VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Mahadev87 said:
Stamps will be present in Passport. They don't require domestic travel.
What about an EU passport? We don't get stamps for travelling with the EU. However obviously an EU passport is recorded.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Mahadev87 said:
Stamps will be present in Passport. They don't require domestic travel.
I'm talking about international travel

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
kryt0n said:
What about an EU passport? We don't get stamps for travelling with the EU. However obviously an EU passport is recorded.
They don't expect 100% accuracy.. they said so on the ee form, not a big deal if you missed out a couple of trips

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
maged_mmh said:
They don't expect 100% accuracy.. they said so on the ee form, not a big deal if you missed out a couple of trips
Do they??

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
kryt0n said:
Do they??
I don't have a screenshot shot, but if I recall correctly, it was mentioned on the travel history section

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
This is not applicable to me but a general wondering.

Has anyone been rejected for say, not declaring visiting a country? Even though it isn't a material thing (like it wouldn't result in a need for PCC?).

Would they call it material for affecting the process?
Also I did not read about anything like that happen, but it could be.
Here are the possibilities:
1. you got stamp in your current passport but you forgot to list that visit in your travel history. This will be discovered on the spot (when they compare passport against your travel history). And it can technicaly lead to rejection (as you were requested to list it).
2. You got no stamp, but your passport was registered somewhere (for example passport reader on the airport). Then you are running against some chance to be discovered (it will depend if they have access to that info, but in most cases, they can get it). So again you can end up in rejection (hiding the facts)
3. No stamp and no register in the system (just a short check on borders). I this case discovery is very low to 0.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
vensak said:
1. you got stamp in your current passport but you forgot to list that visit in your travel history. This will be discovered on the spot (when they compare passport against your travel history). And it can technicaly lead to rejection (as you were requested to list it).
2. You got no stamp, but your passport was registered somewhere (for example passport reader on the airport). Then you are running against some chance to be discovered (it will depend if they have access to that info, but in most cases, they can get it). So again you can end up in rejection (hiding the facts)
3. No stamp and no register in the system (just a short check on borders). I this case discovery is very low to 0.
Indeed, what i figured. Just remembered that i landed in Italy but drive overland for French vacation. I only listed France in travel history. I'll send a CSE mentioning the flights were transits etc. Ugh. Always after submission, eh?

They haven't got to my background check yet and this won't be a material fact, so hoping it won't lead to anything serious. Right?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Indeed, what i figured. Just remembered that i landed in Italy but drive overland for French vacation. I only listed France in travel history. I'll send a CSE mentioning the flights were transits etc. Ugh. Always after submission, eh?

They haven't got to my background check yet and this won't be a material fact, so hoping it won't lead to anything serious. Right?
Go for CSE. Also rejection is technicaly possible, they do not make much of an issue of such small mistake (it is hard enough to remember all travels, I was checking my holiday photos just to remember the dates).

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:

You get rejection, he gets rejection, EVERYONE gets rejection!!!

pk84

May 7, 2012
rajkamalmohanram said:
This is a positive step but IMO, it is not okay to assume PPR is imminent (though it usually is).

Good luck and all the very best!
Hello Raj

Thanks for your response..what's worrying me is: my background check is still "In Progress" as before, just that CIC asked for "Landing Fees"..I read on this forum that there have been cases where CIC refunds "Landing Fees" and rejects the application at a later stage.

R u aware of it, and what's your take on it??

Thanks

pk

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
vensak said:
You're too worried, they're not that brutal

rasholm

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
24-03-2017
Med's Done....
25-05-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
Hi all,

say you have including work experience letters for 10 years of foreign work under FSW and CIC decides that one of the letters is too weak but only accounts for 6 months of work, would they just discount that work experience and not award points for that or would they reject the entire application even though it fulfills all points requirements even without that work experience?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
rasholm said:
Hi all,

say you have including work experience letters for 10 years of foreign work under FSW and CIC decides that one of the letters is too weak but only accounts for 6 months of work, would they just discount that work experience and not award points for that or would they reject the entire application even though it fulfills all points requirements even without that work experience?
you need to account for 3 years only

pk84

May 7, 2012
rasholm said:
Hi all,

Hello Rasholm

I too have a similar situation as yours..I have 6 years industry experience for which I am claiming points, and before that I had 1 year of Consulting experience in the same industry as a contractor wherein my work-ex letters were not as explicit as this 6 years work-ex.

What my consultant advised me is, your old work ex letters for less than a year most probably might be discounted for and your longest work-ex i.e. 6 years will be the one based upon which they will be assessing you. I think my consultant even told me to not include work-ex letters for duration less than a year..dont include any internships etc.

Thanks