Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2015
AOR Received.
12-07-2015
konosan said:
Merci beaucoup pour la réponse!
Maintenant je n'ai vraiment aucune idée de ce qui t'a arrivé, car tous les examens ont l'air normal. Bonne chance pour votre CSE!! Malheureusement c'est tout ce que je peux dire en ce moment ...
Merci Konosan

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
kiran_6sb said:
Guys I have seen some other thread that an apicant has been rejected under fsw as he didn't have 1 year of experience in his primary occupation ,but he has worked in two different NOCs for 16 months in Canada.

I have got ITA under PNP and I'm worried that I have 10 months exp in NOC 2282 and 8 months in NOC 2281.and I have selected my primary NOC in application as 2281.

P.s I'm also eligible under CEC

Does it effect my application .
Please do reply
I was in a similar situation as you did in a few years. FSW requires one year of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in the PRIMARY job code. Therefore, what you may do is to have a letter putting your two work experience as one job code that you indicated as your primary job code. Be reminded that work-in-excess (working more than 30 hours per week) is counted as 30 hours, and you really need 52 weeks of work, at least 30 hours each week, in order to fulfill their requirement. Your experience needs to be continuous, with short anticipated break(s) between employment being acceptable.

I do not know about CEC.

konosan

Aug 20, 2015
Yesterday I noticed a difference between two concepts, which lots of people (including me) might mix up.

1. "medical exam"
This concept is clear, which means that an applicant gets examined at a panel physician, e.g. X-ray, blood test etc. The results are uploaded to eMedical.

2. "medical assessment"
The explanation on www cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/index.asp (Date Modified: 2014-05-09) is: "A medical assessment is the review of an applicant's medical file by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) medical officer or delegated staff." Hence presumably the original results of a medical exam on eMedical are assessed by CIC's medical officers and then their assessment (maybe with the original results) is passed to CIC visa officers.

www cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/using.asp (Date Modified: 2013-05-07) shows:

Limitations on the immigration medical assessment

A medical assessment is interchangeable and can be used for other immigration categories, unless the medical officer imposed one of the following limitations on the assessment:

The most commonly used limitations are:

* "Assessed as excessive demand exempt only". A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies under an immigration category that is no longer excessive demand exempt (e.g. the foreign national applied as sponsored spouse (FC-1) and now applies as Federal Skilled Worker)

* "Assessed as Temporary Resident only". A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies for permanent resident status or extend his or her stay in Canada.

The word "interchangeable" doesn't refer to medical exams, but assessments that CIC's medical officers made.

My analysis:

Until now, all the applicants whose permanent residence applications were cancelled received the reason "invalid medical as medical has been ASSESSED for temporary residence only". The verb there is "access". Thus I tend to believe that the cancellation was due to CIC's medical officers, that the applicants' panel physicians didn't make a mistake in medical exam items, and that CIC's visa officers had nothing to do with the cancellation. We haven't seen strong evidence showing any difference between a medical exam for permanent residence and that for temporary residence. Seemingly the cancellation was a fault of CIC's medical officers, or these applicants' physical condition does not fulfil the medical requirements for permanent residence application (if we assume that requirements for permanent residence are more than those for temporary residence).

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Konosan, thanks for the analysis... It has been confirmed by many panel physicians, including mine, that medical exam for TRV visa and for PR is SAME, so that is not an issue...

I agree that the issue is assessment of the results - it is clearly stated in rejection reason. However, assessment should be defined in EDE/Non-EDE field, and for PR only Non-EDE makes sense since it is more strict assessment.

What is weird is that rejected people were all Non-EDE, and I am not sure how the medical personnel at CIC could possibly make such a mistake. Additionally, medical results are being sent by panel physicians to CIC, and we do not have control over that aspect too - maybe there is separate way of uploading results for TRV and PR, and that could be the reason if panel physicians uploaded it on wrong place.
Other than that, the only explanation for me is CIC personal incompetence.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Maplemadness82 said:
Hi Asivad

I have made it to in process but ecas shows no update. Still2 lines and no med updates.
Just wondering when they auctioned your file not in your favour, what was its status? App received or in process??

Just curious to know if I have past the unsafe stage in my app yet.
Hi Asivad,

My MYCIC medical status turned to Passed last night. ECAS still shows 2 lines of app received and started processing with IN PROCESS status currently.
Is it ok to have medical status not reflect on ECAS?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
konosan said:
Yesterday I noticed a difference between two concepts, which lots of people (including me) might mix up.

