+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Overthinking.

Bachelors degree is irrelevant to your points (hence your ITA) as you have a Canadian Masters degree. Whether you retain the Bachelors degree or remove it from your profile is of no interest to the officer assessing your application as you don't get any points for your Bachelors degree so they aren't looking for the presence (or absence) of your Bachelors degree while assessing your application.

This discussion would be relevant ONLY if you had a postgraduate degree/diploma/certificate along with your Bachelors because, in that case, your Bachelors gets you the points under the '2 or more...' section. The fact that you have Canadian Masters degree completely negates the need to include your secondary, higher secondary and/or Bachelors credentials as part of your application. Period.

If you retain the Bachelors degree and provide ECA (or not), translations (or not), transcripts (or not) makes no difference to your PR application.
If you remove the Bachelors degree, the question doesn't arise in the first place.
Hijacking @wenfeizh topic. I have a masters and a doctorate degree both of which have ECA; and I am claiming points under '2 or more...'. Would I need to include my bachelor's ECA/degree ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
Hijacking @wenfeizh topic. I have a masters and a doctorate degree both of which have ECA; and I am claiming points under '2 or more...'. Would I need to include my bachelor's ECA/degree ?
You are claiming points for the Doctorate, not even for the Masters. So it isn't under '2 or more...' which distinction is ONLY applicable when you are claiming points for a 3 year Bachelors degree in addition to another diploma/certificate. So you wouldn't need ECA for Bachelors and Masters if you have ECA for your PhD.

crbj

May 18, 2016
I wish I could join this forum earlier. Just got refusal today :(

I got nominated by Ontario (Human Capital Stream) in Nov 2015. Invited and submitted my application in the same month. After 6 months of waiting, I received the refusal message this afternoon.

They gave me two reasons. Both of them relate to my reference letters. I worked for two companies before. One for 4 months (Company A) and the other 14 months (Company B) by the time I submitted my application.

The first reason is that the reference letter of Company B doesn't demonstrate substantial number of main duties of NOC. I admitted this is my problem as the reference letter is too brief. I didn't pay any attention to this reference letter because I used the same one for my PNP application.

The second reason is that the reference letter of Company A doesn't demonstrate that I worked for 12 months. I don't understand this one. My total work experience was 18 months in total. Why do I have to work for 12 months at Company A?

I am in a tough situation right now. My PNP just expired 8 days ago. I will get 460 points at the end of next month. But I noticed recent draws require around 470 points.

My question is:
1. If I submit a CSE with a new reference letter from Company B, is it possible that my application will be reopened?
2. Can someone explain the second reason they gave me? Is it their fault? Or is it possible to appeal?

Thank you guys in advance!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
crbj said:
I don't understand this one. My total work experience was 18 months in total. Why do I have to work for 12 months at Company A?
Sorry to hear this, but it sounds like they refused you because they rejected the reference letter from Company B with the 14 months of experience, so you cannot claim the minimum 12 month work requirement. Did you get assessed in OINP for CEC or FSW?

I remember reading that Ontario can grant nomination extensions for up to 30 days after the original expiry, but I haven't heard of anyone who has successfully done it so far, and a few members have had little luck in getting replies from OINP lately.

Good luck.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
@crbj

adding to bellaluna, your 14 month exp is not counted, and because your duties dont match, if you send another RL with matching duties from same company it is misinterpretation. IF it was some other reason you could have been able to file CSE.

Secondly scores may drop down later this year , so keep watching on PNP's, as they might come out with new quota and apply to most relevant one.

But before doing anything get your duties matched with NOC which is most important factor.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
crbj said:

I got nominated by Ontario (Human Capital Stream) in Nov 2015. Invited and submitted my application in the same month. After 6 months of waiting, I received the refusal message this afternoon.

They gave me two reasons. Both of them relate to my reference letters. I worked for two companies before. One for 4 months (Company A) and the other 14 months (Company B) by the time I submitted my application.

The first reason is that the reference letter of Company B doesn't demonstrate substantial number of main duties of NOC. I admitted this is my problem as the reference letter is too brief. I didn't pay any attention to this reference letter because I used the same one for my PNP application.

The second reason is that the reference letter of Company A doesn't demonstrate that I worked for 12 months. I don't understand this one. My total work experience was 18 months in total. Why do I have to work for 12 months at Company A?

I am in a tough situation right now. My PNP just expired 8 days ago. I will get 460 points at the end of next month. But I noticed recent draws require around 470 points.

My question is:
1. If I submit a CSE with a new reference letter from Company B, is it possible that my application will be reopened?
2. Can someone explain the second reason they gave me? Is it their fault? Or is it possible to appeal?

