Dec 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2014
Mariolopez said:
No my friend applying for LMIA doesnt put u in a implied status..
Implied status means when u applied for new work permit before ur current WP expires with CIC and in between ur work permit expires which is called implied status under which u can continue to work while waiting for CIC decision on ur new work permit..if u didnt apply for new WP before ur current WP expires then u r out of status.so u have 90 days from the date ur WP expired to restore it but u can not work during tht time..
I hope i cleared ur confusion...and for AINP i dont know how will they process applications with implied or out of status...i hope u will hear from them soon..i think forum member name jologz was in same condition as u so he might be able to help u out..
Good luck..

Hi there,

applying for lmia does put u under implied status and u will get ur AINP cerficate even after ur visa expired. that's been the case with me. my work permit expired in Novmber 2014. my employer had applied for LMIA and I was under implied status and received my nomination yesterday

Mariolopez

Feb 25, 2013
jaswal said:
Hi there,

applying for lmia does put u under implied status and u will get ur AINP cerficate even after ur visa expired. that's been the case with me. my work permit expired in Novmber 2014. my employer had applied for LMIA and I was under implied status and received my nomination yesterday
Wow tht is great!!!
Congrats...
Didnt u say they rejected ur file in past b/c of ur expired work permit..

jaswal

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2014
Mariolopez said:
Wow tht is great!!!
Congrats...
Thanks Mario. I was contacted by AINP officer on 14 Jan to confirm if I was still working and asked for my Job description signed by my employer. To be noted u will receive ur AINP even after ur visa expires only if u r under SRS. Its been complicated for me coz previously I applied under employer driven stream. But luckily I had written to AINP office a letter (before my visa expired) requesting them to change my file to SRS category. I got a call from AINP on Dec 10, when they were processing my EDS file. they rejected my EDS file as my Visa had expired. (until then they had not received my letter)

Mariolopez

Feb 25, 2013
jaswal said:
Thanks Mario. I was contacted by AINP officer on 14 Jan to confirm if I was still working and asked for my Job description signed by my employer. To be noted u will receive ur AINP even after ur visa expires only if u r under SRS. Its been complicated for me coz previously I applied under employer driven stream. But luckily I had written to AINP office a letter (before my visa expired) requesting them to change my file to SRS category. I got a call from AINP on Dec 10, when they were processing my EDS file. they rejected my EDS file as my Visa had expired. (until then they had not received my letter)
Good for u..very happy for u tht it did work out for u in the end...

jaswal

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2014
Mariolopez said:
Didnt u say they rejected ur file in past b/c of ur expired work permit..

Yes they did reject my file in Dec that was EDS. But later when they received my letter. The did consider my request and re-processed my file under SRS. I had lost hope and wasn't expecting anything until Jan 14 when they contacted me.

Mariolopez

Feb 25, 2013
jaswal said:
Yes they did reject my file in Dec that was EDS. But later when they received my letter. The did consider my request and re-processed my file under SRS. I had lost hope and wasn't expecting anything until Jan 14 when they contacted me.
did u get new WP permit in between?? beacause this is what says on their website..
Reminder:
You must maintain a valid work permit throughout the AINP application and assessment process. Only applicants under the Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations Category are exempt from this requirement. If you are unable to provide the AINP with a valid work permit or implied status based on a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or LMIA exemption at the time of assessment, your application will be declined. Please see the FAQ section for further information.

jaswal

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2014
Mariolopez said:
did u get new WP permit in between?? beacause this is what says on their website..
Reminder:
You must maintain a valid work permit throughout the AINP application and assessment process. Only applicants under the Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations Category are exempt from this requirement. If you are unable to provide the AINP with a valid work permit or implied status based on a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or LMIA exemption at the time of assessment, your application will be declined. Please see the FAQ section for further information.
No my employer didn't receive LMIA yet. m gonna apply for work permit on my AINP basis. " Only applicants under the Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations Category are exempt from this requirement" that's y candidates under SRS doesn't need to get LMIA or work permit extension necessarily.

Mariolopez

Feb 25, 2013
jaswal said:
No my employer didn't receive LMIA yet. m gonna apply for work permit on my AINP basis. " Only applicants under the Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations Category are exempt from this requirement" that's y candidates under SRS doesn't need to get LMIA or work permit extension necessarily.
its says only Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations Category.so not all SRS according to tht reminder..

jaswal

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2014
Mariolopez said:
its says only Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations Category.so not all SRS according to tht reminder..

Sorry, My bad on that. I was under Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations . Sorry for generalising SRS as all the Candidates I know are under Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations . I forgot there are other categories under SRS too.

Mariolopez

Feb 25, 2013
jaswal said:
Sorry, My bad on that. I was under Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations . Sorry for generalising SRS as all the Candidates I know are under Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations . I forgot there are other categories under SRS too.
its all good mate!!!
again congrats on ur nomination...u dodge the bullet there my friend on receiving nomination..
good luck for next step!!!

jaswal

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2014
Mariolopez said:
its all good mate!!!
again congrats on ur nomination...u dodge the bullet there my friend on receiving nomination..
good luck for next step!!!
Thanks Buddy.

Wish u all the best. Hope u get it soon.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
jaswal said:
When did you send you application?
Sorry I didn't find the info (probably it is somewhere there :) )

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
jaswal said:
Congrats man! But isn't it ridiculous that they reject the same person under one category and approve under another...

jaswal

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2014
MONKUCHA said:
When did you send you application?
Sorry I didn't find the info (probably it is somewhere there :) )

I Sent my EDS application in march. And wrote to Ainp about changing my application to SRS somewhere in end of october

pnp525

Oct 23, 2014
jaswal said:
I Sent my EDS application in march. And wrote to Ainp about changing my application to SRS somewhere in end of october

did they tell you they rejected my EDS file? they process your EDS in dec 2014, that is fast!