+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
CIC has made changes to the ECAS flowcharts as late as June 2015. I distinctly remember that there was a stage called In Progress earlier on this flowchart but that has disappeared now. I believe that this is the transition time from the old process to EE and there isn't a lot of clarity in ECAS flowchart but the broad status transition appears to be In Progress > Application Received > In Process > Decision Made.

Of the following 3 flowcharts, the 3rd one appears to closely approximate ECAS status under EE. It isn't a complete match clearly because Medicals happen earlier in the new process.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_fam&lang=en&app=ecas --- Outside Canada

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_com&lang=en&app=ecas --- Inside Canada

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_wrkr&lang=en&app=ecas --- FSW to CIO, Nova Scotia

If you observe the flowchart in the 3rd link, Application Received implies that "We have received your application. After checking for completeness, a file has been created and the information from the application form was entered." and In Process implies that "Based on review of your complete application package, it has been determined that your application is eligible for processing. Processing has begun."

What that possibly means is that when ECAS status is In Process, your application is deemed complete AND eligible under the particular program. Of course, there could be exceptional misses like anvar21 where the rejection most likely happened because of program ineligibility and one would expect that CIC would catch that miss upfront rather than wait for such a long time before rejecting the application. But the system is as new to them as it is to the rest of us so such errors might creep in for now and the system will be fine-tuned as we move along.
Why was anavr21 ineligible for the program? Is it because he picked an NOC code that he did not have any experience in?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
Why was anavr21 ineligible for the program? Is it because he picked an NOC code that he did not have any experience in?
Still a hypothesis but looks like that's how it went down. Of course, only anvar21 has all the details and we can only speculate based on the limited information they have provided so far.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Still a hypothesis but looks like that's how it went down. Of course, only anvar21 has all the details and we can only speculate based on the limited information they have provided so far.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ecas-decision-made-and-no-ppr-express-entry-candidates-connect-here-t315428.15.html

Rjoy.singh just got his application refused after having a Decision Made status on ecas :( :(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ecas-decision-made-and-no-ppr-express-entry-candidates-connect-here-t315428.15.html

Rjoy.singh just got his application refused after having a Decision Made status on ecas :( :(
It seems that this was a case of LMIA job offer not being permanent which is a perfectly valid reason. What is disturbing is not the cancellation in itself but the delay in doing it and the random status updates that precede a cancellation. There has to be some method to the madness but I'm not able to put a finger on it yet.

rjoy.singh

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
A bunch of idiots sitting in the immigration cic didn't see the person has a valid Lmia and valid Work permit ...they have rejected my file just becoz of Stupid thing permanent not mentioned in the job letter ..what a crap

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Hello friends,

Im currently working as mechanical engineer in UAE. My nationality is Indian.

I have applied for PR through Express Entry, after getting ITA. My application got rejected due to non submission of UK police clearance certificate.

I had submitted PCC for UAE & India. Apparently CIC required my PCC for UK too since I did my Masters in UK.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishalv said:
Hello friends,

Im currently working as mechanical engineer in UAE. My nationality is Indian.

I have applied for PR through Express Entry, after getting ITA. My application got rejected due to non submission of UK police clearance certificate.

I had submitted PCC for UAE & India. Apparently CIC required my PCC for UK too since I did my Masters in UK.
Sorry to hear that. CIC does state that you need to submit PCCs for every country where you live for more than 6 months at a stretch.

Are you planning to submit a CSE to reopen your application? Will you be able to get the PCC soon?

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Sorry to hear that. CIC does state that you need to submit PCCs for every country where you live for more than 6 months at a stretch.

Are you planning to submit a CSE to reopen your application? Will you be able to get the PCC soon?
I have been informed that I have to start from the very beginning. I have to create a new EE profile and submit the same. If my EE profile is selected from EE pool and I receive an ITA, I could apply again.

At the moment, I have submitted an application for UK PCC. Once I receive positive confirmation about UK PCC, I will create a new EE profile.

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
What are the other possible reasons for rejection for OOPNP?

I believe the most important thing would be the experience verification.

Thanks!

anvar21

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
My thoughts exactly on anvar21's case. Reinforces the need to be extremely careful while choosing the Primary NOC. Program eligibility and CRS scores must be kept in mind while doing that.
I checked my submitted application I did choose NOC 8253 my primary NOC.
I am still in shock.
Can I appeal if yes How can I do.
Thank you very much for the help guys.

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
rjoy.singh said:
A bunch of idiots sitting in the immigration cic didn't see the person has a valid Lmia and valid Work permit ...they have rejected my file just becoz of Stupid thing permanent not mentioned in the job letter ..what a crap
I perfectly know how r u feeling .. I myself have gone through this last month ...

Hard time i can just say ...its disgusting knowing there is not much we can do here...

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
It seems that this was a case of LMIA job offer not being permanent which is a perfectly valid reason. What is disturbing is not the cancellation in itself but the delay in doing it and the random status updates that precede a cancellation. There has to be some method to the madness but I'm not able to put a finger on it yet.
Asivad,

I dont think this is not perfectly valid reason...we have not typed those letters & neither we have control on what we are given to us by our employers.\

And boss cancellation does disturb

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anvar21 said:
I checked my submitted application I did choose NOC 8253 my primary NOC.
I am still in shock.
Can I appeal if yes How can I do.
Thank you very much for the help guys.
Have you tried doing what Righteous suggested?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aarti21 said:
Asivad,

I dont think this is not perfectly valid reason...we have not typed those letters & neither we have control on what we are given to us by our employers.\

And boss cancellation does disturb
I did not mean that to be offensive. I meant that the cancellation isn't entirely disturbing to all of us who are waiting for our turn but what is more disturbing to us is the randomness of getting cancelled at any point in time. Of course, personally for you it is a deeply disturbing experience and I'm sorry you had to face this rejection from CIC.

About the LMIA, I meant it was a valid reason only because CIC has published the requirements upfront on what they are expecting from the employer and the applicant. It is indeed sad that your employer couldn't help you out here but CIC wants exactly this.

For Federal Skilled Worker Program or Canadian Experience Class (not required but applicants can get extra points under the Comprehensive Ranking System for a job offer)

be permanent, non-seasonal and full time, and
be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) list.

That is why I said it was a valid reason. If an FSW candidate gets rejected tomorrow for not having the mention of their job as full-time or working hours/week in their reference letter, even that will be a valid reason but not necessarily the applicant's fault.

Hope that clarifies. And here's hoping you get another ITA soon enough. All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aarti21 & anvar 21

Is there absolutely no way your employers can insert the words permanent, non-seasonal and full-time in the job offer letter exactly as CIC asks for? What is your employer's reservation in adding those words? It's CIC and not you that is asking them for the letter.