+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
No. You are safe if your FDs add up to at least the POF requirements. You are not expected to show anything more than availability of unencumbered POF. Period.
Hi Asivad

I have made it to in process but ecas shows no update. Still2 lines and no med updates.
Just wondering when they auctioned your file not in your favour, what was its status? App received or in process??

Just curious to know if I have past the unsafe stage in my app yet.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
Hi Asivad

I have made it to in process but ecas shows no update. Still2 lines and no med updates.
Just wondering when they auctioned your file not in your favour, what was its status? App received or in process??

Just curious to know if I have past the unsafe stage in my app yet.
You have quite some distance to cover so sit back and relax for now. I got refused at the final step when my ECAS was 'In Process' for almost 8 weeks preceding which it was 'Application Received' for almost 6 weeks. If they hadn't found that reason to refuse, most probably I would've got a PPR yesterday.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Asivad Anac said:
Got rejected.

Apparently, the POF evidence wasn't sufficiently clear to prove that my funds were net of outstanding debts and my application did not have additional document to support these letters. I did upload the LOE and I clearly remember that because that was the only thing that required explanation. Either the LOE wasn't good enough or it never transmitted in the first place. Anyways, I've created a fresh profile and entered the pool again (though Job Bank registration still says 'Pending' even though I got that EE pool acceptance mail in MyCIC, hope that is just a formality). And now that those funds have been in the bank untouched for almost 6 months, POF shouldn't be a problem the next time around. I'm also planning to send in a CSE but the rejection letter is pretty discouraging on that front - doesn't seem reopening the application is a possibility - but I'm going to try that nonetheless with strong supporting documents. Find the relevant edited portion of the rejection letter below.

Here's wishing everyone the best with their application! And hoping that I land another ITA soon. :)

PS: As I got rejected on POF grounds, that is further proof that 6/19ers got PER (Positive Eligibility Review) on their application else it would never have gotten this far.
Apparently, all LOE's must be established with strong supporting documents. I will be cautious accordingly. And waiting for your next arise!

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do we notarize the letter from parents? Who will do this for us? That just seems silly...
What if I had the minimum amount all 5 months and then last month it spiked due to adding the amount dad transferred... will that be an issue?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
How do we notarize the letter from parents? Who will do this for us? That just seems silly...
What if I had the minimum amount all 5 months and then last month it spiked due to adding the amount dad transferred... will that be an issue?
You don't have to notarize this letter. Any unexplained and unsubstantiated spikes will be an issue. Explain them. Provide supporting evidence. And repeat. Till you have a watertight case where the officer can no longer have any doubts on your unfettered access to unencumbered funds towards POF purposes.

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Asivad Anac said:
You don't have to notarize this letter. Any unexplained and unsubstantiated spikes will be an issue. Explain them. Provide supporting evidence. And repeat. Till you have a watertight case where the officer can no longer have any doubts on your unfettered access to unencumbered funds towards POF purposes.
Hi Asivad,

Am so sorry to hear about your rejection, my sure it's just a matter of time and your next application will be successful.

With regards to the POF issue what can be considered supporting evidence.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Londo said:
Hi Asivad,

Am so sorry to hear about your rejection, my sure it's just a matter of time and your next application will be successful.

With regards to the POF issue what can be considered supporting evidence.
Any and all evidence which conclusively proves that you have unfettered access to those funds and that they are unencumbered. This could include job offer letter, pay stubs, tax assessment forms (largely true for applicants working in Canada) and gift letters, 6 month bank statements, asset sale receipts, FD certificates etc (for applicants within or outside Canada).

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about your rejection Asivad. I just can't help but think that 'maybe' pointing out those large transactions and marking them as gifts would in fact make the officer more suspicious. CIC does not require the applicant to have maintained the minimum funds over the past 6 months, and nowhere does it ask us to explain any such deposits or large differences. I personally think it is very common for someone to transfer other savings to one single account for express entry. So I am just thinking perhaps we shouldn't include those information because we were not instructed to do so.

