+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Dear Seniors,

I am in Canada working as a Food Counter Attendant. I was in the EE pool since Jan 2015 with 442 points, last week i got an approved LMIA to support my PR application which increased in EE points 1042. The employer named in my LMIA is my current employer and the LMIA is for a Food Service Supervisor. My current work permit is valid until 2016 August (but it's a low skilled job). I am applying under FSWP.

I have a query regarding the LICO requirement. Do I need to prove that I have enough money to support? CIC website says that you must have a valid job offer and you must be in Canada in order to be exempted from LICO requirement, both statements are true in my case. But my present WP is not for the job offered in the LMIA to support PR, though its the same employer.

Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

Note: I have updated my EE profile and provided 'Zero' as available funds, still it shows eligible under FSW.

MORGESDREAMS

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-5-2016
Passport Req..
8nov 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2016
LANDED..........
27-11-2016
Joejo said:
Dear Seniors,

I am in Canada working as a Food Counter Attendant. I was in the EE pool since Jan 2015 with 442 points, last week i got an approved LMIA to support my PR application which increased in EE points 1042. The employer named in my LMIA is my current employer and the LMIA is for a Food Service Supervisor. My current work permit is valid until 2016 August (but it's a low skilled job). I am applying under FSWP.

I have a query regarding the LICO requirement. Do I need to prove that I have enough money to support? CIC website says that you must have a valid job offer and you must be in Canada in order to be exempted from LICO requirement, both statements are true in my case. But my present WP is not for the job offered in the LMIA to support PR, though its the same employer.

Note: I have updated my EE profile and provided 'Zero' as available funds, still it shows eligible under FSW.
Hi

I am the same case like you,if you have valid supervisor work permit no needs of funds,just show your paystub..

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
MORGESDREAMS said:
Hi

I am the same case like you,if you have valid supervisor work permit no needs of funds,just show your paystub..
I don't have a supervisor WP. My WP is for Food Counter Attendant. The new LMIA is only to support PR, I cannot use it for getting a WP, but both the same employer

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Joejo said:
Dear Seniors,

Based on having a valid job offer and currently working in Canada, IMO you should be exempt. It doesn't say anywhere that you should be working in the same occupation as is your LMIA/job offer. If we put some logic behind, they want to see that you are able to support yourself. Upon obtaining PR, you will start working as a FSS, and you will continue supporting yourself. Plus, your note indicates exemption too, with having zero funds.

But better check with CIC.

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
kirtivsingh said:
Hi You ordered GCMS a few weeks early.
I would say re apply for GCMS. Generally the GCMS are dated a few days after you apply for instance my GCMS was 5th April and was dated 7th. however i recieved it on 20th April.

So if you apply again now you will get information as on 27th. which will confirm your R10 status etc.

Just out of curosity did you recieve any ghost emai in between the time your R10 was sent and now. If yes, most likely your file has moved forward.
POST aor, i got one email regarding updated, on checking, i found that BGC status changed to 'no need at this time'

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
abdulqayyum said:
POST aor, i got one email regarding updated, on checking, i found that BGC status changed to 'no need at this time'
This generally means your R10 has been done and file has been sent to local VO for further processing.

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
25.Apr.2017 Background Check in Progress
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
Hello All,

Has anyone come across any post, wherein the rejection is experienced because of the incorrect NOC updated in the profile, whereas the reference letter from the employer justifies the roles and responsibilities of an NOC code (within 0, A, B for FSW) but a different number altogether.

Thanks

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
moderator1983 said:
Hello All,

Has anyone come across any post, wherein the rejection is experienced because of the incorrect NOC updated in the profile, whereas the reference letter from the employer justifies the roles and responsibilities of an NOC code (within 0, A, B for FSW) but a different number altogether.

Thanks
Yes, NOC mismatch and wrong PCC are the two main reasons for rejection. Your roles and responsibilities should match the NOC code you are applying for.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhyogeshkumar said:
Yes, NOC mismatch and wrong PCC are the two main reasons for rejection. Your roles and responsibilities should match the NOC code you are applying for.
I feel like if they think your actual NOC is different than what you claim, but they shouldn't reject it if the new NOC is still within O, A or B. But unfortunately i guess they dont do that. They just reject you no matter what. Seems a bit harsh to me.

:'(

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
wenfeizh said:
I feel like if they think your actual NOC is different than what you claim, but they shouldn't reject it if the new NOC is still within O, A or B. But unfortunately i guess they dont do that. They just reject you no matter what. Seems a bit harsh to me.

:'(
You are right. They should offer a chance to explain since there is a fair amount of ambiguity amongst several job codes.

