Ray of Hope - 47th Draw

patricia.hple

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My crystall ball says that those in the bracket of 440 - 455 will be cleared in January 2017 :D

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Fatani and Patricia are right. I also got these numbers when I was doing some research.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
To be honest CLB 9-10 Is not everyones cup of tea and I agree with you that there are lots of them like you. Thats why I said 6.5-7K students above 430. Above 430 means it could be 440-450-60-70-80-90 or 500. But let if a person is above 430 with 30 bonus he/she will come in the range of 450-500 thats why I said minimum 430.

6.5-7K is still a huge number if this the number it will take 2.5-3 months to clear up i.e. 5-6 draws. But if you look befor the bonus points has been announced every 7 out of 10 students were saying that there should be atleast 100 points and lots of them said avg score of intl student is 380.

If we look at the EE yr End report of 2015. It says as on 3rd jan 2016 there were 60K active profiles in the pool. So if you assume that now there will be 100K profiles. And we cant translate every profile as an applicant because lots of people have 2 profiles one of husband one of wife. If anyone of them gets ITA the other has been withdrawn. So still suppose if there are 100K profiles as of now.

If 30% of them means 30K are students in the pool. And majority means 75% of them are below 420. It means still there will 6.5-7K students in the pool which will go over to 450 with bonus or still are over 450 like you.
7k is a huge number, and will take 7 months to clear... its not like only CIC guys are there in the pool, there will be PNP candidates, normal candidates with high scores etc... only people who wont be there (i mean not that many) are LMIA candidates...
we also have to factor in work experience, most of the 7k candidates are probably employed in canada for 1+ year, so thats more points for them anyway... if they add non LMIA approved work permits n stuff, thats another 50 points ... so the inflated pool will be a lot bigger than we think

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
7fifty said:
Not to say you are wrong, but I was a student now on PGWP

Graduated from undergrad (engineering) in 2014 + 2 years work experience in Canada and started work right after graduation in NOC B type job & CLB 10+ CELPIP
My current score is 469 (trust me, I've maxed out everything!!!). And there are many people like me that I know...
As far as I know, it's very difficult for Chinese students to get 8777 for IELTS. They can achive an overall score of 7~7.5, but 8777 needs tremendous efforts.

Since Chinese students constitute a big chunk of internatinal students (at least this is the case in the UK, not sure about Canada), I tend to agree with Fatani.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are also forgetting following:
1. NAFTA workers (+50 points), more might be interested to immigrate
2. Work permit on employer (even if temporary) +50 points
3. Mobilite Francophone - first batch will start to recieve +50 points from summer 2017 onwards.
4. Students - in some cases can cash points as listed above

If you just imagine calculation of somebody with French or from NAFTA to take just 1 year of MBA studies and cash 30 points (and yes they will cash that as MBA is in the same range as Master and as admission their own studies can be used). And then taking 1 year work after that and cashing 30 + 30 + 50 points with it (while loosing 10 points). Now how many of those already have their 1 years study and all they need is finish their 1 year work there.

Once the first backlog of students will be cleared all this come in play.

But we will see a bit more once we will know our ranking in the system as well. That shall give clearer idea just how much movement is over there.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Are we sure we are going to see rankings?

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
thestunner316 said:
7k is a huge number, and will take 7 months to clear... its not like only CIC guys are there in the pool, there will be PNP candidates, normal candidates with high scores etc... only people who wont be there (i mean not that many) are LMIA candidates...
we also have to factor in work experience, most of the 7k candidates are probably employed in canada for 1+ year, so thats more points for them anyway... if they add non LMIA approved work permits n stuff, thats another 50 points ... so the inflated pool will be a lot bigger than we think
No it will not take 7 months. Now from 19th nov most numbers of ITAs will go to students. Because they are the ones who got bonuses. And I think 65-70% of the ITAs will go to students above 450. So if they are 7K and if even 1.2-1.3K students gets ITAs considering we will have above 2K draws now. So it will mean 2.5K students getting cleared in a month in this case it will at max 3 months or 6 draws to get them cleared.

Secondly here in this forum we think that there are 1-2 million profiles are in the pool if you check 2 EE reports mid year 2015 and year end 2015. You will know that there are only 40-60K profiles. If you double it still you will get 100K profiles considering out of 60K on jan 2016 25K of them got ITA. But still suppose there are 100K.