1. "medical exam"
This concept is clear, which means that an applicant gets examined at a panel physician, e.g. X-ray, blood test etc. The results are uploaded to eMedical.

2. "medical assessment"
The explanation on www cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/index.asp (Date Modified: 2014-05-09) is: "A medical assessment is the review of an applicant's medical file by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) medical officer or delegated staff." Hence presumably the original results of a medical exam on eMedical are assessed by CIC's medical officers and then their assessment (maybe with the original results) is passed to CIC visa officers.

www cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/using.asp (Date Modified: 2013-05-07) shows:

Limitations on the immigration medical assessment

A medical assessment is interchangeable and can be used for other immigration categories, unless the medical officer imposed one of the following limitations on the assessment:

The most commonly used limitations are:

* "Assessed as excessive demand exempt only". A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies under an immigration category that is no longer excessive demand exempt (e.g. the foreign national applied as sponsored spouse (FC-1) and now applies as Federal Skilled Worker)

* "Assessed as Temporary Resident only". A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies for permanent resident status or extend his or her stay in Canada.

The word "interchangeable" doesn't refer to medical exams, but assessments that CIC's medical officers made.

My analysis:

Until now, all the applicants whose permanent residence applications were cancelled received the reason "invalid medical as medical has been ASSESSED for temporary residence only". The verb there is "access". Thus I tend to believe that the cancellation was due to CIC's medical officers, that the applicants' panel physicians didn't make a mistake in medical exam items, and that CIC's visa officers had nothing to do with the cancellation. We haven't seen strong evidence showing any difference between a medical exam for permanent residence and that for temporary residence. Seemingly the cancellation was a fault of CIC's medical officers, or these applicants' physical condition does not fulfil the medical requirements for permanent residence application (if we assume that requirements for permanent residence are more than those for temporary residence).
I came to the same conclusion this morning - that the issue is not with the applicant, who merely presents him- or herself for an examination, and probably not with the clinic doctors, who do the same exams for everyone, but with whoever "assesses" the exam. The rejection letters say the exams were "assessed" for temporary residence. So - who assesses them? The doctors who perform them? Or CIC? And if it's CIC's medical team that makes the mistake (probably because of the presence of the term "worker", which used to mean "temporary worker", then is it fair to reject the applicant for that? Shouldn't they just send the medical exam back to their own team for reevaluation?

chechi_298

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
12-11-15
Thanks for your quick response Ben. Please do keep us updated with the status of your CSE appeal. I wish nothing but the best during this process!

Ben76600

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
France
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2015
AOR Received.
12-07-2015
Thanks to all of you for your analysis. I will keep you informed. I will fight till I get a clear answer at least. I dont know if Yelena still follows this forum?

Ben76600

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
France
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2015
AOR Received.
12-07-2015
FYI I just called CIC, processing center gave them an answer about their request regarding my case. They won't reassess my case and they gave exactly the same reason. It seems like Im missing something... I think I need to see a lawyer now..

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Bank statements are mandatory or not. I have 1 yr old balance in my joint account with my spouse and average balance is also same as current balance, just 3-4% variation. If im sending bank letter which stating average balance for last six months, current balance, credit card accounts( limits and balance available), no loan then bank statement for last six months should be submitted or not.

charger01

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
Nomination.....
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-21-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
Ben76600 said:
FYI I just called CIC, processing center gave them an answer about their request regarding my case. They won't reassess my case and they gave exactly the same reason. It seems like Im missing something... I think I need to see a lawyer now..
Didnt they tell how they came to conclusion that its for temporary residence where you applied for permanent residence medical?

Ben76600

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
France
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2015
AOR Received.
12-07-2015
charger01 said:
Didnt they tell how they came to conclusion that its for temporary residence where you applied for permanent residence medical?
No

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Hi seniors
Pls help, i have two accounts in two different banks, one is saving accounts( joint with spouse) and second one is salary account, but For POF all amount exists in saving accounts from last 6-7 months. And salary account hv nt much money bcoz i used it for home expensives or for daily use so always balance is below than $100. Only in the first week of every month balance goes up when salary transfered to it. So now question is-: Bank statements are mandatory or not. I have more than six months old balance in my joint account with my spouse and average balance is also same as current balance, just 3-4% variation. If im sending bank letter which stating average balance for last six months, current balance, credit card accounts( limits and balance available), no loan then bank statement for last six months should be submitted or not. And should i submit same letter ( no loan, current balance, avg balance, credit cards) for salary account from other bank or statement is mandatory

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Ben76600 said:
This is so pathetic.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ben76600 said:
Wow. I really think you should. Please let us know what happens.