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
You are right. They should offer a chance to explain since there is a fair amount of ambiguity amongst several job codes.
It depends on the case officer. Some might give a chance to explain but you can never be sure about this. We have seen so many rejections because of NOC mismatch. Provinces are more lenient but not IRCC.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
singhyogeshkumar said:
It depends on the case officer. Some might give a chance to explain but you can never be sure about this. We have seen so many rejections because of NOC mismatch. Provinces are more lenient but not IRCC.
Yup but there should have been a better criteria. For example something more generic, perhaps based on industry or company type.

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
Is there something like administrative review after someone gets rejected in EE?

I was not rejected, but asking out of pure curiosity ;)

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
25.Apr.2017 Background Check in Progress
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
singhyogeshkumar said:
Hello,

In that case – I would like to specify my case in detail.

My wife has worked for 3 years and 8 months at the position of Senior Executive – Contract Logistics.
She was mainly responsible for designing tailor made cost effective warehousing solutions for the customers, streamlining of warehouse operations and implementation of continuous improvement methodologies. Her duties mainly comprised of working closely with the business development team to:
• Understand the technical requirements of the customers,
• Propose and procure viable and robust warehousing machinery and storage solutions,
• Design networks for freight movement of customer’s goods and
• Execute space efficiency utilization projects within the warehouse.
• She also provided implementation support to the CTI Team in setting-up of the warehouse.

Now we are confused which NOC to be used – 0731 (Managers for transportation) or 1215 (Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations)

Though she was not at a managerial position then, still her role matches more closely with 0731 – “Develop plans and procedures for the transportation and storage of goods”
Moreover, NOC 1215 just requires completion of secondary school only, whereas her qualifications match with NOC 0731 more closely, she is a Post graduate degree holder in the field of international trade.

Further on – her next job (current one) is surely under NOC 0731 as now she is a Team Lead for Logistics function of an MNC.
Her key responsibilities comprise of:
• Actively managing talent base & mentor the new and existing team members and guide them towards effective discharge of functions
• Implementing stable and sustainable processes within logistics to ensure relentless execution
• Developing logistics team capabilities to ensure proper support for respective stake holders within the organization
• Monitoring the day to day activities of team and maintained the absenteeism records of subordinates
• Improving operational efficiency through centralization of logistics/supply chain functions at the organization
• Ensuring team KPIs are met for EXIM Planning & Ops, Reporting, Data Entry, Report analysis, Warehouse Management – Warranted highest target levels with regards to accuracy

We are confused now as we want to utilize both her experiences in the work history for her to claim maximum points and also we do not want to get rejected by selecting an incorrect NOC for any one of them.

Lastly, is there an authority who can help us validate our NOC as per our job responsibilities.

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
moderator1983 said:
Hello,

In that case – I would like to specify my case in detail.

My wife has worked for 3 years and 8 months at the position of Senior Executive – Contract Logistics.
She was mainly responsible for designing tailor made cost effective warehousing solutions for the customers, streamlining of warehouse operations and implementation of continuous improvement methodologies. Her duties mainly comprised of working closely with the business development team to:
• Understand the technical requirements of the customers,
• Propose and procure viable and robust warehousing machinery and storage solutions,
• Design networks for freight movement of customer’s goods and
• Execute space efficiency utilization projects within the warehouse.
• She also provided implementation support to the CTI Team in setting-up of the warehouse.

Now we are confused which NOC to be used – 0731 (Managers for transportation) or 1215 (Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations)

Though she was not at a managerial position then, still her role matches more closely with 0731 – “Develop plans and procedures for the transportation and storage of goods”
Moreover, NOC 1215 just requires completion of secondary school only, whereas her qualifications match with NOC 0731 more closely, she is a Post graduate degree holder in the field of international trade.

Further on – her next job (current one) is surely under NOC 0731 as now she is a Team Lead for Logistics function of an MNC.
Her key responsibilities comprise of:
• Actively managing talent base & mentor the new and existing team members and guide them towards effective discharge of functions
• Implementing stable and sustainable processes within logistics to ensure relentless execution
• Developing logistics team capabilities to ensure proper support for respective stake holders within the organization
• Monitoring the day to day activities of team and maintained the absenteeism records of subordinates
• Improving operational efficiency through centralization of logistics/supply chain functions at the organization
• Ensuring team KPIs are met for EXIM Planning & Ops, Reporting, Data Entry, Report analysis, Warehouse Management – Warranted highest target levels with regards to accuracy

We are confused now as we want to utilize both her experiences in the work history for her to claim maximum points and also we do not want to get rejected by selecting an incorrect NOC for any one of them.

Lastly, is there an authority who can help us validate our NOC as per our job responsibilities.
You can send a mail to NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca to ask your NOC code.
Write all your roles and responsibilities in the mail body as they can not open attachments.