And another point on over estimation lots of people in this forum said when the score was not going below 483 that now its been 6 months that the score has not gone below 482 so there will be 5-6K applicants on 481. As 481 is the max you can get as a single applicant without canadian connections. But still it needed only 1800 ITAs to clear the range from 475-483. That why I say we people over estimate a lot. Many people also said that 480 is the new 450. CIC will not increase the draw size but what happend now the draw size are bigger and scores came to 472. Proving all of them wrong.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
vensak said:
You are also forgetting following:
1. NAFTA workers (+50 points), more might be interested to immigrate
2. Work permit on employer (even if temporary) +50 points
3. Mobilite Francophone - first batch will start to recieve +50 points from summer 2017 onwards.
4. Students - in some cases can cash points as listed above

If you just imagine calculation of somebody with French or from NAFTA to take just 1 year of MBA studies and cash 30 points (and yes they will cash that as MBA is in the same range as Master and as admission their own studies can be used). And then taking 1 year work after that and cashing 30 + 30 + 50 points with it (while loosing 10 points). Now how many of those already have their 1 years study and all they need is finish their 1 year work there.

Once the first backlog of students will be cleared all this come in play.

But we will see a bit more once we will know our ranking in the system as well. That shall give clearer idea just how much movement is over there.
I think your 2nd point is incorrect. Only 3 work permit holders after 1 yr of exp will be able to get 50 points. That are NAFTA , ICT and francophones. If they want to immigrate there human capital should also have to be good. And forget about work permits. As an FSW you dont have any connection but still you want to immigrate. So if they want to they will. They will not think like now we have 50 points so we should immigrate. So I think that does not matter much.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jianxia15 said:
As far as I know, it's very difficult for Chinese students to get 8777 for IELTS. They can achive an overall score of 7~7.5, but 8777 needs tremendous efforts.

Since Chinese students constitute a big chunk of internatinal students (at least this is the case in the UK, not sure about Canada), I tend to agree with Fatani.
Agreed Chinese are bad at English but they somehow manage to clear if not crack the exams. I had a ton of Chinese students studying with me in US, which makes it obvious that they cleared GRE and TOEFL. Also I haven't seen a single Chinese post in these canadian forums. I doubt if in large numbers they are interested in settling in Canada. ;)

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
No it will not take 7 months. Now from 19th nov most numbers of ITAs will go to students. Because they are the ones who got bonuses. And I think 65-70% of the ITAs will go to students above 450. So if they are 7K and if even 1.2-1.3K students gets ITAs considering we will have above 2K draws now. So it will mean 2.5K students getting cleared in a month in this case it will at max 3 months or 6 draws to get them cleared.

Secondly here in this forum we think that there are 1-2 million profiles are in the pool if you check 2 EE reports mid year 2015 and year end 2015. You will know that there are only 40-60K profiles. If you double it still you will get 100K profiles considering out of 60K on jan 2016 25K of them got ITA. But still suppose there are 100K.

And another point on over estimation lots of people in this forum said when the score was not going below 483 that now its been 6 months that the score has not gone below 482 so there will be 5-6K applicants on 481. As 481 is the max you can get as a single applicant without canadian connections. But still it needed only 1800 ITAs to clear the range from 475-483. That why I say we people over estimate a lot. Many people also said that 480 is the new 450. CIC will not increase the draw size but what happend now the draw size are bigger and scores came to 472. Proving all of them wrong.
why are we assuming the students only have 1 year experience... i'm sure quite a few of them are pursuing/completed masters there after having atleast 2-3 years of expeirnece in home countries..

and i was 100% sure about the 481 max backlog crap... 5k people being stuck there... i mean cmon its express entry not an indian college entrance exam for crying out loud...

but someone made a very good point about chinese students, that constitutes the most number of applicants (not indians, though we tend to think like that ha ha ) so yeah their english scores in general might not be that high... competent yes, but not outstanding....

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:

1. No, as a single applicant without any Canada connection you can get more that that - up to 518 (110 for age, 100 for full transferability, 150 for PhD, 134 for first language, 24 for second language).
2. Yes, they had decreased LMIA, but at the same time, there is now larger group of people who will recieve bonus 50 points for their arranged employment without need of LMIA.
To put is simple - take around 50% applicants from range 400-450 and put them in the range 450-490 and you will see the result for cut off.

pogunwomoju

Sep 21, 2016
kryt0n said:
Don't think so. Think it's anyone with an ITA before 19th that aren't affected. As of 19th your lmia is worth 50 points.
I am in a Job Fair in Paris now on the Canada Immigration and the moderator just spoke about the new changes to the system. As Kryt0n pointed out, everyone who has ITA before 19th November will not be affected by the new modalities. So i'm sorry if there's no draw tomorrow, your points will reduce!!!