You have obviously increased experience now and hence in a better position.

With regards to your score, even if it is 460, you need to have better reference letters. So I would suggest you look at that first.

No harm in creating a new profile at the end of next month (just in case). For this profile, try to raise a CSE and explain that the reference letter was used for OINP as well and attach an updated letter.

The second reason is explained by Bellaluna

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crbj said:

My question is:

There is a guy in December thread went through similar situation and he raised a CSE with a detailed and correct reference letter. The case was reopened a month later and approved the next day. You may consider that if you can obtain the right reference letters.

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is his post.

processor said:
Hi to everyone!

Couple days ago we got PPR.

But thing is, that in April 13 our application has been refused (one stupid mistake in reference letter)
We sent letter with all the explanation and correct documents to Ottawa office, after 3 weeks our case was reopened and day after we got PPR.

nedved13

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
TEF 02-02-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
I agree with M.Mostafa !

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
I'm a candidate with PNP from the same stream (CEC) from Ontario. This scared the crap out of me. I'm now woried about my own case. What a horrible way to start your day >_<

I suggest you absolutely talk to PNP office if you are in Toronto. They are at University Avenue at the first floor of the building right outside st. Patrick Station. Go see them and talk with them to see if you can get an extension so you can get another ITA. May I also ask what stream did you use? CEC or FSW? and did you order your GCMS notes while your case was processing?

smallcoffee2milk

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Innana said:
I'm a candidate with PNP from the same stream (CEC) from Ontario. This scared the crap out of me. I'm now woried about my own case. What a horrible way to start your day >_<

I suggest you absolutely talk to PNP office if you are in Toronto. They are at University Avenue at the first floor of the building right outside st. Patrick Station. Go see them and talk with them to see if you can get an extension so you can get another ITA. May I also ask what stream did you use? CEC or FSW? and did you order your GCMS notes while your case was processing?
Is it possible to actually talk to them? I've been there before dropping my OINP app last year and as far as I remember, there's no receptionist and the office is completely blocked from outside except a tiny drop off window with a big blue bin on the other side but there's nobody around it.

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
smallcoffee2milk said:
Is it possible to actually talk to them? I've been there before dropping my OINP app last year and as far as I remember, there's no receptionist and the office is completely blocked from outside except a tiny drop off window with a big blue bin on the other side but there's nobody around it.
Yes you can. I talked to them several times. sometimes you get a very unhelpful officer that repeats himself like a computer reading a page off the manual but other times they were, very, very helpful. I also have the direct number of the officer who took my case (since they communicated with me over the email when they asked for more documents) so maybe the candidate in the question has that information as well. Besides all that, she/he has nothing to lose at this point. Might exhaust every possible option.

Nov 23, 2015
omg that scare the hell out of me~~~ how do they define "substantial number of main duties of NOC"? my reference letter is brief too :eek: :eek: :eek:

crbj said:

My question is:

No Man Left Behind

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
crbj said:

My question is:

I hear you my friend and totally sympathize with you. You sustained a refusal at the worst timing, six months of waiting and PNP expired.

At this moment it is of the utmost importance that you obtain updated experience letters from both your companies and submit them via CSE along with a very polite explanation letter.

Company A - make sure the time period worked for the company is mentioned as it counts towards your eligibility at the time you received your ITA. Your initial letter must have missed that crucial information altogether. Make sure this letter also complies with all the other IRCC requirements.
Company B - make sure the duties in your new letter match the NOC you claimed in your application. It is hard to define what the word "substantial" means, but the larger the number of duties, the better. (In logical discourse, a substantial number from a sequence of 10 objects could be anywhere from 2 to 9).

Finally, along with the aforementioned, submit a courteous explanation letter kindly asking them to reopen your application. Apologize because you failed to notice the time period missing from your initial company A letter, and explain that you had your company B letter updated with more details about your real duties (use the "appropriate" wording so that it does not come across as you fine-tuning your duties to match the respective NOC).

No harm in creating another EE profile and hopefully receiving an ITA in the next few months (460 is still very competitive). If all goes well, you won't need it.
Hope this helps you my friend. Keep us updated about how everything goes.

crbj

May 18, 2016
bellaluna, bestofluck,PiyushAgrawal06121985, M.Mostafa, Innana, nedved13 and No Man Left Behind,

Thank you guys all for your explanation and suggestion. I will try raise CSE and even extend my PNP. I will definitely keep you guys updated. And whoever have any other advice, please let me know.

FYI, My PNP was under CEC.