Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Bro any update on fsw draws? :-(
I only know what IRCC tells us. :)
29... Experience not than 9 years
Okay cool. You have a bunch of experience. French would be a good way to increase your points, yes. As you may know, you will begin to lose points in your 30s. Now is a good time to max out and try to get an ITA.

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016

Okay cool. You have a bunch of experience. French would be a good way to increase your points, yes. As you may know, you will begin to lose points in your 30s. Now is a good time to max out and try to get an ITA.
And whats the latest update? Should we expect a draw in July?

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020

He could possibly lookout for Sackatwaun PNP if his NOC is indemand

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I guess we have to wait and see if there are progress with FSW applicants waiting to get COPR. That should be a better indication on when general draws will resume
I second this. Even FSW candidates have not received PPR recently.
Many who had submitted their passports before the pandemic have been waiting as well. Can you imagine having a passport stuck somewhere and not being able to travel at the moment?
We know for sure that the process has been stuck for this stream.

Sunilneha

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
I am no expert, always positive to share something good related to when FSW draws. But now my positivity is draining and feels like there will be no draw this year. I am standing at 470, ielts will expire on Aug 08, 2020. How I will manage to arrange the docs if draws resume in july of july end or in August. I am so broken.
I m standing at 468 and will loose points in September due to age.. this time, I m feeling low too.. I feel, only God can help to come out of this phase. In fact, I m not understanding what to do???

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I m standing at 468 and will loose points in September due to age.. this time, I m feeling low too.. I feel, only God can help to come out of this phase. In fact, I m not understanding what to do???
Have you maxed out your IeLts?

OADEOYA

Jan 2, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I had always hope things will be different in june, Countries are gradually easing up and commercial activities is beginning to pick up.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I second this. Even FSW candidates have not received PPR recently.
Many who had submitted their passports before the pandemic have been waiting as well. Can you imagine having a passport stuck somewhere and not being able to travel at the moment?
We know for sure that the process has been stuck for this stream.
True! To be fair though, if there was ever a time that I would mind less if my passport was stuck at some visa office, it would be now. It's not like I'd be taking a vacation in the middle of a pandemic anyway, so I have no need for it. We should keep tabs on the threads relating to FSWs updating their application statuses, and post here if we see traction for them. That would definitely be a positive indicator for us. :)
That's a decent CRS. Well done! If general draws resume soon enough, maybe they will drop to that level. They did last year, numerous times. No one knows for sure though. As @joconstantine said, maxing out your IELTS if you can is a good idea. What score did you get for each of the sections on your test?
I had always hope things will be different in june, Countries are gradually easing up and commercial activities is beginning to pick up.
Same buddy. I had high hopes for June. Got quite excited, and then suddenly very disappointed. But... as you say, things are opening up. Visa offices are opening, airports and other border crossings are opening. Economies are ramping back up. And airlines are beginning to fly to more destinations. Canada is starting to process more visa-related things again. So maybe late June or July has some positive FSW news for us. Let's remain as positive as we can, check the news, and see what happens.

Reactions: joconstantine

Sunilneha

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
True! To be fair though, if there was ever a time that I would mind less if my passport was stuck at some visa office, it would be now. It's not like I'd be taking a vacation in the middle of a pandemic anyway, so I have no need for it. We should keep tabs on the threads relating to FSWs updating their application statuses, and post here if we see traction for them. That would definitely be a positive indicator for us. :)

That's a decent CRS. Well done! If general draws resume soon enough, maybe they will drop to that level. They did last year, numerous times. No one knows for sure though. As @joconstantine said, maxing out your IELTS if you can is a good idea. What score did you get for each of the sections on your test?

Same buddy. I had high hopes for June. Got quite excited, and then suddenly very disappointed. But... as you say, things are opening up. Visa offices are opening, airports and other border crossings are opening. Economies are ramping back up. And airlines are beginning to fly to more destinations. Canada is starting to process more visa-related things again. So maybe late June or July has some positive FSW news for us. Let's remain as positive as we can, check the news, and see what happens.
L-8, R-8.5, w-7, s-7

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
If they have forums then we must keep a check on their updates. it can surely help.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
L-8, R-8.5, w-7, s-7
You surely have a lot of room for improvement.
0.5 more each of L, W and S and you will have 3 x 3 = 9 additional points. So do yourself a favour, prepare to sit for the exam again. That will surely help make up the loss of points due to age.

With 475 (after age point loss), you have a very Good chance to receive the ITA. The pool is getting larger but the rate of new candidates is much lower than before.

Reactions: Sunilneha
Status
Not open for further replies.