reference letter. In my CSE message I will say the purpose of the attachment is to update CIC with regards to my pay increase and promotion. Of course the new reference letter will be dated.

Does that seem like an okay course of action for me to do next week or will it create attention?

I am currently away from the office and for the first time ever I am hoping CIC does not touch my application this week :(

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
There are two requirements of cic Regarding reference letter. Dated is when the letter is issued, it's important for cic to know when the letter was issued. Second requirement is time period of serving. If its current then starting date is only important and wordings like currently working with xxx company as xxxx. Most important catch for cic is when the the letter was issued.

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Hello Guys,

Just a quick question.

Assume you had a Police Certificate from the UK dated 10 Jan 2015.
Assume the Police Certificate is now 14 months old.

You've not returned to the UK since the certificate was issued, is it OK to use the certificate as it is?

Or must you request for a new certificate?

Will your application be rejected because you've used a PCC which is more than 6 months old, even though you've not been to the country again (UK).

Your responses will be appreciated.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silasnjita said:
Hello Guys,

Just a quick question.

Assume you had a Police Certificate from the UK dated 10 Jan 2015.
Assume the Police Certificate is now 14 months old.

You've not returned to the UK since the certificate was issued, is it OK to use the certificate as it is?

Or must you request for a new certificate?

Will your application be rejected because you've used a PCC which is more than 6 months old, even though you've not been to the country again (UK).

Your responses will be appreciated.
It is valid if you've never visited that country since obtaining that PCC.

starsniper_11

Jan 2, 2015
Hi Asivad and others,

I have a small doubt on my wife's PCC... she was in India till June 19th, 2015, after which she travelled to Canada to visit me...She is on a single entry visitor visa currently and had never travelled to Canada before. Right before travelling to Canada, she had obtained her PCC from India, dated June 12th, 2015.

Is this going to be valid.. since CIC says one should obtain a PCC after the last time lived in a country, if it is not the current country of residence.

Would appreciate if you can advise whether I should get a new PCC for her.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Proof of work experience

Purpose

To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements
•The personalized document checklist in MyCIC prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
•At completeness check, the processing office only determines whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

•a reference or experience letter from the employer ◦should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant's name, the company's contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company);

◦should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

They really should add "dated" to this instruction

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
sam_172452 said:
Proof of work experience

Purpose

To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements
•The personalized document checklist in MyCIC prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
•At completeness check, the processing office only determines whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

•a reference or experience letter from the employer ◦should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant's name, the company's contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company);

◦should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

They really should add "dated" to this instruction
I believe the word dated means when the letter was issued. This obvious for everyone i dont think cic should mention it.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
starsniper_11 said:
Hi Asivad and others,

I have a small doubt on my wife's PCC... she was in India till June 19th, 2015, after which she travelled to Canada to visit me...She is on a single entry visitor visa currently and had never travelled to Canada before. Right before travelling to Canada, she had obtained her PCC from India, dated June 12th, 2015.

Is this going to be valid.. since CIC says one should obtain a PCC after the last time lived in a country, if it is not the current country of residence.

Would appreciate if you can advise whether I should get a new PCC for her.
That PCC is valid. India remains her country of residence as she is on a visitor visa to Canada so that condition doesn't apply in her case.

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
Good morning to all!

Have any of you submitted your PR application without a FBI report (with explanation letter) and then submitted a CSE with it once you got it? If so, have any gotten a reply from CIC (apart from the automatic reply received upon submission of CSE)?

I submitted mine via CSE a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard a word about it. Just curious if they ever acknowledge the reception.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kucuy15 said:
Good morning to all!

Have any of you submitted your PR application without a FBI report (with explanation letter) and then submitted a CSE with it once you got it? If so, have any gotten a reply from CIC (apart from the automatic reply received upon submission of CSE)?

I submitted mine via CSE a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard a word about it. Just curious if they ever acknowledge the reception.
Yes I think they do acknowledge receiving documents at times. Last time I sent a CSE I got an acknowledgement that the documents were received. However, I am not sure if that is procedure they always follow or if sometimes your documents get added without you receiving any form of acknowledgement.

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
sam_172452 said:
Yes I think they do acknowledge receiving documents at times. Last time I sent a CSE I got an acknowledgement that the documents were received. However, I am not sure if that is procedure they always follow or if sometimes your documents get added without you receiving any form of acknowledgement.
Thanks for the reply sam_172452! It is a bit frustrating not to know if things are indeed moving along with our applications...

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone got application reopened recently?

I am still waiting for response on my CSE, submitted June 16th... Still no refund too...

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Guys/Asivad Anac,

I also have a question related to date of Reference Letter. I got reference letter from my current organization in June 2015 and I received ITA on 11th July 2015. Will this be a problem ?

Thanks
Silvi

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
boske83 said:
Anyone got application reopened recently?

I am still waiting for response on my CSE, submitted June 16th... Still no refund too...
My cse 19 th June...still awaiting ...me too
Good luck

Prdesupne

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Before i go see my employer and have him write the letter again, I want to have a few things clear.my reference letter says he worked from this date to this date.
It does nt have the date on which it was drafted. should i get a new letter, is it recommeded to send it out ryt away or wait until they decline my application ?