Your rejection letter seems very unclear (CIC apparently can't even let us know why they are rejecting us after 4 months, sigh). The letter is composed in a way as if you did not have enough funds in your account statement, and you were only going to receive more funds from your father, which I am sure cannot have been the case as you are aware of all the rules... so I am still confused. Is there a tiny chance that your letter, inadvertently of course, was misunderstood?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MySky said:
Sorry to hear about your rejection Asivad. I just can't help but think that 'maybe' pointing out those large transactions and marking them as gifts would in fact make the officer more suspicious. CIC does not require the applicant to have maintained the minimum funds over the past 6 months, and nowhere does it ask us to explain any such deposits or large differences. I personally think it is very common for someone to transfer other savings to one single account for express entry. So I am just thinking perhaps we shouldn't include those information because we were not instructed to do so.

Your rejection letter seems very unclear (CIC apparently can't even let us know why they are rejecting us after 4 months, sigh). The letter is composed in a way as if you did not have enough funds in your account statement, and you were only going to receive more funds from your father, which I am sure cannot have been the case as you are aware of all the rules... so I am still confused. Is there a tiny chance that your letter, inadvertently of course, was misunderstood?
You obviously need to explain any unexplained transaction in your account to clarify that the funds are not borrowed because as per CIC 'you cannot borrow this money from another person'.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MySky said:

Unlikely. The officer clearly says that they are not convinced that I have sufficient funds available net of debts. That's the crux of it. Borrowed funds are non starters. Though I did not have borrowed funds (and the officer takes cognizance of the gift but does not cite that as a reason for rejection), there was an unreasonably large difference between the 6 months average balance and present account balance which was caused by (you guessed it!) the very gift that the officer does not question. What went wrong is possibly the LOE did not reach or failed to get their attention or wasn't good enough for them to be convinced that my POF (which incidentally was 25% more than required) was unencumbered.

And you are certainly on the wrong track with that giving them information makes them suspicious. CIC clearly states that the funds must be available to the PA (ruling out bank accounts singly owned by parents/siblings/spouse and also ruling out your investments in equities, MFs, jewelry, vehicles, properties) and that they must be unencumbered (ruling out any kind of loans and overdrafts). CIC explicitly asks for 6 months average balance for a very simple reason - to check it against the present account balance. If the difference is unreasonably high AND unexplained (as it appears to have happened in my case) you will get rejected. Not bringing such transactions to their attention would be counter productive. You should strictly endeavor to bring such discrepancies to their attention (that shows you understand what they need) and explain the discrepancies by providing supporting evidence which conclusively proves that you haven't borrowed those funds (again something which did not pass muster in my case).

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
I Understand that there might be an issue when there is a spike of inflow money (gift etc). But what if my average 6months balance is higher than my current balance? The difference is approx 20% in average vs current funds. Would that cause an an issue?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
I Understand that there might be an issue when there is a spike of inflow money (gift etc). But what if my average 6months balance is higher than my current balance? The difference is approx 20% in average vs current funds. Would that cause an an issue?
That shouldn't be a problem. If you feel like explaining any transaction(s) in particular, add an LOE.

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Asivad Anac said:
That shouldn't be a problem. If you feel like explaining any transaction(s) in particular, add an LOE.
I would have to explain that my one-month trip to Canada was pretty expensive ;)

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
On a separate note. I am wondering if anybody has had any issues with CIC saying - wrong NOC code and rejecting the application? I mean we are all doing our best to find the best NOC here, but rarely it is 1 to 1 match. For instance I am a lawyer by profession, some of my positions were called junior lawyer, legal officer but in fact I would not provide any legal advice, but I was an anti-corruption and antifraud consultant (hence I chose NOC 1122 instead of any paralegal/legal NOC).

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal,

I suggest to email the NOC dept and get your NOC in writing from them.. I am planning to add that email somewhere in additional documents or something to be 100% sure..