Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
One thing I love about this group is that we have stopped getting posts like

“I studied in Canada and spent a lot of money so I’m entitled to get PR”
&
No more arguing about why fsw candidates are being treated unfairly
We are SKILLED workers and we just want to keep things professional.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I don't think CEC draws are anyhow related to VACs closed, or anything related to that. Instead, I think it's all a matter of: what will happen to someone who has their visa about to expire, and simply can't leave the country because:
1. There aren't any flights available to their country; or
2. The flights costs the same as a 2010 Civic?

And what about countries that have closed entirely their borders? How these citizens would return to their countries at all?
So, I believe CEC draws are meant to help Canada avoid that situation, where they would need to accept "illegal" people inside their territory, simply because they couldn't leave and their study/PGWS visas have expired.

So, I really believe we'll only get back to general draws once aviation reboots. Seriously, I think it's all about availability of flights.
I have seen a lot of FSW inland candidates complaining on Twitter whose work permit is expiring in June and July, what will happen to them? There were also a few inland candidates who got ITA at the end of last year and their application was rejected due to unsatisfactory application and now they are stuck in Canada without any permit.

Reactions: manisingh2301

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I am following Air Canada on Facebook :) So far, the only major announcement has been in relation to resuming domestic flights (plus one international flight to Tel Aviv). I'll keep an eye on them...
Awesome! The first step is domestic anyway, so that's good news. When was that announcement made?

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Awesome! The first step is domestic anyway, so that's good news. When was that announcement made?
There were a series of promotional announcements, most of them made this month - to do with domestic flights, their new cleaning procedures and what is new in terms of airport procedures...They have definitely started posting a lot more since early June.

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
When you click on the link, you can click on the region and it shows you both June and July frequencies for each destination.

Most are increasing in July.

Reactions: Jo1984

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade but that article someone posted about expectations of increased applications for immigration to Canada contained an important phrase. That we need to adjust to the "new normal" due to the pandemic.

I take that to mean that normal FSWs might not happen for 2020. There was also a recent article that projected that immigration intake in Canada this year might be closet to 200K than to the intended 350K.

This is just bad luck for folks unfortunately. Over the long run, Canada needs immigration. The natural rate of population growth is significantly below replacement levels. So immigration is needed just to prevent population from falling, growth requires an even higher intake. So over the medium to long run immigration through FSW will be high.

Sitting here in Canada, in the immediate future (i.e. 2020 and maybe the first half of 2021) I can see immigration from outside (i.e. FSW) dipping significantly. This is because the unemployment thanks to the pandemic has skyrocketed. A lot will depend on how fast the recovery will take place. Let us assume that things start getting back to normal and we have a V shaped recovery (best case scenario) so that would mean that 5 months of economic mayhem (march - july) will take until the end of November to recover. In this scenario things should be back to normal by the end of year. Before that probably CEC will be much more the norm as opposed to FSW.

Intermittent FSW draws might start taking place from August/ September IMO.

But, as mentioned so many times before. Nobody really knows for sure.

Last edited:

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade but that article someone posted about expectations of increased applications for immigration to Canada contained an important phrase. That we need to adjust to the "new normal" due to the pandemic.

I take that to mean that normal FSWs might not happen for 2020. There was also a recent article that projected that immigration intake in Canada this year might be closet to 200K than to the intended 350K.

This is just bad luck for folks unfortunately. Over the long run, Canada needs immigration. The natural rate of population growth is significantly below replacement levels. So immigration is needed just to prevent population from falling, growth requires an even higher intake. So over the medium to long run immigration through FSW will be high.

Sitting here in Canada, in the immediate future (i.e. 2020 and maybe the first half of 2021) I can see immigration from outside (i.e. FSW) dipping significantly. This is because the unemployment thanks to the pandemic has skyrocketed. A lot will depend on how fast the recovery will take place. Let us assume that things start getting back to normal and we have a V shaped recovery (best case scenario) so that would mean that 5 months of economic mayhem (march - july) will take until the end of November to recover. In this scenario things should be back to normal by the end of year. Before that probably CEC will be much more the norm as opposed to FSW.

Intermittent FSW draws might start taking place from August/ September IMO.

But, as mentioned so many times before. Nobody really knows for sure.
Your logic is flawed but has some truth, I do agree that FSW's will not resume for a while or they may only invite in-demand NOC's as opposed to all program draw.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I have seen a lot of FSW inland candidates complaining on Twitter whose work permit is expiring in June and July, what will happen to them? There were also a few inland candidates who got ITA at the end of last year and their application was rejected due to unsatisfactory application and now they are stuck in Canada without any permit.
This is a point I don’t get: why CECs and not “inlanders”? Is that a limitation of their software?
But, for sure, even if Canada invites only inland candidates, there will still be people who will be left behind, simply because they’re limiting the ITAs to 3900/biweekly.
My point is that they’re trying to manage this situation, so that they do not have to deal with embassy’s around the world to repatriate thousands and thousands of “illegal” immigrants every week.
But sure, a few hundreds will unfortunately be left behind and will need to find their way back home.

jiayujiayu95

Apr 20, 2020
I KNOW they will reopen the draw for FSW, just not sure WHEN. I'm more curious how high the score is gonna be cuz with all those candidates piled up for so long, it's gonna take some time before they invite all the 470+ candidates. My concern is that the score is going to be so much higher after this, like maybe 480+ or even higher to be invited. Speaking as someone whose score is only 450 now, I start to think about changing my plan and just go take a master's program in Canada. My original plan is to accumulate my work experience (once I get 3 years I'll be 480+) but now it seems a long time and nobody knows what will happen in 2 years. Personally speaking, I think the current score is too high. I have basically maxed the other items and the only thing stopping me is my short work experience. Don't understand why 1 and 2 years work experience get the same score.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
I KNOW they will reopen the draw for FSW, just not sure WHEN. I'm more curious how high the score is gonna be cuz with all those candidates piled up for so long, it's gonna take some time before they invite all the 470+ candidates. My concern is that the score is going to be so much higher after this, like maybe 480+ or even higher to be invited. Speaking as someone whose score is only 450 now, I start to think about changing my plan and just go take a master's program in Canada. My original plan is to accumulate my work experience (once I get 3 years I'll be 480+) but now it seems a long time and nobody knows what will happen in 2 years. Personally speaking, I think the current score is too high. I have basically maxed the other items and the only thing stopping me is my short work experience. Don't understand why 1 and 2 years work experience get the same score.
You are absolutely thinking towards the right direction. There are so many ways to become a PR while studying in Canada. With so much uncertainty around, this might just be a good move. Go get the masters if you can afford it .

which institution are you looking at?

jiayujiayu95

Apr 20, 2020
You are absolutely thinking towards the right direction. There are so many ways to become a PR while studying in Canada. With so much uncertainty around, this might just be a good move. Go get the masters if you can afford it .
Thanks. I might need to apply for scholarships to afford it. I've been researching for programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.